Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

THE MISLEDS

Ho scaricato la app ma non vedo tutti i country in cui spedisco ma solo Europa, come si aggiungono??

CAN-TIDUBY

Soy de España, mi tienda está en dólares y vendo a México. Añadí los pesos MXN pero todos mis clientes ven el precio en dólares USD ¿Cómo puede ser esto?

ANDREA CASTRO COUTURE

I am in colombia. I have my ecommerce in spanish and my currency is COP. I need to give the option to the customer the language in english too an the prices in USD. What I need to do?

San Poncho

The wording on the pop-up and banner is confusing and you can't change it. It has what appears to be the correct currency pre-selected and then the confirmation button the customer is supposed to click is labelled 'Change'. Customers think that if they hit 'Change', it will change AWAY from their preferred currency and instead opt to 'X' out of the pop up prior to confirming the proper one. Customers have no idea that the Currency showing in the selector needs to be confirmed otherwise it will go to default. 80% of my sales since installing has been in the wrong currency. It would be a lot better if you could improve the customization of the pop-up or banner to allow merchants to label their buttons and the wording in a less confusing way. Instead of "Looks like you're shopping inside of Canada" and show CAD next to the word 'Change', simple say "Choose your currency" next to the selector and the word 'Select' or 'Confirm' etc.

February 17, 2021

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Geolocation! This is extremely valuable feedback, and we agree - we are in the middle of looking at optimizations we can make here, stay tuned!

The Potters Boards

We've Geo location on our site for about 2 months now. Unfortunately it doesn't seems to be working. It has not showed up in my personal browsers since the initial install, and we've had some customers confused about the currency they made their purchases in, so I'm guessing it's not showing up for them either. Good idea, but needs to work.

August 24, 2020

Hey The Potters Boards,

Thanks for your feedback. Geolocation app only shows suggestion based on the IP address of the visitor. If you were browsing your store from your home country, then the recommendation may not be triggered.

You also seem to be using another currency conversion app which automatically sets currencies and may interfere with how Geolocation works. Feel free to reach out to Shopify Support for assistance. If you already have a support ticket, please let us know and we will follow up on our end.

Thanks,
Geolocation team

god’s time life style

llevo 10 minutos tratando de instalarla pero es muy complejo de hacer, y el soporte que me brindan muy malo

Travelers Mile Luggages

I don't know if it's something I am not getting right. I installed the app, then goes to vmy website to give it a try on what customers will experience. Unfortunately when I choose a language, the only thing that changes is the theme language. Contents such as text, product titles etc still stays in English bwhich is my store default language. So I wonder how this app is of help to customers speaking other languages. Is there a way out?

May 18, 2020

Hey Travelers Mile Luggages,

Geolocation app prompts customers to switch to your local language. It is not meant to be used with one of the translation apps that are compatible with Shopify's store languages feature. You can learn more about these apps at https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/multilingual-online-store

If you face any issues, please reach out to Shopify support and we would love to help.

The Happy Jack Co

The recommendation isn't showing in the header, only the little selector button at the base of the page (kind of useless down there). Is it because I already have a header bar?

May 18, 2020

Hey The Happy Jack Co,

We can see the recommendation in the header on your store. You may not be seeing this because it is based on the IP address of the visitor.

sofacovers.co

I really wanted a nice simple geolocation app to work with shopify payments. Unfortunately this one looks terrible on my store. The font size is fixed to 16px and there's no way for you to edit the code. Looks like it was designed by amatuers. Why do you make the app so ugly and un-customisable>?

April 16, 2020

Hi sofacovers.co

Thanks for your feedback. We will keep this in mind as we work on how to improve the app.

Snaps Tool

I want to try this app. But can I know that why I can't install in my store? can you help me? thanks.

March 4, 2020

Hi Snaps Tool,

Geolocation only works if you’re selling in multiple languages or multiple currencies with Shopify Payments.

See these guides for more detail:
- https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency