Gelato: Print on Demand

Gelato: Print on Demand

by Gelato

Dropshipping from centers in 32 countries - 72 hrs delivery

Imageniedesign

I don't write many reviews but I wanted to tell this store it's great! I ordered samples from here and they are very well package with fast delivery, the print colours is amazing, I was so pleased and the quality of the products it's much better than in other POD platforms, well done!

April 23, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for this great feedback.

We are energized to read your thoughts and user experience with Gelato. Look forward to supporting your business in the future.

If you would like to get some additional support for example with product expansions into new categories please let me know. We are here to support and listen.

NEXX TRENDS

Not long after I posted my previous review one of their team members contacted me with some clarity and possible other options on their website that I might find interesting, which was super helpful.. he was also very understanding of my concerns and business model. Good job gelato, good job.

April 22, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and for being open to re-evaluating the rating.

I am really glad you found our phone conversation useful. Should you need any further support or guidance, don't hesitate to reach out to us again - we'll be happy to help!

wanderkluft

So I tried Gelato for apparel and had some issues at first but in the end the support was very helpful. Pradeep from the support team did his very very best to help me with all of my issues. If each supplier had such a good support life would be much easier.
Thanks a lot! Original review
Hey guys, I want to share the trouble I had with gelato. My main problem with gelato is their promise " Sell globally, produce locally". Unfortunately this promise is far from the reality. My orders took serveral weeks to be fulfilled so asked them why my prints are produced in th U.S. altough I am situated in Germany where you have printers?
Gelato: "Sometimes, we may route an order to a different producer and ship the product internationally, rather than to the location closest to your customer." So I asked if they know that this would result in unnecesarry expenses and I and my costumers have to pay high costum fees?
Gelato: "We recommend adding a disclaimer on your store informing your customer that customs fees might be due depending on where the order is shipped from." In the end Gelato costed me money and nerves. Apparently all the worst case scenarios they describe in their help center usually happen. So if you want reliable shipping times and reliable costs for your costumer I would NOT recommend to order at Gelato. Hope this helps.

April 15, 2021

Hi,

First of all, I appreciate the discussion we had on the phone yesterday about your order. We have listened and are acting - you will very soon have the order delivered that was fulfilled locally in Germany - and I will keep in close contact with you as this is resolved.

We launched apparel around 8 months ago and are working to expand our clothing portfolio, as well as the number of partners in our network that are fulfilling apparel orders. Since the start of 2021, we’ve added 7 new apparel partners in addition to those that we already had live.

During 2021, you will continue to see rapid development of both our software and product offering, including more local fulfilment of apparel orders.

Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to continuing to work closely with you, both on this order and hopefully as your fulfillment partner as you continue to grow and scale your business.

Pradeep
SVP Customer Success, Gelato

JohnDyerGallery

Just getting started with Gelato - they called me today to offer extensive support which is wonderful so we can get our colour profiles correct. We are trialling a few of their products and have high hopes of building a wonderful business with them. We will update our review over time with how we get on, but we have made a start and their local delivery and integration with Shopify is a great benefit and much better than the competition as they produce and ship locally in so many countries. A UK customer will expect a product to ship from the UK, whilst a EU or USA customer will also expect local delivery (avoiding tax and delays) and Gelato offer this. We are excited by the potential here.

March 12, 2021

Hi,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide your detailed feedback. You have already provided fantastic insights to the team.

It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone today and learning about your plans to deliver a much better apparel experience for your customers.

Cross-continent shipments are unfortunately too common in the print-on-demand apparel industry. At Gelato, we always want to avoid this but sometimes the specific item is sold out and then we send it from other countries. The good news is that in March and April 2021 we are adding 7 new partners for apparel in the EU, North America, and South America. This will significantly reduce the risk for cross-border shipments.

It is customers like you that allow us to improve and become a better partner for our customers.

Thanks!

Nelly & bros

Update 25/02/21 : so here i am updating my review again.one of there members have sorted me and very helpful advice. to be honest i may be wrong or too quick to leave them a review like the one i have left. hope fully things will move forward and i will keep update as i go.. so far very helpful thanks 24/02/21
Dont evan try this app.i have tried them for a sample order as i was not sure what they are like. i placed my order 09/02/21 but i am still waiting. they have updated the production and shipped on one day but tracking number was not giving me nothing for weeks.still i am waiting my order. today is 24th of 02 21 . so there you are

February 26, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for reconsidering and updating the review.

We are in March 2021 adding 7 new partners for apparel in the EU, North America and South America. Sometimes we are forced to ship from other countries due to our partners running out of certain items.

Although cross-continent shipments are very common in the POD apparel industry, it is something that we at Gelato always want to avoid. Centralized production leads to long delivery times, expensive delivery and unnecessary pollution.

With many more apparel partners, we will now reduce the risk of cross-continental deliveries significantly. The risk of having to ship from other countries, even continents, still exists but it will now be significantly reduced.

For your specific order unfortunately this cross-continent delivery happened. The reason was that we ran out of stock in the UK and we, therefore, routed the production to one of our facilities in the US. We are sorry that this caused frustration from your side but now you know that we are working hard to secure that this risk is significantly reduced as more and more partners are joining our network.

Thank you again for being open to re-evaluating the rating. We will now work hard in order to prove to you that we deserved it.

Wildspread Miracles

I ordered 7 products and was charged for 15. I contacted customer service twice in the last two weeks and was told that it’s been escalated. UPDATE February 22nd: Gelato has gone over and beyond to help resolve this issue and has assured me that this was a one-time glitch in their system.

February 21, 2021

Hi

First of all, this is of course not how any customer should experience Gelato.

The technical issues you experienced are due to a routing mistake. Even though this is taking time for us to resolve, we recognize that we should have refunded any additional charges the same day you reported the issue. We have now improved our customer service process based on your feedback.

Additional charges applied for your order are now refunded.

We have also reached out to you separately to assist further to turn around your experience.

Once again, we are truly sorry for this experience and I promise that we will do everything we can to rectify the situation.

Regards,
Pradeep
Head of Customer Success

Little Bean Box

I did initially have some issues with Gelato orders, however Achille took the time to reach out and personally correct the problem and make sure that everything was resolved. Thanks Achille.

February 2, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for reconsidering and updating the review.

We truly appreciate the feedback you gave us to help us improve, and we are glad that everything is now resolved.

Should you have any additional feedback you can always reach out to me personally.

Looking forward to supporting your business and growing together.

VisualArtCreative

I had a lot of conversation with Gelato about a few issues, one of which was never resolved. Pros:
-Quality prints (sample test);
-Very fast service in the USA and a satisfied customer (one sale only with Gelato);
-Good communication (chat help line);
-Integration with Shopify works well. Cons:
-Prices are constantly changing;
-A price bug (big increase) which was fixed a few days later (after multiple communications);
-Problem of shipping to Canada - more than a month for delivery with Purolator - it's important to me, I am Canadian;
- Inability to integrate with Amazon. In summary, I am satisfied, but since I have Canadian and American customers, the delivery time to Canada worries me. Because of this issue, I am looking for a POD that can deliver to Canada faster. Then as I will start to sell on Amazon, the fact that it does not allow integration at the moment, is not positive.

January 18, 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your review and investing time in organizing this feedback.

We recognize your frustrations and would like to bring some context and explanation - more for the future and your trust in Gelato going forward than trying to excuse ourselves for the past events.

Q4 2020 was the most difficult quarter in our history. Due to COVID-19 our supply chains were fragile and demand on delivery services and raw material led to significant price increase. We were generally helped by local production and delivered with good precision but at surcharges from all delivery suppliers. We adjusted some of our prices based upon that. Our ambition, as we move towards a more normal world, is to continue, as we always have, to provide our customers with the most competitive offer in the market.

In Canada specifically, we experienced all the challenges above and more. Weather made on-time delivery really hard. Production partners could not cope so we had to ship from the US (we are fixing this now and activating this week full production yet again in Canada. You helped us with your feedback to push for this internally in Gelato - thank you :-) )

On Amazon specifically, we actually do integrate thanks to our partnership with OrderDesk. Now, the core of your criticism is that we do not then effectively inform you and customers about that. We have worked to fix that and updated our pages on Friday, January 15th.

We have reached out to you separately to discuss and support on all of this in more detail. We will work until we have found a solution to each specific issue you have raised.

Once again, thanks for helping us become a better company!

Gelato

Chester Leo: The Puppy Dog!

I placed three test orders on Monday, September 30th. Two canvas and one framed print. The company gave me three free orders up to a certain dollar amount, so I thought I'd try it. The items arrived on Saturday - lightning fast. I'll admit that I was skeptical since their canvas prints are considerably cheaper than my current supplier. But the print and durability are easily tied for the best canvas I've ever seen. I didn't give the app 5 stars because the framed print wasn't the best. The plexiglass was dirty, and it didn't seem durable like the canvas prints. Still, I'm extremely happy with my orders.

October 6, 2020

Hi,

Thank you so much for trying out our service and for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We are glad you are overall satisfied with your first orders but we would like to ensure we can do anything we can to improve further and give you a 5-star experience. If something is not perfect with your order, we are always very eager to know what that was to report it internally and improve in the future.

It would be great to know more about the framed print you received and what exactly was not up to your expectations.

Looking forward to supporting your business in the future!

Thanks!