GemPages Page Builder & Funnel

GemPages Page Builder & Funnel

by GemPages

Home page, product page, collection page, sales pages & FAQs

meakoa

The idea is great, but there are so many glitches and bugs that it makes it impossible to create a simple page without losing your patience.

Vapefiend

Very slow and poor technical support. The app is ok, but pretty buggy if I'm honest. At present, I can't recommend this app.

Mahnal

I've been using this app for over 10 months now and have to say this app has GREAT potential. The amount of customization is amazing for the price. However, the rave stops there. The first couple months were great, but for longterm use this is not a good option. The amount of glitches have become too much for the cost. I would love to continue using Gempages because I've integrated so much of my website into their platform, but when you lose hours of work time recreating the same page over and over because something as basic as a save or export feature isn't working- its time to go. I've had to redo the product page on each individual product twice because their meta widget kept failing, I've had to recreate a simple blog post 3 times, the complaints are endless. Time is money and the frustration is unbearable.
Customer service was great the first couple months (or maybe my patience was just higher), but they seem to only give promises of improvements with nothing ever changing. I hope Gempages improves their issues, until then maybe my review will save someone else their time and money.

ALLACCESS SMART

This app has a very cool concept and is fun when it is working but I have found it is just not worth the time and effort you put in. The customer service is great (Only Leah you should give her a raise). But sadly the only reason that I mention customer service is bc of the amount of times the app bugs up. The page when you are finish editing does not look like it does on the app, when you actually go to the website, so you have to work off that. Had a couple times where my page just wouldn't load at all. Had a section just randomly deleted that I spent hours working on. & the app is extremely slow. Defiantly not worth the money and time. Too anyone considering I would just suggest to go and buy a nice shopify theme so you won't have to waste so much time on random bugs. I wish the app the best though for the future as it would be really cool and unique if it didn't have so much problems. I seriously felt like I was dealing with an app in Beta. Sorry for the criticism but hopefully it will spark some improvements.

Classique Kids

At first use, I was very happy with the ease of design.
But when I would publish the (hours and hours worth of) edits, the real view of my website would totally glitch and ruin everything I worked on in both desktop and mobile view.
Support team is friendly and eager to help, but ultimately were not able to fix the problem properly. I could not afford to waste any more time fiddling with it so disconnected the app.
Very upset with all my time and effort wasted!

West Coast Battery Store

I really love the idea and platform, however, tech support never responded to my issues. I downloaded this app because of the positive reviews regarding awesome tech support, but I got zero response. It's a real bummer because I found the app useful for what I need, but if I am going to pay $20/month, I want to know my issues will taken care in a timely manner so my store doesn't lose sales. I lost some money for sure.

Cycle Kids

I'm a web designer by trade, and beginning to use this app seemed intuitive, easy, and fast. I loved it in the beginning. Shortly after, I had started gathering issues (integrating into Shopify Homepage, Product Element blocks not showing properly, widgets not completely loading in the gem builder, inconsistent viewing, and continuous bug after bug).

This is where it stopped being intuitive and straight annoying. A web designers apps and tools are everything to them. It's how I do my job. I found I couldn't depend on GemPages to properly execute my designs or support me with my problems when I needed them to, and for this, that is their BIGGEST flaw.

That's why they have a two star rating. The interface is beautiful and the customization is endless. However, if you have deadlines and wish for support to fix your problems FIRST TIME AROUND, this app will do nothing but disappoint you.

Hilton Textiles

After leaving a positive review of 5 stars, I feel compelled to let customers know and rewrite my review after experiencing extremely negative things about this app. Overall the app does what it is supposed to do with minimal bugs. My issue was with the customer support team. I have requested multiple times for assistance regarding the design on our product page however i have been told that they are 'overloaded' with work every time i reach out to them. It has now been over two months asking them to assist with two changes to be precise and have been given empty promises every time i raise the issue, especially after mentioning how frustrating it is every time for the last 2 months. I have now hired someone to do the two implementations for me and when asked how long they took to do, he told me exactly 4 minutes. It is a real shame as i have another 6 Shopify stores that will need a page builder however after this experience i will be going for alternatives.

Trek-camp

serieusement cest pas le top surtout pour ce quand vous faite votre page sur ordi et vous vous mettez sur portable tout change rien n'est a la meme place sinon beaucoup d'options mais galere un peu

Olivia Graham Cashmere

If you are planning a website that is international and want it to be available in various languages ie use a translation app such as langshop, then gem pages is NOT for you. As I found out today.

I have used gem pages for months, and recently uploaded the langshop app to be able to offer my website in russian etc for our overseas clients, while the menus translate, the pages created using gem pages do not.

When I contacted the gem help, this is their response...

"It's a pity that Gempages does not compatible with this app.
Currently I have been supporting many multiple languages shop
and most of theme chose to create different shopify stores for each languages and sync each other .."

So again, shopify may offer lots of apps, but you need to really make sure that the app makers are offering software that talks to each other, so ask lots of questions, I made the assumption that there was a generic understanding with apps that worked on your shopify store that they would talk and work together, and I am now paying the price for this assumption.

Previous 1