Gelato: Print on Demand

Gelato: Print on Demand

by Gelato

Dropshipping from centers in 32 countries - 72 hrs delivery

acrylwall.art

dont take this shit APP from Gelato, this company is criminal... i made a shop with acrylwallpaper... i bought a test picture..and the acrylic paint was full from errors... and the quality was shit.. 2 days läter they send me the same picture again..with the same shit...... and the criminal is too, the high shipping coost.. i hope all company members will get covid 19

JaneseApparel

Gelato is running an illegal scam business. They are illegally charging 9% VAT on my orders that are being shipped to US addresses from US fulfillment center. I will be filing an official complaint of theirs. Even after repeatedly notifying support on this issue, this still hasn't been fixed. In the name of tax, they are profiting. Additionally I have been charged 4x shipping they are advertising. For instance, they show 6$ shipping on framed posters, but charging 24$ for shipping. Fake stock availability - For framed posters, they show all frames are in stock. Once I placed the order, they cancelled my order after 4 days saying it's out of stock. Enough of taking your customers for granted. These businesses have no idea how much pain they cause to their customers by providing substandard services. I have invested so much in advertising the product and it took them a second to cancel my order. Order #G-210520214654

May 26, 2021

This review has been reported to Shopify as being fraudulent. The same review was also submitted on Trustpilot and they have now removed it after their investigation. We are awaiting Shopify to take action and their response below:

“We take claims regarding fake and inappropriate reviews very seriously as they undermine the integrity of Shopify’s App Store. Any reviews that are reported to be abusive or a conflict of interest are investigated and actioned as appropriate. I've made note of your experience and our teams will be looking further into what happened. If the review is legitimate it will remain on the app store, and if the review is fraudulent we'll be sure to action as appropriate.”

River Road Print Shop

If you’re new to POD, as I am, Gelato has a lot of seemingly great features. I was especially excited about the option for customers to utilize the personalization feature. I like their approach to sustainability and supporting local printers. After several months of trying to work through issues with their customer service team, I am giving up on trying to make this relationship work. Here’s a few problems I have had: Upload/Product creation can be glitchy. Sometimes you have to start from the beginning when the system stalls or crashes. Frame quality is super low. The frames used by the printer I was matched with are horrible and look nothing like the frames shown as examples on gelato’s site. There is barely a single coat of white paint, which is chipping. The joints are barely attached, and the wood grain is rough and totally visible. When I received one frame as a sample of this poor quality, I reached out to customer service. They refunded me and told me this was never the quality of work that I should expect. I went ahead and ordered more samples - and got the exact same low-quality frames again. My plan was to rephotograph some of the frames and keep going with gelato in spite of these two issues. I thought about eliminating frames as an option. As of February 2021, however, they changed how product variants sync to Shopify, with no notice or explanation. When I contacted customer service, they told me that I would need to go into each and every product after uploading and update all the variants myself. They gave me no explanation or recourse or assistance. Sent off instead to a general customer service email that simply sends links/articles from their FAQ instead of addressing the actual issue that I had detailed 3 times by this point. I was frustrated and found a new POD app/printer. I was never given a solution and have had to put a halt to building out my inventory, instead spent the time re-uploading my entire inventory with a new supplier. They have wasted my time and my money. If you are a larger company with your own team to address issues with the API and build out your own system, perhaps Gelato can work for you. If you are a small company or individual, especially creating a store on Shopify, they don’t seem to care too much about your business, and the constant changes to their API will throw a massive wrench in creating and maintaining an evolving inventory.

May 1, 2021

Hi,

First and foremost it is very sad to read this. We are very sorry that you have experienced these problems.

Nevertheless, we would like to provide some information.

We launched frames last year. We now support 250 variants of frames and hangers across 32 countries - not an excuse just an explanation. We have during this time learned a lot about global fulfilment of frames. Since you placed your orders back in February we have already now upgraded our frames stock in the US and secured much better quality.

Your feedback on shopify integration is noted and we did have a technical glitch. This specific issue was resolved the same day it was identified but of course we respect that it caused unnecessary manual work for you and for that we apologise.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for helping us to improve.

Best Regards,
Pradeep
SVP Customer Success, Gelato

Kohd

If you're an Australian based business seriously reconsider. All of our orders placed up untill this point have been printed overseas resulting in a 3 week wait before arrival. Customer service is prompt but rarely can they solve a technical problem without deferring to their development team leaving you waiting days for a resolution. Beware of the free samples. If you want a true indication of product quality ensure you order outside of the free sample offer. Orders placed in this period must certainly go to their premium suppliers as the quality of the prints produced for free are remarkably different to what we now receive. It's a real shame, they have a great solution. But if you care about consistency and quality look for another solution.

January 27, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your review and your guidance. I have reached out twice to you but not been able to connect so I respond here instead.

We understand your frustration and would like to provide some information - not as an excuse but to serve as context and how we plan to use your feedback to become better.

We have fulfilled more than 10 million orders across the planet in the last 12 years, and our order routing is fully automated. It does not differentiate between sample orders and real orders. Specifically, your two recent orders to Australia were fulfilled in New Zealand because our local partner in Australia (who fulfilled your orders last year) does not support large format posters anymore for Gelato. The average shipping time from New Zealand to Australia is 3-6 days and comparable to local shipping in Australia (hence we use that option), but two of your recent orders have been impacted by generally slower delivery times we are seeing with Australia post amidst COVID. We hope the situation improves soon! It is also in our plan to add a local partner in Australia to large format posters - thank you for your push here to accelerate that expansion work.

On quality, we have investigated the issue you reported with one of your orders to put corrective actions in place. There is simply no excuses for this other than we take each and every quality issue seriously to reduce our error rate.

We have reached out to you separately to discuss and support you on all of this in more detail. We will work until we have found a solution to each specific issue you have raised.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for helping us to improve.

Best regards,
Pradeep

Pradeep Sankaran
Head of Customer Success
Gelato

TheCozyApparel2

AVOID THEM AT ANY COST! Gelato is a big time scammer and they have no control over their printing partners. All they do is COVID COVID COVID. They are advertising fake Dec 10 deadlines for Christmas orders and now the orders placed on Dec 3 shows estimated delivery of 29th (this is fake too and keeps on extending). They will take your money and forget about orders. 11 days and they couldn't even ship a print. And don't even try to reach out to me again. I am done with you SCAMMERS! You guys have ruined my business and they will ruin yours.

December 16, 2020

Hi,

We are sorry to read this type of review. We try to always be genuine and honest in our communication. It is extremely rare to get this type of review, but we of course will try to relate to your feelings about your experience with Gelato in a professional way.

You are obviously very frustrated about the impact of COVID-19 and so are we. We are not only frustrated, but we are deeply concerned since some of our team members and employees at our partners are impacted personally by the disease. Our priority has and will continue to be the health and safety of all team members and partners working with Gelato orders.

Some of the impact of this pandemic- apart from the well being of the community- is felt with fewer staff members at our print partners, a boom in global eCommerce, and general delays at most major logistics providers. We always seek to improve our operations and our communication with customers about their order status, but unfortunately we cannot influence these global factors impacting production and transportation.

We have identified 2 orders in your account that are delayed. We have reached out to you separately via email with an update about these 2 orders including all actions underway for the delivery of these orders.

Best Regards,

Achille Mileto
Head of Customer Advocacy
Gelato

elymbmx

I cant see their full products listing. I am sorry. I am deleting this app :( one of worst apps.....

December 4, 2020

Hi
Great to the point, transparent feedback. This feature will be launched very early 2021! Thank you for the feedback - we always love customer input!

All the best,