Geolocation

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

Shopify app insights
  • Popular with businesses in the United States

Price: Free

App highlights

  • Seamless workflow: use directly in Shopify admin

Geolocation app

Reviews

2.2 of 5 stars

The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.

Counts per rating level
  • 21% of ratings are 5 stars
  • 6% of ratings are 4 stars
  • 17% of ratings are 3 stars
  • 11% of ratings are 2 stars
  • 45% of ratings are 1 stars

Filter and sort reviews

1 - 10 of 104 reviews

Olympich

Location Cambodia

big disappointment. to change the language. the bar is down bottom on the footer. correct placement is on the header not footer...

MOBS

Location United States
Time spent using app 4 months

Very poor user interface options. The popup is too aggressive: if 80% of your traffic goes to a location where the language by default is ok and the rest (20%) needs the function of geolocation, you solve the problem for the 20%, but you still have 80% of your traffic impacted by this useless popup as the first thing they see in your website. On the other hand, if you choose not the pop up, but the footer, it is a footer with, again, a very poor UI options that stays at the bottom of the website and nobody sees. This app is not even a minimum option or solution. I would have expected much more from a Shopify App, really.

Developer reply

November 21, 2022

Hi there, thank you for your review. The pop up does not appear for everyone - only those who there is a recommendation for. E.g. if your site defaults to English and USD, someone who speaks English and is located in the United States will not see a pop up. If someone from Canada lands on your site, they will see a pop up to switch to Canada and CAD. This has been proven to increase conversion for international visitors.

Fauna

Location France
Time spent using app About 1 month

Ne fonctionne tout simplement pas. Moi et mes visiteurs sommes en France et nous avons un message comme quoi notre emplacement est aux US. La solution selon le support Shopify est de vider mon cache... Ce qui ne change rien.

Ketzugram

Location Estonia
Time spent using app 2 days

big disappointment. to change the language. the bar is down bottom on the footer. correct placement is on the header not footer...

Select

Location Norway
Time spent using app 22 days

Worse translation app there is. It just dosent work, simply just does not work. The popup for a country code will auto set to english, and it wont even translate

Developer reply

October 25, 2022

Hi there, this is not a translation app. It is an app that will direct your customers to the right experience based on their location. If you need a translation app I would suggest trying: https://apps.shopify.com/translate-and-adapt

EssentialsOnEarth

Location Australia
Time spent using app 4 days

not even a singel star as it does not work when by any chance anywhere else in the theme GEO is activated. Or i am not sure why it does function wierd. sometimes it does work sometimes it does not and hence i am uninstalling it, Please clean the code if any tran=ces of it are left behind. will not suggest this app not even for free.

Roble.Store

Location Spain
Time spent using app About 2 months

It is a shame to launch such an app full of bugs! For visitors from Italy it offers to switch to the French store. It is not possible to fix.

Royal Armadio

Location United States
Time spent using app About 2 hours

I have only 2 countries set up in my checkout settings, when I activated this app I had it tested in other countries other than those that I have set, yet it still has that welcome message assuring the visitor that we ship to their country, which we don't!! This confusion can lead to bad reviews!! Please fix!!

SHOPTAIM

Location Brazil
Time spent using app 10 minutes

tentei usar mas não faz configurações, não ativa a personalisação para adicionar paises. as orientações são confusas e incompletas.

Tribe Tiez

Location United States
Time spent using app About 2 months

i dont like the big shopify logo that i cannot change. i tried changing languages but i didnt see any change.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11