Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

ANTISOCIALCASE

i changed my browsers default language to french, to test it. Also used a VPN. After clicking to translate, it did nothing. Also the currency dosen't change. I'm using debute theme, it might be limited. I don't know. But now i have to quickly switch back to old methods unfortunatley.
It is a pleasure to see shopify actually develop something for their customers that is useful and free and should've been implemented a long time ago. It's such a simple thing, langue translation and currency change.

Please look into this :)

March 4, 2020

Hey ANTISOCIALCASE,

The Geolocation app only shows currency recommendations if you are already selling in multiple currencies with Shopify Payments. To display your store's content in another language, you need to enable multiple languages. The Geolocation app doesn't translate your store's content, but instead helps your visitors view the languages you've already translated.

To learn more about selling in multiple currencies and languages, check out these guides:
- https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency
- https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/multilingual-online-store

— Geolocation team

Jawliner

MEGA sowas haben wir gesucht Danke Shopify Jetzt wird der Kunde darauf aufmerksam gemacht die Währung zu wechseln!

sober

It's a bit basic, but version 1 - and for free. Does what it should, simple to install, love it :) Thank you

WoW Creations UK

This works great and does exactly what we wanted in a matter of seconds.

After recently adding more currencies to our website, we needed the option for users to choose their currency. All of the Apps that we looked at used third party APIs to check the country - at least this is now controlled by Shopify. Great work!

Snaps Tool

I want to try this app. But can I know that why I can't install in my store? can you help me? thanks.

March 4, 2020

Hi Snaps Tool,

Geolocation only works if you’re selling in multiple languages or multiple currencies with Shopify Payments.

See these guides for more detail:
- https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency
- https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/multilingual-online-store

— Geolocation team

Madikerafashion.com Tous droits réservés.

Bonjour,S'il vous plais Shopify arrêtez de m'envoyer des APP qui ne fonctionne pas et qui me font perdre une temps précieux à chercher à les faire fonctionner en vain sans succès !! soyez sérieux Merci Cordialement

Hello, Please Shopify stop sending me APPs that don't work and that waste my precious time trying to make them work in vain without success !! be serious Thanks Regards

brendpro

ochen prekrasnay programma sposibo vam .............................................................

Therapy Blu

why do i have to have a bar, its so gross, please just let me run it in the background. I hate the bar.

February 28, 2020

Hey Therapy Blu,

We enable merchants to redirect using a bar or popup. We do not automatically switch to the right currency in the background as it may cause SEO issues with buyers seeing wrong currency in search engine results.

Cambio & Co.

While it works well with the Impulse theme, I tried to install with the Retina Theme (out of the sandbox) and the top position or top (fixed) entirely destroyed the Retina menu (and made it all white). Needs some more work but happy to see Shopify working on it

February 12, 2020

Hi Cambio & Co.

We appreciate the feedback. We will explore a solution to make the top bar work better with the Retina theme. Until then, you can use the popup option in the app which would not conflict with your theme header.

So Health Co.

New Review
---
Shopify responded to my review the same day I posted it with the changes I required to use this on my store. Now I've been able to remove a currency converter app that automatically converted the prices. Will monitor the store conversion rate to see if this makes any difference... thanks Shopify.

Just need to be able to customise the copy and typography now and maybe add an image for the pop ups ;p
---
Original Review
---
I'm giving this half stars right now, only because I cannot select my brand's colours by hex. At a minimum, I would have expected the app to use the colours already in use on the theme to save some time. I also need the ability to customise the typography and the copy.

Other than that, I think the problem this app will solve is great. No need to pay for any currency convertors!

February 12, 2020

Hey So Health Co.

Thanks for your feedback. We have shipped an update to the app which will now let you select colors using hex code. The app also automatically picks up colors from your theme for most themes.

We will keep your feedback on being able to customize the typography and copy in mind as we further develop this app.