Geolocation

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

Price: Free

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Tribe Tiez

Time spent using app About 2 months

i dont like the big shopify logo that i cannot change. i tried changing languages but i didnt see any change.

Powertune Digital

Location Australia
Time spent using app Over 1 year

The fact you can only have the currency selector in the FOOTER, a tiny little grey box that blends in with the footer that absolutely NO ONE can see is ridiculous! Add a button to the header that shows a flag or makes it easy to see, Literally NO ONE can find the currency selector! How does a company this massive make something so completely terrible

Trop Stylé Go 🎀 𝓑𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓾𝓮 🎀

Location France

Deux remarques pertinentes
Le bouton de pop ne fonctionne .
Le texte est en Français pour différentes Langes

مكتبة بنيان

Location Germany
Time spent using app About 1 year

this is one of the most important apps in my shop because I sell to soo many different countries but in the same time this is the app that I hate the most. there is 0% customization, not even WORDS TRANSLATION !!!!!! Shopify should update this app ASAP as it was not even Touched for the last couple of years specially that this app is used the most by Advanced Plan Customers because they use international Pricing and Multi language the most.

Sabattus Disc Golf, Inc.

If I could give zero stars I would, BEWARE of this app!!! Somehow this was installed in our store, (Shopify still looking into how & wait for a response) We have had inventory issues and weird things happening to our platform not mention sales channel getting turned off and being hacked. Not sure if all related. Have since deleted the app.

kristofbuntinxboxers

Location Belgium

I have been working with Shopify for several years and with several shops. I hate to leave this bad review but I noticed that the support people do not want to clarify on how this Geolocation app works. They do not answer with a straight forward answer but they try to avoid giving a clear answer and instead give a polite cryptic answer which can mean anything. They say it 'recommends' the currency and the language for visitors of my site. But they are not willing to say if the geolocation app also actually translates into these chosen languages or not and if one needs a third party app for this or not and which one? They also do not have a step by step manual or tutorial on 1 page, explaining how to install all the languages, if this is needed. Plus the apps Transcy, Langify and T Lab also do not have these tutorials and are not willing to explain ( or hide behind the fact they cannot say ) how the Shopify geolocation app works. Since a year or so I am very much disappointed working with Shopify. One does not get a dedicated support person. They change with every email one writes. Which is very upsetting. It is like going to your favorite café or pub and the waiters change every day. No loyalty, no trust. I now run four shops with Shopify and ever since I purchased gift cards a few months ago from Shopify Plus, it went wrong. Very disappointed... They seem not to care anymore.

Dr. Fit Global 健康瘦 減肥瘦身專門店

Location Hong Kong SAR
Time spent using app About 7 hours

stay away from shopify's thing and their apps!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1. they sell themes incompatible with their native features (those themes selling in official theme store) and the support reject to do ANY kinds of follow-up; 2. this geolocation app has a lot of flaws - it doesn't detect customer's location and did not save customer's preference. Now I am hoping there is a better competitor to Shopify. *Crying*

Carpe

Time spent using app 1 day

We are forced to use this app if we want to change prices for other countries, and the only way price actually shows correctly to the customer is if we add an ugly, uneditable pop-up to our store for all traffic (even if the new market is just 5% of our traffic) Please allow us to enable/disable the pop-up by country. Or just default to the correct prices if you know where the IP is located. Such a poorly developed app

May 13, 2022

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. This app is just one of many options you can use to show your customers the correct currency! There are many other options here and we definitely don't intend to force you to use this app: https://apps.shopify.com/collections/works-with-shopify-markets

Changing currency based on IP address goes against Google's guidelines and can cause SEO problems for your store, which is why we do not do this. If you want to show your customers the correct currency automatically, you can have different subfolders for each country and redirect your customers to the right subfolder automatically: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/markets/international-domains/directing-customers/domain-redirection

I hope this helps!

Salty Minx

Location New Zealand

Did not work, tried with VPN and prices stayed the same. I don't want a full size uncustomizable ugly pop up, and I want to be able to add selector to header. Customers shouldn't have to scroll to bottom to change currency. Not good enough.

Ailera

This should be a very good, simple and functional app but in common with several other reviewers the fact that you cannot customise the pop-up text drives us mad. It cannot be that difficult to do. We are trialling the Markets feature which is a big Shopify initiative and screams out the need to support simple, intuitive country selection. We are UK-based with a US warehouse but the popup text says "ships to US". Our own customers are saying this is off-putting as it logically implies we are not in the US (meaning potentially higher shipping costs or delivery times). All we need is the ability to state "looks like you're in the US" and a button saying "stay here" or "yes please". Many other reviewers make the same point. We've raised this with Shopify Support, to no avail. It's such a shame. Come on guys, finish the app!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10