GemPages Page Builder & Funnel

GemPages Page Builder & Funnel

by GemPages

Home page, product page, collection page, sales pages & FAQs

Aesthetics Accreditation International

Having a really hard time with page load speeds. I have done everything possible with reducing image files sizes and having both mobile and desktop versions. Removed all JS and other apps. But this I cannot get any of these gem pages to speed up. It takes longer to load than my native theme. This is so embarrassing, I feel sorry for my customers and not getting any help from support. Looks like I will be removing this app.

Scalpa Shop

I have been using GemPages for about a year now and I am beyond frustrated.

Our Gempage load time is Over 20 seconds per page. All images optimized.

The more pages we made the slower our site became and it wasn't until it was too late that we found the issue.

I wish I could post the screenshot of our page load waterfall. Take 8 seconds for gem pages to load, Before... any other script will load.

Support was no help at all. In fact they tried to say it wasn't gem pages fault when they could clearly see the 8 seconds of GemPages as #1 load. Still they try to blame JS and 3rd party apps. This is not the case and it is clear to anyone.

Use this app if you only need to create one or two pages. Not if you are creating more.

Let me explain how bad this is. When I try to search for a file in the theme directory, the page crashes. Gem pages create a system that every page you create will be a new page template file within your theme directory. We we have hundreds of pages and it is has completely crippled our website. But, gempages does not care.

The Happy Keeper

This app is a scam! I added the app to my shopify store and tried it out. I went with another app for the same purpose and uninstalled this app. I got an email 10 days later saying my trial is about to expire and to upgrade or my account will be suspended. I did nothing since I didn't want to use the app anymore. I am still being billed $29 monthly for this app through shopify. I contacted them and its been over a week and no response. I now just reinstalled the app so I can access the original account i made and figure out how to cancel my account so I'm not billed again. Even on my shopify bill it says the app is uninstalled but I'm still being charged. I think this is very sneaky and misleading. You should offer a good product people wasnt to use not trick people into paying for something they don't want and are not using.

July 15, 2020

Hi Laryssa,

This is Janie from GemPages. I'm sorry to hear the frustration!

For clarification, Shopify handles billing for all the stores in the app store.
Based on our app history record, it appears that you had subscribed to Professional Plan during the trial period that's the reason why you get charged for this paid subscription.

Please be well-advised that you're invoiced in advance for the following 30 days. Because of this, a charge will appear on your bill even if you uninstall an app only a day or two after you uninstall the app.

Our support agent - Bella has taken care of your case and we will process the refund according to our refund policy ASAP.

Tiffanini

It does not work properly. Built one page, crashed many times. Moreover, it's hard to refund or unsubscribe! The supporter always says they have over a thousand 5-start reviews that like Amazon are FAKE REVIES.

POP SOCIETY PRO

2 years of using my site wiped clean, gem pages was not able to help me put my pages back in place.

GeekeryBathe

The app was great, but once I no longer needed it they continued to charge me for months after the uninstall.

Concurseiro Fora da Caixa

Does not work properly. It doesn't seem to have backup for pages. Don't mistake yourself by its price.

Black Canyon Home & Body

Too buggy. It kept conflicting with every other application we use. Duplicated the menu 10xs across all pages. Had to delete our menu app. Then it started putting variations all over collection pages. Waited over 12 hours for help

November 7, 2019

Firstly I apologize for the delay. However, it's a bit unfair for us since you just gave us a try for a few hours. We consider you among a very small group of users who have been experiencing the problem, It was because of the conflict between your current theme and the editor, and our development had released an update to make sure you won't get this problem again.
Thank you for your feedback! Janie (Head of Customer Success)

pansly

Constant lag throughout, spent 3 hours trying to create a single landing page. Saving feature won't always work either, lost half of my work and had to restart again. The biggest issue is the LAG! I have the newest windows computer with a core i7 chip, this is ridiculous. Constantly waiting just to type a single message, very disappointed and support cared too much about their lunch rather than helping.

September 24, 2019

We are really sorry to hear that, your issue was affected by a 3rd parties app, after Investigating, we have been released an update for it. You are among very small group of users who have been experiencing this problem. I really hope if you could take some time to check it out. All working fine now! :)

ClusterFlux, Your Local Fine Jewelers

Waste of time....I'm so mad I spent so much time to make it work. The basics like moving images around or even Ctrl+Z on hotkeys don't work XD you cant lock layers (rows) so when trying to click on things you just have all these pop-ups of underlying layers, you cant work. no one answeres in customer service...im just going to hire a developer, less hassle

August 26, 2019

Hi there, Leah from GemPages support here

I have reviewed your conversation with my team and see that Janie replied to you in less than an hour on the same day but see no response back. I would like to say sorry if our response did not arrive for any reason.

For the image moving issue, you can easily move it around if it's put in a row element. To make sure if you need any further support from us to use GemPages easily, I have sent a personal email to you. Hope to hear from you, friend :slightly_smiling_face: