Fuel: Print on Demand

Fuel: Print on Demand

by Fuel POD

The POD App for Power Sellers. Lowest Prices Guaranteed.

Ramble Provisions

So far I like their products a lot. I had some issues with the quality of the heat press transfer and they said they would send out replacements. Right now though the shipping time is extremely delayed. Currently I have 2 orders in placed May 11th and they are still unfulfilled and it's May 29th (13 business days). So be aware of that. I'm hoping things turn around though.

District Fire Company

Pros: Excellent for the price. Cheapest American Apparel POD I have found. Shipping and processing are quick despite COVID. Very happy with the print quality.
Cons: App can be glitchy. The art placement is automatically centered which is great the 99% of times you need that, but there is not way to override it when things need to be placed in a speciffic spot. Customer service can range from right away (often) to waiting for hours (not as often, but I have waited hours during their customer service hours).
Overall, I say the company is worth working with. They are new and will probably get better with time. I just hope they can keep up their quick speed and quality prints as more people switch to them.

brucedane.com

In all honesty, I almost went with Fuel as my main print on demand supplier. After comparing samples from various providers, they were the 3rd best in terms of print quality (as determined by comparing sharpness, color vibrance, color accuracy and print alignment). Printful and Monster Digital (on Printify) were better, but Fuel was good for the price.

For my store, the #1 priority was print quality, therefor I chose not to go with them. If your first priority is price however, I would recommend them.

Shipping and fulfillment times were difficult to judge because of Covid-19.

Another thing to note for Canadian sellers: tracking stops once the packages cross the border into Canada.

3535 Designs

I normally don't give negative reviews, because I choose to go directly to the company with any issues. But I felt the need to share to let others know before using this company. Recently I starting using this app. I ordered a couple of sample shirts and I was pleased with the product and speed of production and delivery. After a devastating tornadoes hit my community on March 3rd, 2020, my company designed a shirt to sell with 100% of profits for the tornado relief. I decided to use them to print a bulk order for me and reached out to them explaining the situation and request a faster shipping method. They were very kind and obliging to me. So I was very pleased with the interaction and very thankful for their willingness to work with me.
Well, when I received my bulk order, I immediately noticed 2 shirts with a dark discoloration on them. I emailed them explaining the situation and got an immediate response with an offer to replace the shirts. A few hours later I emailed them explaining I had 8-10 more shirts with the same problem. That's at least 12 of the shirts of a bulk of 72 shirts that had dark discolored spots in various places. I received no response. It's been 3 days ago since I sent email and have still not received a reply. I had to find a local screen printer to replace the shirts costing more money. Plus I had to email all my online customers to check their shirts and offer a replacement if they noticed any problems. I regret using the Fuel app and have hurt my business because of it. I'm still waiting to hear from them about the 12 shirts that have spots on them....

Update - The company has now responded and is refunding money for the defective shirts along with some additional money for my trouble. I appreciate that they have been stand up enough to stand behind their product.

Motiv X

I really like Fuel, If only they had more branding options like custom neck labels and removable tag option at the minimum, like Printify or Printful. One thing I liked about Scalable Press is the wide range of Shirt options, this app is really missing that. The Placement print on the garment could be a lot smoother. the online part of Scalable Press lets you choose which specific area, like top left corner or top right corner. If they can really focus on these problems, I believe they can better than Printful. Quality is already there.