Free Plus Shipping

Free Plus Shipping

by Swank Apps, LLC

Assign shipping rates to products for free plus shipping deals

Sheshopper

i just tried to install it and it sits hanging for twenty minutes and not working

Downtown Jungle

I’ve used this app for a few months. Over this time, I’ve found my check out process broken twice because of bugs in this APP. Note that if the shipping service doesn’t return a proper response, the customer just can’t checkout. The first time they pushed out an update that broke my store. Then they fixed it but broke the admin view for the app. The third update got it right. Now I discover my check out is broken again, because the shipping records are corrupted. Note that other reviews are reporting the same problem as far back as mid 2016. I’m uninstalling this app before they ruin me.

Polishedfashions

Nice try, I really wanted to like and use it, but it's full of bugs and I don't want to be paying for an app while trying to work out the bugs with developer. I have loads to do already like trying to build my online store.
Woke up one Saturday to orders totaling $0.00. Long story short, the app dropped a couple of my rates and does the same when trying to set up rates to the products in the first place. So had to cancel some orders, can you image if it was a few hundred orders??? So I am uninstalling after 1.5 months of use.

Shopsubculcha

First off, I haven't written any reviews for any of the apps I have installed as I have found that nearly all of them had something about them that were either going to force me to spend more money to make them work (intentionally, I'm sure) or cause me a ton of headaches trying to figure them out with little to no support documentation. If you're new to this Shopify game then I am CONFIDENT that you know exactly what I'm talking about. Now onto the review..... After struggling with trying to create free plus shipping rules and trying to get rid of the additional Shopify default shipping options showing up in checkout that would confuse my customers for the better part of my Shopify trial, I came across this app today. Man it's a life saver! No more dealing with drawn out youtube videos explaining how to set up a million decimal based shipping rules and then not even being able to allow my customers to order more than one item without losing money on the deal. Within (literally) 3 minutes of installing this app I had 10 products ready to go. When I tested out adding multiple free items to the cart guess what I saw? Each item rang up up a shipping charge of it's own just like I set it up to do and there were no unneeded additional shipping options showing up to confuse my customers. Seriously, if you are trying to get a free plus shipping option going THIS IS THE APP TO GRAB. Thank you SO much Swank Apps....You're a business saver! I love the price too. A lot of the app developers on here are clearly out for a money grab, but these guys offer a great product at an incredible price for it's potential. This probably sounds like I work for them or something but if you have been pulling your hair out trying to accomplish something that should be seemingly so simple then you can imagine how you would feel if you discovered a truly easy and properly functioning solution for 10 bucks a month. For me, Free Plus Shipping feels like meeting the new love of my life after the week and half of burnt time I've spent dealing with just trying to get into the competition much less get ahead of it. Now, I have read a review saying the app wasn't working properly. I had this issue for about ten seconds too. All you have to do is head to the Shopify shipping area and delete EVERYTHING...all of it...everything! Then head to Free Plus Shipping and set up your rate, choose the products for that rate and move onto the next one. To make product sorting easier I personally included indicators in the titles like "Stainless Steel Ring-Under A Buck". This allowed me to easily know which products were at the proper price point for the shipping rate I was setting up. Then when you're done, simply search your products in Shopify by the indicator ("under a buck" for example) and remove the additional wording from each. Seems time consuming but it's not nearly as time consuming as trying to teach yourself how to accomplish what this app accomplishes in seconds. I am stoked!

Nextwavedeals

Maybe these aren't bugs, but I'm calling them that. The UX for this product is less than par. For instance, there is no easy way to set a default shipping rate.

Honestly, I don't know where to start. Don't Waste Your Time. Seriously. We are looking for a new shipping plugin as we speak.

Can't filter out products that don't have shipping rates applied to them. So you either go through them one page at a time. Which sucks because when you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is no pagination, so you have to scroll back to the top of the page. Then if you select all after fitlering, "None" which filters the products that don't have shipping rates applied. Then what ever you do, don't thing those filtered results you can click select all, because it will actually select all your products and when you set the shipping rate, it will apply that shipping rate to all the products.

If you create a new shipping rate, it selects all the product, make sure you turn that off before saving or it will override your other shipping rates.

This app has a long ways to go to be a product that I would say you can trust a store to. Maybe if you only have 20 or 30 products it's not a big deal. Get into 100 or 200, 300 etc, and it's not ideal. At least it was not ideal for us. We have to keep it for anotehr day or two before we can transition out of it. The crazy thing is that this is the app shopify recommended if we wanted to do, FREE just pay Shipping. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this app to anybody, it's been a real let down.

Dank Goods Shop

Only shipping app that didn't complicate everything

Grab And Go Central

My free plus shipping rates aren't showing up at check out. Is there anything else I need to do?

Wiki Wiseman

Works really well, Jon was wonderful at providing very fast support! Anytime I had any questions or Issues, he would reply and get back to me within a couple of hours. This was fast and great!! Easy to configure, full control for individual or multiple products. Best Support. A+ Highly Recommend if you are wanting to do Free + Shipping Offers with Shopify.

Wool And Werth

Easy app to use, worked quickly for me. Love that you can set different F+S rates for different products, that was the big value-add for me.

2 Next