Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

idasports.com

I cannot get this app to work. It tells me I need to set up countries/regions to use it, but these are greyed out? The help page does not help at all.

July 20, 2021

Hi there, thanks for your comments. Using the Geolocation app is supported for merchants using Shopify Payments - if you are unable to select multiple countries/regions or they are greyed out, it sounds as though you are using another gateway. If this isn't the case please feel free to reach out to us and we can help!

Modern Match Lingerie

I tried this app once and it wouldn't work properly. I deleted it and contacted my theme build to see if I could move the currency converter to a more prominent spot on my site. They directed me back to this app. I re-downloaded it and right away it said it can't support my store. I reached out to the support team and all you said was you were working on it. The ratings on this app speak for themselves. I would love a solution if there was one.

Luxusbetten24

We were previously using the Geolocation app to show a higher price to users from Switzerland. A few days ago, we got a warning from Google Shopping, claiming that we are violating a policy by doing this. They disapproved a few items. We then proceeded to remove the Geolocation app from the Shopify store. After solving the issue we contacted google and asked to check it from their site. Here is the problem: Google is still seeing a different price whenever they access the site. How can we stop the price from being changed? What could the problem be?

July 20, 2021

Hi there - unfortunately the Geolocation app is not the source of your problem here. I would recommend speaking to the app or service that is providing your product feeds from Shopify to Google. If that is Shopify's Google Shopping channel, our support team can help you with this directly.

Mexican Corn Products

Glitches to app. The PopUp keeps popping up in the usa and won't allow me to click out. The pricing remains also remains Canadian currency and not USA dollars.

July 20, 2021

Hi there - this sounds very strange. Has our support team been able to help you with this? We would be happy to solve this for you.

Visual FX Pro

Shopify recently changing this app was a horrible decision. I sell digital products so the fact that it says 'Shipping to (country)' is not something for me, but there is no way to change the text or remove the pop-up? Horrible.

July 20, 2021

Hi there, thank you for this feedback. Indeed, this has been designed with physical products in mind at the moment, and we apologize this hasn't suited your needs. We are certainly looking at future improvements to help with more use cases.

LISA Institute

The new version of the App includes a pop-up that appears to each visitor with a fix text that can not be changed, saying: "This shop sends to (your country), check alternatives to shipping (your country)" First of all we are not a shop, we are a educational institution. Second, we sell digital products (courses), so our customers do not need to "receive" nothing. It is a must for us to edit the text that appears in the popup to write what applies to our business. ¿When will you allow it? Thank you.

July 20, 2021

Hi there, thank you for this feedback. We have heard similar pieces of feedback from other merchants, and while this has been built with physical products in mind at the moment, we will be looking at how we can expand this into other products like digital/subscriptions in the future.

Julia Talyana

Very bad APP. not recommended at all, only if you want to waist your time. Also support cannot help wenn the is bad developped.

July 20, 2021

Hi there, would you be able to provide us some more detail about what you encountered that went wrong here? Our support team would be happy to help.

Golden Beards

not working for more than a month, this app is not detecting from where the customer is coming from, popup is not working alsol

June 29, 2021

Hi there, we can't see anything wrong with the pop up on your site, it looks to be working as expected when we visit your site (image here: https://screenshot.click/29-40-ap94j-cckr9.png). When testing, if you are located in your store's default country/language, no recommendation will appear (since there is nothing to change), and this may be what you are experiencing? You can test with a free VPN or using the in-app preview.

Teddy and Wool

The app used to automatically convert pricing to the correct currency based on geo-location (IP), but this has stopped working for some reason?? At least inform us if you change this functionality...

June 17, 2021

Hi there, the Geolocation app hasn't ever changed currency automatically, it recommends that buyers switch into their local pricing/language. We would also suggest not changing currency based on IP as this can be frowned upon by Google. We would instead recommend automatic redirection with international domains to automatically show your buyers the right currency: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/domains/managing-domains/international-domains#switch-between-international-domains

HACKNEY NINE

It's a good app, unfortunately the currency/country selector is hidden at the bottom on the footer, where no one is going to see it. So it ends up being next to useless. You would think that they would offer the option of having it on the header.

June 16, 2021

Hi there, there are 2 reasons we don't do this. Firstly, because Geolocation offers a pop up recommendation to buyers when they aren't in the right location or language. They should only need to use the selectors if they want to change to a country or language different than their default.

Secondly, because Geolocation doesn't add any code to your theme, it's not technically possible for us to add selectors to the header reliably. If you want to do this, you can have a Shopify expert build a country selector directly into your theme's header instead (https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-support-multiple-currencies). Good luck!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6