GemPages Page Builder & Funnel

GemPages Page Builder & Funnel

by GemPages

Home page, product page, collection page, sales pages & FAQs

Rollatte

The app does have a lot of nice design features, but also has its significant drawbacks. For one, it's quiet hard and complicated to use, and designing pages (or even just sections) with it can be a tiring and draining experience that takes much of your time. In addition, when you try to edit an existing subpage with the app, all the existing content of the page gets completely messed up, and at least in my experience, the features I tried to add (in existing subpages) didn't even work properly.

I'm currently using the app as a temporary solution until I get a new theme, to complete a lot of things that are missing in my current free, sucky theme. I only used to build the home page. This app is, indeed, good as a specific or a short-term solution for a feature that's missing in your theme, but I don't recommend using it as a long-term solution or build your entire store with it.

DIODog

Love the app but support is not as advertised. They clam a 20min response and "instant" on the advanced plan but neither pan out. Waiting 3+ hrs just for install help across multiple domains.

SooSmooth

I have had some problems with the editor of Gempages that did not work very well on my Lenovo computer. However I did experience great customer service that wanted to help me out with my problems, so that is definitely a plus.

Herbandroot

The page builder is great, but the blog builder still needs work and customer service has been very slow in fixing the issues with the way my blogs are appearing on my website. Disappointing, because I really enjoyed using the app for my landing pages.

Alex Skeffington

Janie was the only helpful person. Spoke with Chris and he gave me the wrong information which wasted my time.

There seems to be a HUGE time difference because I have been up for 2 nights talking to the support staff on the changes that needed to be made. Staff doesn't get back to you until 11pm my time.

Thankfully Janie figured out my issues and completed what I needed to have done. Without her, I would have demanded for a refund.

Brown Bag Wines

I like the app for its functionality. I faced a lot of issues with the use of the app which caused a lot of down time on my website. While Chris could do with a stronger support team, he did not hesitate to jump in and navigated the entire solution with me. I appreciated that a lot.

Somewhatobsessed

I came across this app because I submitted a request for help from a Shopify expert with a project for my store. #getshoplaunch responded straight away - unfortunately with a canned response promoting their app.

"Stephi, Thanks for reaching out. In case you want to customize your pages without hiring a developer or designer. Our GemPage is great for you.

We' have launched a Page Builder called GemPage, it allows you to fully customise your pages, take a look here: http://apps.shopify.com/gempage

Let me know if I can support further.

Thanks!,
Chris "

So I installed the app thinking that it could do what I requested - because why else would they have recommended it? ...you guessed it, the app couldn't do what I had asked for.

I'm leaving a 1-star review because I don't appreciate having an app suggested to me when I ask for help and it doesn't do what I asked.

***** Update

Chris apologised and offered to take care of the task that I was after via Shopify Experts, and he tried, but I don't believe he had a high enough level of skill to do it.

Because he tried to make up for his mistake, I have changed my review from a 1-star to a 3-star review.

2 Next