Free Gifts by Secomapp

Free Gifts by Secomapp

by Secomapp

Boost your sales with multiple offers

BabiesAfrica.com

Was not a great experience. The interface doesn't initially align with store design. Even with support trying to fix fonts and colours, it doesn't look professional on my customer's end. Then removed the app and it got messy. Code left everywhere. App creates free variants alongside normal variants that were left live on the store. Had customers buying 'free' items before I could find them all! Angry customers wanting to know why they couldn't get all their multiple free items they ordered. Never really got to test how well the app functions in-cart. Thankfully I had backed up the store and could revert, but had to manually scour every product to delete all the free variants!

May 8, 2020

Sorry for your unhappy experience. As we have checked, the latest conversation between us is from several months ago. Because the team has not heard from you since then, we have not been updated with your situation yet. If you still want to go with us, please drop us an email to support@secomapp.com. We'll help you solve everything with our best.

Exclusive Beauty Club

Very frustrated with this app. I wish it would work properly. I repeatedly need support to fix errors and it is causing poor customer experience on our store.

March 16, 2020

Hi Admin,
So sorry for a little late response due to the weekend.
Your request has been checked closely and replied to your inbox already.
Please check your email and we promise we will keep in touch quickly within our working hours.

Spoiled Lips

customer service in incompetent. that is the reason I cancelled. They couldn't answer my ingle question, but instead cared more about when my subscription will renew.

December 18, 2019

There might be a little misunderstanding here. We just want to make sure there would be no trouble for your subscription. Specific support has been sent to your email box. Look forward to your response for further assistance. Thanks.

T.M. Ward Coffee Company

The app did not work for us and caused our site to lockup. Support by email is in Asia. So if you live anywhere in the USA, your issue will not be addressed until the following day. It's a great concept though. We didn't get to use because it bought our site to a halt.

ZADEKO

$30 ++ ? It is absolutely not worth the cost. Instructions are there, but it could be better as there are some code adjustments to do, it could take you a while to figure it all out. Also when I remove the main product from my basket, the customer can still get away with free gift by removing the main product. I truly hope it was my mistake (it has to be for that price), but yes, not working for me and not worth the struggle even though support is there. The design is poor looking to my taste. I uninstalled and still I had to go through many liquid files to remove manually files that weren't removed. I love the concept though, just need some major improvements for such a price. So far my recommendation is : don't even try it.

Redootattoo

We rated 3 stars till the support reply to our emails and tickets .. we installed the store pick app paid and where so happy we found one ... but like other website owners who have little coding and html experience we could ot make it work and have some bugs 3 days and support does no respond to our support tickets all they send us is more application to install

Daphnyraes

This app messed up our store twice. There are a lot of options but each option we wanted to add caused problems. This app asks for extensive help from the developer and a lot of things went wrong in our case. It took a lot of emailing to get things sorted out. The installation took quite some time and some last minute stress the evening before Black Friday. After they installed this app, the featured image of our products was replaced by the second picture in our product pages which is the backside of our products. The support is quite okay though.

July 15, 2019

We're sorry your experience with our app was not up to the mark. We'll try harder to match your expectations.

Playblue

First the positive , It works after a bit of fiddling and trial and error.
Now the less positive, the install is messy as you need to let them do it really and they make loads of changes to the theme which frightens me.
Support is slow too taking about 20 hours for a response for me on a question.
Finally and most importantly it is ridiculously priced. I have to pay $40 / month for this app. No idea how they can justify the price as I don't see where the ongoing cost is to justify the exorbitant prices. I have great apps like Yo for $6 and Also Brought for $5 and Live Search for $4 all great useful apps. How this app can cost $40 is beyond me.
Luckily alternatives are appearing which will normalise this quickly I'd say.

July 15, 2019

Stitchsoup 2

Good app in theory, but glitchy and not worth the money - $15.99 is FAR too expensive, particularly for something I will use only a few times a year. Some super-frustrating glitches include: I have to delete the gift product and recreate and re-upload them because after the offer ends, the products become mysteriously "unavailable" and not even Shopify could repair it. Also you have to rely on customer honesty - I set it to give a free gift for purchases over $16, which it did, but if someone had only $4 in their cart, and added the free gift product (which was full price $15), then they got it for free instead of paying full price even though their cart did not total $16. Aww, so very tired of sloppy apps :-(