Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

Music Discoveries

I just added this app to my shop and the currency conversion is not correct. $4.50 CAD is converting to $4.00 USD, which isn't right. Plus my customers will never find that little button at the bottom of the screen. I was looking forward to this feature, but I'm going to delete it.

September 15, 2021

I can see on your store you have CAD and USD, with rounding rules on to the nearest dollar. The CAD --> USD FX rate today is 0.80469. Making your converted prices 4.50 * 0.80469 = $3.62, rounded to the nearest $1.00 = $4.00 USD. If you don't want your prices rounded, then you can turn this off in your payments settings. Please do contact us if you have any questions!

Paper Plus Cloth

As per an email from Shopify that this app was going to be added to shops as of Oct. 4, I decided to download it ahead of time and right away it caused issues for customers viewing my website outside of Canada. It displayed incorrect prices that were converted TWICE! So if I had an item that was $45 cad it should have displayed $37 usd, but instead converted it again to $29.50 (the US equivalent of $37cad). How does that even happen? I fear for everyone who will find out bad this app is on Oct. 4th

September 15, 2021

Hi there, this definitely sounds like something unrelated to the Geolocation app that is causing this issue. We'd be happy to take a look at this for you and ensure everything is working as it should be, you can reach out to us at cross-border-support@shopify.com and I can come back to you that way.

Bear & Bunny

La fenetre contextuelle ( Pop-up ) est vue comme un spam pour la publicité facebook. C'est très mauvais d'utiliser cette application !

Jacqueline Kalab Beauty

I used to like this app when it was a discreet selector. Now a giant annoying pop up. Very disappointing change

September 3, 2021

Hi Jacqueline, this change was made after we tested the pop up and found that it improved conversion rates, and also improved the rate at which customers check out in their local currency. Sorry the change is not to your liking, we have a range of other apps that work with Shopify Payments which might be to your liking! https://apps.shopify.com/collections/apps-that-work-with-shopify-payments

Tyttar

While Google SEO Engine just recommends to show the conversion pop-up, this app is forcing it. This app should give us the option to enable automatic currency conversion with no annoying pop-up.
Automatic currency conversion is adopted by many many web sites, for example booking.com, etsy.com, linjer.co (Shopify hosted). I insist that you guys improve this app to enable automatic currency conversion with no pop-up.

August 25, 2021

Hi there, automatically changing currency and/or language can be seen negatively by Google and other search engines. Doing this may hurt your SEO rankings, which is why we do not do it and do not recommend using solutions that do. If you want to automatically show your customers the right experience, please use automatic redirection with international domains: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/domains/managing-domains/international-domains#switch-between-international-domains

Added for clarity: Under Targeting site content to a specific country, you will see Google does not recommend adapting on site content via IP (https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/crawling/managing-multi-regional-sites)

Sara Robertsson Jewellery

Very bad. Does not match the look of my store and if I don't activate the pop up recommendations (which is blunt and ugly) the geolocation function does not even work at all it instead directs all customers to Andorra! Looking for an alternative as quickly as I can to get out of this mess..

August 19, 2021

Hi there, if you're not using Geolocation's recommendations, it will not automatically redirect your customers anywhere. If you want to redirect your customers to the right country automatically, you should use automatic redirection instead: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/domains/managing-domains/international-domains#switch-between-international-domains

Fajas Tributo

I was disappointed to know that the orders made with a different currency can't be edited and I think this is a very feature of this app because it limits our sales and customer service performance

August 19, 2021

Hi there, this is not a limitation of the Geolocation app - unfortunately multi currency orders cannot be edited in general at the moment and is something we will be working on separately.

idasports.com

I cannot get this app to work. It tells me I need to set up countries/regions to use it, but these are greyed out? The help page does not help at all.

July 20, 2021

Hi there, thanks for your comments. Using the Geolocation app is supported for merchants using Shopify Payments - if you are unable to select multiple countries/regions or they are greyed out, it sounds as though you are using another gateway. If this isn't the case please feel free to reach out to us and we can help!

Modern Match Lingerie

I tried this app once and it wouldn't work properly. I deleted it and contacted my theme build to see if I could move the currency converter to a more prominent spot on my site. They directed me back to this app. I re-downloaded it and right away it said it can't support my store. I reached out to the support team and all you said was you were working on it. The ratings on this app speak for themselves. I would love a solution if there was one.

Luxusbetten24

We were previously using the Geolocation app to show a higher price to users from Switzerland. A few days ago, we got a warning from Google Shopping, claiming that we are violating a policy by doing this. They disapproved a few items. We then proceeded to remove the Geolocation app from the Shopify store. After solving the issue we contacted google and asked to check it from their site. Here is the problem: Google is still seeing a different price whenever they access the site. How can we stop the price from being changed? What could the problem be?

July 20, 2021

Hi there - unfortunately the Geolocation app is not the source of your problem here. I would recommend speaking to the app or service that is providing your product feeds from Shopify to Google. If that is Shopify's Google Shopping channel, our support team can help you with this directly.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7