Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with language and currency recommendations

Victor De Rossa

It used to work early 2020 but it stopped working for quite a while already (pop up with the language/currency selector doesn't appear anymore), many many months ago in fact. If there is an update or a fix I'll rate it higher.

February 16, 2021

Hi there Victor, if you're browsing your store from your home country and default language, then a recommendation won't be shown. If your customers from other countries are not seeing your recommendation however, our support team would be happy to take a look.

Holistic Nutrition

I tried this app and it wouldn't change currency to the other currency i have enabled in my payment settings, it shows the other currency in options but doesn't display the prices in PK rupees. It doesn't perform as advertised.

February 5, 2021

Thanks for your review, sorry to hear you faced this trouble! Our support team would be happy to take a look - the app is designed to work with any currency you have enabled in your payments settings.

Amperstand

Doesn't work, asked to add store location and currency, though there was nowhere to do so, i guess I'll find another app....

January 29, 2021

Hi there! Sorry the setup was not as you expected. Geolocation uses the currencies and languages you have setup in Shopify to offer recommendations to your buyers. This ensures a consistent experience from your storefront all the way through to checkout.

You can offer currencies under Settings --> Payments, and then click "Manage" next to Shopify Payments. Languages are in Settings --> Languages. Once you have set these up, Geolocation will leverage them automatically.

Black Alice Lingerie

We'd prefer you implemented this on the Liquid and/or JavaScript SDK side rather than having yet another app that doesn't match store's look&feel and impacts page load time :(

January 7, 2021

Hi there, thanks for your review! We do plan on releasing the relevant documentation on how to do this so if you'd like, you can build your own implementation of Geolocation yourself - stay tuned.

TABMBAT™️

I installed this app into my store then went to my website. I only saw 2-3 words translated. I am not sure how that is supposed to help. I quickly uninstalled this app.

January 4, 2021

Hi there, thanks for your review. The Geolocation app does not translate your content for you, but helps buyers switch between different languages you have made available on your site. To get started selling in multiple languages, take a look here (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/cross-border/multilingual-online-store), and then use the Geolocation app to make recommendations once you have published additional languages!

iPlayBass, LLC

Do not download. The selectors only show at footer (where nobody looks) and the recommended language popup is partially hidden on mobile so customers cant see it.

January 4, 2021

Hi there, thanks for your review. The Geolocation app is mobile optimized - our theme support team would be happy to take a look at the issue you were experiencing to see why it was only partially appearing on mobile.

We are investigating future changes to allow the selectors to be in the header as well.

Il mondo di Wit

Easy to install and would be nice to have. 1 Star because i cannot use it. It is messing up all product translations. Many products have titles and descriptions from other products. Sorry maybe in feture this will be fixed. Will give it a try in feature

Apartment 708

I downloaded this app, but does not work. There is nowhere for me to click? How can we fix this issue?!

freezeframeau

The installation (after downloading) doesn't work. Don't bother. Best thing about the app is how easy it is to delete it again.

Blue Pigeon UK

I used this app to add multi currency support. I just observed though that itis not doing currency conversion and only switching currency signs. Is there any setting to display the currency converted value ?

January 4, 2021

Thanks for your review. For the Geolocation app to offer different currency recommendations, you first need to make those currencies available from your Shopify Payments settings. Once you have done so, the app can help your buyers switch to their preferred currency.

Previous 1 3 4