Gelato: Print on Demand

Gelato: Print on Demand

by Gelato

Dropshipping from centers in 32 countries - 72 hrs delivery

The Mug Mine

Very impressed so far. We have integrated Gelato with our Shopify store and the process was straight forward. Uploading products is very easy and quick. We've worked with all the well known print on demand providers including Printful, Printify, Inkthreadable etc. and they all have their strengths. However we really like everything we've read and researched regarding Gelato and are confident of their capabilities. We have also tried some sample products, which we were very pleased with.

May 11, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Gelato as your print on demand partner!

We are constantly launching new products (tote bags just came in) and new local production markets (Greece and Malaysia were just added to our network) to support you and your business with a solution that is faster, smarter, and greener.

Let us know if you have any additional feedback. Looking forward to supporting your business!

Best,

Londong4

very good app they help me a lot .help me to fix any promplems i find , is exactly what I need, and I am happy with them

May 7, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Gelato to support your business.

Should you have any additional feedback or need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us again - our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help.

Best,

broadwayisalive

BroadwayisAlive.com is a charitable venture partnered by Gelato, BroadwayCares/Equity Fights Aids, and myself. The proceeds will directly benefit those in need in the theatre community devastated by the pandemic. Gelato has proven their ability of maintaining high quality printing, great paper stock, and fast, local, sustainable delivery in their reproductions of my poster art. I couldn't be more satisfied with Gelato's commitment of maintaining worldwide POD quality excellence. - Frank "Fraver" Verlizzo

Hi Frank,

It is amazing to be able to partner with you - one of the world’s most famous designers and then on top of that be able to support artists and actors on Broadway.

We look forward to empowering people across our planet to access and enjoy your art and creativity.

The Inn Market NZ

Kia ora from New Zealand,
we use Gelato since we started doing e-commerce and we couldn't be happier. Great communication and our ideas were put into action. Great products and fast turn around time. Thank you guys, you helped us to make money.

Hi,

Thank you for this great feedback.

It is an honor for us to be able to support the local Maori community and empower you to share your creativity all over the world.

Good luck going forward and as always reach out if there is anything we can do.

Tui Design

I work with Gelato for 8 month now, and I am super happy. It's not that everything works all the time, sometimes software plays up, but it is the best customer service ever IF there is a problem. My customers are especially happy with the canvas and cups.

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

It is very energizing to read your review!

We appreciate the feedback about our customer service team - we will forward this to our agents.

If you have any questions or feedback, we are always here to support and guide you when needed.

River Road Print Shop

If you’re new to POD, as I am, Gelato has a lot of seemingly great features. I was especially excited about the option for customers to utilize the personalization feature. I like their approach to sustainability and supporting local printers. After several months of trying to work through issues with their customer service team, I am giving up on trying to make this relationship work. Here’s a few problems I have had: Upload/Product creation can be glitchy. Sometimes you have to start from the beginning when the system stalls or crashes. Frame quality is super low. The frames used by the printer I was matched with are horrible and look nothing like the frames shown as examples on gelato’s site. There is barely a single coat of white paint, which is chipping. The joints are barely attached, and the wood grain is rough and totally visible. When I received one frame as a sample of this poor quality, I reached out to customer service. They refunded me and told me this was never the quality of work that I should expect. I went ahead and ordered more samples - and got the exact same low-quality frames again. My plan was to rephotograph some of the frames and keep going with gelato in spite of these two issues. I thought about eliminating frames as an option. As of February 2021, however, they changed how product variants sync to Shopify, with no notice or explanation. When I contacted customer service, they told me that I would need to go into each and every product after uploading and update all the variants myself. They gave me no explanation or recourse or assistance. Sent off instead to a general customer service email that simply sends links/articles from their FAQ instead of addressing the actual issue that I had detailed 3 times by this point. I was frustrated and found a new POD app/printer. I was never given a solution and have had to put a halt to building out my inventory, instead spent the time re-uploading my entire inventory with a new supplier. They have wasted my time and my money. If you are a larger company with your own team to address issues with the API and build out your own system, perhaps Gelato can work for you. If you are a small company or individual, especially creating a store on Shopify, they don’t seem to care too much about your business, and the constant changes to their API will throw a massive wrench in creating and maintaining an evolving inventory.

May 1, 2021

Hi,

First and foremost it is very sad to read this. We are very sorry that you have experienced these problems.

Nevertheless, we would like to provide some information.

We launched frames last year. We now support 250 variants of frames and hangers across 32 countries - not an excuse just an explanation. We have during this time learned a lot about global fulfilment of frames. Since you placed your orders back in February we have already now upgraded our frames stock in the US and secured much better quality.

Your feedback on shopify integration is noted and we did have a technical glitch. This specific issue was resolved the same day it was identified but of course we respect that it caused unnecessary manual work for you and for that we apologise.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for helping us to improve.

Best Regards,
Pradeep
SVP Customer Success, Gelato

Imageniedesign

I don't write many reviews but I wanted to tell this store it's great! I ordered samples from here and they are very well package with fast delivery, the print colours is amazing, I was so pleased and the quality of the products it's much better than in other POD platforms, well done!

April 23, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for this great feedback.

We are energized to read your thoughts and user experience with Gelato. Look forward to supporting your business in the future.

If you would like to get some additional support for example with product expansions into new categories please let me know. We are here to support and listen.

NEXX TRENDS

Not long after I posted my previous review one of their team members contacted me with some clarity and possible other options on their website that I might find interesting, which was super helpful.. he was also very understanding of my concerns and business model. Good job gelato, good job.

April 22, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and for being open to re-evaluating the rating.

I am really glad you found our phone conversation useful. Should you need any further support or guidance, don't hesitate to reach out to us again - we'll be happy to help!

in construction

Great printing network, prices and catalogue! Its why I chose Gelato.
Then I was having some issues with the integration (basically I could not integrate my shopify store!) I let them know and the product manager called me on the phone to apologize and they fixed my problem right away. Perfect!!! couldnt ask more! They also told me they wanted to make it up to me so they gave me wallet euros. I had a reactive, but mostly an EFFICIENT answer wich is the most important thing because they solved my problem in a blink. Dont hesitate to ask them everything you need and to point it out if you have an issue, they are constantly making improvements.

April 15, 2021

Thank you for the kind words and for helping us to become better. It is thanks to customers such as yourself we are able to improve. It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone and I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue quickly.

Please continue to send me and the team feedback and we will continue to improve the service for everyone.

Wish you the best of luck with your business and venture.
Let us know if there is anything else we can help with to make your store a success.

All the best
Styrbjörn
Product Manager

wanderkluft

So I tried Gelato for apparel and had some issues at first but in the end the support was very helpful. Pradeep from the support team did his very very best to help me with all of my issues. If each supplier had such a good support life would be much easier.
Thanks a lot! Original review
Hey guys, I want to share the trouble I had with gelato. My main problem with gelato is their promise " Sell globally, produce locally". Unfortunately this promise is far from the reality. My orders took serveral weeks to be fulfilled so asked them why my prints are produced in th U.S. altough I am situated in Germany where you have printers?
Gelato: "Sometimes, we may route an order to a different producer and ship the product internationally, rather than to the location closest to your customer." So I asked if they know that this would result in unnecesarry expenses and I and my costumers have to pay high costum fees?
Gelato: "We recommend adding a disclaimer on your store informing your customer that customs fees might be due depending on where the order is shipped from." In the end Gelato costed me money and nerves. Apparently all the worst case scenarios they describe in their help center usually happen. So if you want reliable shipping times and reliable costs for your costumer I would NOT recommend to order at Gelato. Hope this helps.

April 15, 2021

Hi,

First of all, I appreciate the discussion we had on the phone yesterday about your order. We have listened and are acting - you will very soon have the order delivered that was fulfilled locally in Germany - and I will keep in close contact with you as this is resolved.

We launched apparel around 8 months ago and are working to expand our clothing portfolio, as well as the number of partners in our network that are fulfilling apparel orders. Since the start of 2021, we’ve added 7 new apparel partners in addition to those that we already had live.

During 2021, you will continue to see rapid development of both our software and product offering, including more local fulfilment of apparel orders.

Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to continuing to work closely with you, both on this order and hopefully as your fulfillment partner as you continue to grow and scale your business.

Pradeep