Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with language and currency recommendations

Monstro Designs

Working great so far. Would love to see the Currency selector in a different spot though. I have a current app that allows me to place the currency selector in the upper right header so that feature would be great to add so I can use that portion of this app!

March 14, 2020

Hey Monstro Designs,

Thanks for your review. We are glad that the app is working for you.

The reason we don't support placing currency selector in the header is that buyers are likely going to see the recommendation bar / popup. Also, since most visitors are on mobile, they wouldn't see the header as it gets hidden in the Menu.

EK2.ca, Inc

A great feature for established business!
It wouldn`t be unreasonable to request for more color customization.

March 4, 2020

Hi EK2.ca, Inc

Thanks for your review. Please email Shopify support with feedback on any additional color customization that you are looking for.

Mystic Moon Shop, Inc

I cannot provide any details and what I like or dont like because the app doesnt work :( I have added it to both my stores without success! Guess Ill wait to see if they get the bug worked out because I do like the idea of it! Thank you for letting me know its working and how to check!

March 4, 2020

Hi Mystic Moon,

We do see a recommendation on your store from here in Canada! Recommendations only appear to new buyers who are from other countries or whose device is set to one of your other store languages. To test on your live store, we recommend using a VPN and accessing your shop in a private browsing window.

— Geolocation team

Jawliner

MEGA sowas haben wir gesucht Danke Shopify Jetzt wird der Kunde darauf aufmerksam gemacht die Währung zu wechseln!

sober

It's a bit basic, but version 1 - and for free. Does what it should, simple to install, love it :) Thank you

WoW Creations UK

This works great and does exactly what we wanted in a matter of seconds.

After recently adding more currencies to our website, we needed the option for users to choose their currency. All of the Apps that we looked at used third party APIs to check the country - at least this is now controlled by Shopify. Great work!

brendpro

ochen prekrasnay programma sposibo vam .............................................................

So Health Co.

New Review
---
Shopify responded to my review the same day I posted it with the changes I required to use this on my store. Now I've been able to remove a currency converter app that automatically converted the prices. Will monitor the store conversion rate to see if this makes any difference... thanks Shopify.

Just need to be able to customise the copy and typography now and maybe add an image for the pop ups ;p
---
Original Review
---
I'm giving this half stars right now, only because I cannot select my brand's colours by hex. At a minimum, I would have expected the app to use the colours already in use on the theme to save some time. I also need the ability to customise the typography and the copy.

Other than that, I think the problem this app will solve is great. No need to pay for any currency convertors!

February 12, 2020

Hey So Health Co.

Thanks for your feedback. We have shipped an update to the app which will now let you select colors using hex code. The app also automatically picks up colors from your theme for most themes.

We will keep your feedback on being able to customize the typography and copy in mind as we further develop this app.

Northern Treasure

Big thank you to the Shopify developers for adding this functionality. Selling in multiple currencies is much more fluid with the customer getting prompted for currency (and language) rather than digging it out from the menu (on mobile). Next I need to translate my store to a few languages and I’m very motivated to do that now. Thanks again

1 3 Next