GDPR/CCPA + Cookie Management

GDPR/CCPA + Cookie Management

by iSenseLabs

GDPR & CCPA Bar with Consent Tracking and Reports!

QUADRO Deutschland

This is the only app that we could find which actually comes close to being GDPR compliant. But we shouldn't even have to resort to searching for apps to provide a feature that is a legal requirement of any shop operating in or selling to the EU. It should be a part of Shopify's core feature set, not an extra app. This app developer is capitalizing on this. If you agree, add your voice to the community discussion here: https://bit.ly/31bNfJ3 The payment tiers for this app are unrealistic. The free plan is limited to 10k page views per month. We easily surpassed that in 3 days and we are a small online shop. The Standard tier is 10k-30k page visits/mo. I can't imagine there are many shops that fall into that narrow bracket. So we had to go with Pro which supports over 30k views per month. It's unfortunate that we have to pay $9 a month for something every business owner hates, and most Internet users don't care about.

October 15, 2020

Hello there and thanks for the honest review.
We appreciate your input and thank you for the fact that you noticed our efforts in making our app actually GDPR compliant. We'll soon release some more features that are required by the law but not yet mandatory. We follow all changes closely which makes this app the best.
Regarding your point for this being a core functionality, we agree with you and we will check the uplisted topic in the forum.
Regarding the plans, this was the only way for us to handle all of the requests that we received on each page load that the app shows on. We followed the data for months before making the limits and we believe that these prices fit the best the usage that we see. We can do another evaluation in order to see if the same can be changed based on the new data, however the server support for an app of this rank can not be done on free servers, hence the need for the plans. We also spent a lot of time working to have the most features and be the most compliant in the market which also takes a lot of recourses. I hope this makes sense.
If you have any additional comments or concerns, we will be happy to address them. :)

tof-el

English: I didn t find that app meeting the German laws. So for me its BS.
After all, the team is active, so I ad some stars to the review as the app wasn t tested further by me.
GERMAN:
Die Installation geht tatsächlich recht einfach. Wenn man denn in einem englischsprachigen Lang seine Seite betreibt und Englisch als Hinweistext ausreicht. Als Deutscher in Deutschland mit dem deutschen Abmahnwesen ist die App aber entweder viel zu kompliziert und ich versteh nicht, warum die Einstellung auf deutsche Sprache nicht auch einen deutschen Hinweistext produziert oder die App kann kein deutsch und ist somit wertlos. Genug eit damit verschissen und gelöscht!!

May 22, 2020

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out and thanks for sharing your feedback.

Actually there is a way for you to translate the app. You can translate almost everything in the app. It consists of four elements:

1) Cookie consent bar
2) GDPR compliance page
3) GDPR notification/confirmation emails
4) GDPR request pages

You can translate 1) and 2) from the Shopify admin panel. The cookie bar can be translated from the app itself by editing the text fields in the Cookie Consent Bar tab. The compliance page can be edited from Online Store -> Pages -> page GDPR Compliance.

The GDPR request pages (4) and the emails (3) are already translated in English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Finnish, Bulgarian, Romanian, and Slovenian. If you want them translated in a different language, contact us to we can work together and add your translation.

For (3) and (4), you can change the language from General Settings -> Set Custom Language For The GDPR Requests Emails And Pages.

The only thing that cannot be translated at the moment is the admin panel of the app, however, we are working towards this.

If you have any additional questions or if you need help on translating the app please let us know, we will be happy to help you out.

We look forward to your input.

BHappyBrand

The app is great and the support is prompt and always very helpful.
The only issue is that sometimes the app is inaccessible. I don't know if it happens often or not and the way it affects the consent bar functionning on the website

April 28, 2020

Hello there and thanks for the review. The issue you are referring to should be fixed already. We will be happy if you test this on your side and let us know if you see a difference.

Aqua Lung

First, for GDPR compliance, this is one of just a few apps that actually are compliant and it couldn't be easier to install and activate. If that's all you need it for, 5 stars.

However, for CCPA, while it looks like the name of the app in the app store has been updated to include CCPA, the actual content and settings within the app still only reference GDPR. Ex: the title of the page is still "GDPR Compliance", and the links still only say "GDPR requests", etc. Nothing references CCPA for those users looking for that info. My recommendation: in addition to the GDPR copy and links, there should be CCPA specific copy and links. Without these, if I were a consumer looking for CCPA compliance information and only found GDPR info, I wouldn't feel reassured the site was CCPA compliant. While it's possible the GDPR links cover all the CCPA needs, with only GDPR named in the link, I wouldn't feel confident CCPA is covered. With these updates, I wouldn't hesitate to give it 5 stars.

February 4, 2020

Hello there! Thank you for your valuable feedback! On your comments: the GDPR page serves as a CCPA page too, however, since the app started as a GDPR one first, we have not changed the page yet. What you can do right now, is simply to open the page and change GDPR to CCPA wherever you find it.

Still, I will talk with the devs that when the app is installed, the merchants to have two different pages - a GDPR one and a CCPA one. Will this cover your needs?

Online-Vetshop, die Verm-X Spezialisten

Die App erfüllt offenbar alles, was erforderlich ist und rechtlich gefordert wird - klasse! Eine Anpassung der Schriftgröße wäre allerdings wünschenswert.

January 21, 2020

Hello there! Thank you for your review :). On your feedback: the font size can actually be adjusted as per your requirements. Just contact our support team and we will show you how you can do it.

YeazzleStore

Hello the team GDPR
Thank you a lot for this i try to activate it
Thank you in advance for your job.

December 9, 2019

Happy to be of help! Enjoy using our app :) Let us know if you have any issues with it, we will be happy to help you, so we can deserve 5 stars from you ☺️

Jubilant Jewellery

The app was installed very easily. Only thing that I had an issue with was seeing the bar appear on my website. This was easily fixed by the support team who instructed me to view my page "incognito".

August 24, 2019

There was a misunderstanding regarding the 'incognito' case. We discussed this with the merchant and now everything is clear with them :)