Gelato: Print on Demand

Gelato: Print on Demand

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.5)
Developer
Gelato
4.5
October 22, 2022

They are using deceptive marketing tactics. I built an entire site around their claim that their totes are delivered in 3 days. After building everything out I placed and order myself and the delivery date was over 2 weeks out because rather than use a US print house (I live in CA) they printed it over sees somewhere. Would not recommend them. They are not transparent and lie.

The Best Totes
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Gelato replied October 25, 2022

Hi,

Firstly, we are very sorry that you’ve experienced this situation - it is very far from the standard that we are aiming for in local production, and not the norm. We would also like to thank you for the feedback as it helps us grow and improve. We have now shared a detailed account of why this occurred, and are conducting an investigation to ensure we can minimise the chance of this ever happening again, which we will keep you updated on.

Should you have any questions or wish to discuss further please don't hesitate to give us a call or pop us a message - we would love the chance to discuss this with you to ensure you are fully satisfied with the solution. Once again, we really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback here.

Edited November 3, 2022

Updated on Nov 3 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- You have raised prices without warning! How can I rely on you? The Mens t-shirt shipped to the US was $9.33. Now that same color / size is $9.79! This is a 5% raise in less than a month with you! I've seen people warning about this. You can't simply raise your prices without at least a few weeks of notice. I was planning on paying a yearly plan. Not I know I can't trust you. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gelato has an incredible variety of POD items at competitive prices. I'm using Gelato + and I expect to keep doing business with you for a long time. PLEASE don't raise your prices. Inflation is already eating all of our margins.

Art-O-Rama Shop
Spain
Time spent using app: 2 months
Gelato replied October 25, 2022

Hi Art-O-Rama, thank you for the review and the feedback. We look forward to partnering with you and supporting the growth of your business. Our team is here to help 24/7. Kind regards, Kyle

May 26, 2022

Endless problems with print quality and damaged prints. I used gelato for hundreds of photo, aluminium, and acrylic prints. I'm having to move my services to other providers after endless problems with items arriving damaged in post, and poor print quality.
"Museum Quality" prints are often scuffed and scratched. They do not appear to be high quality. Packaging is typically in a corrugated cardboard envelope that bends easily and damages the print. Gelato will offer reprints on damaged items for free, but often these reprints arrive with the same problems.
Wooden frames are extremely cheap, wood colour does not match that on the website.
"Aluminium Dibond" prints in New Zealand and Australia are not printed on 3mm dibond as advertised, but directly onto 1mm aluminium sheet. Again this often arrives bent. Packaging often has no corner protection. Occasionally the mounting bracket is attached upside down.
The app is intuitive and responsive. Customer service is excellent. But these don't help if the end products have such quality control issues.

charlesbrooksphotography
New Zealand
Time spent using app: 7 months
Gelato replied May 28, 2022

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your review and for your feedback.

We’re sorry to hear that there has been repeat damage to your orders. We report every error internally to ensure our team can identify and action any areas of need as soon as possible.

We really appreciate the trust put in us, and have reached out to you directly, as we would love the opportunity to chat about your situation in more depth, and find a solution for you and your customers.

Our support team will continue to be here 24/7 to help via email or live chat should you need anything.

April 7, 2022

I highly discourage anyone who wants to create personalized products with gelato. Gelato+ still has far too many bugs to fix. I had to recreate a design 3 times because there were always technical problems. I'm just waiting for a response from Gelato's IT team because my theme just won't load and neither I nor support can explain it.

PerfektDays
Germany
Time spent using app: 2 months
Gelato replied April 7, 2022

Hi,

Firstly, we are very sorry that you’ve experienced technical issues while creating your product. At the same time, we really appreciate your feedback as that helps us to improve the experience for you and all our customers.

The issue you experienced is now fixed.

I have reached out to you directly with detailed information including my email and phone number - would love the chance to discuss in person to ensure you are fully satisfied with the solution. Once again, we really appreciate you taking time to provide us with your feedback here.

October 27, 2021

Gelato can be good, but it can also be very bad. I was having a great experience for the first week, then Gelato started cancelling orders without notice (Customer pays, Gelato prints, Gelato Cancels without reason). Shipping time takes about 14 days for most of our orders, unwarranted cancellations have spontaneously shown up, and the live chat support has been useless as well. I do not recommend this app, use printful or a more reputable company.

Hop Lexington
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Gelato replied October 30, 2021

Hi,

Firstly, we are very sorry that you have experienced this problem. Thank you for your time on the phone to provide more details - we appreciate the feedback very much as it helps us to build a better service for you and all our customers. As we discussed, few of your recent orders are re-routed to a different production partner and we expect the order to be delivered soon. We will track and followup until the order is delivered.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and  for helping us to improve.

Regards,