Geolocation

Geolocation | Reviews

by Shopify

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

EMJEES

I really need to be able to disable the popup, please advise me how i can do so. I might have to just delete it altogether.
What are the implications to my store if i delete it?
thanks in advance

October 12, 2021

Hi, you can disable the pop up in the app be deselecting "Show recommendations."

Labyrinthos

We don't ship to some countries because of various tax issues. Unfortunately I made the assumption that being a Shopify developed app, that it would also know which countries were available. Some folks saw the popup saying "Store ships to your country!", and were really upset when there were no shipping options. Settings also don't allow us to choose which countries are available. Please make this update to choose countries! I never should have allowed it to auto-install. :(

October 7, 2021

Hi there, if you don't ship to a country or region, please remove this from your Shopify Payments settings (Settings --> Payments --> Manage). For example, you have Austria (EUR) enabled in your payments settings, but no shipping rates for Austria. Ensuring that your countries/regions in payment settings match your shipping zones will avoid what you have mentioned from happening.

Thank you for your feedback, however! We are constantly looking to improve this process and will be making this easier in the future.

Babyboo

I just added the app but it's showing different store name on the popup how do i change it?? There is no option of editing the Text that my customer is seeing.

Nuebar

I really really need the selector to be customisable more.
I need to be able to place it in my header and I need to be able to shorten it to display just currency code, ie: AUD, USD None of my US customers are finding the selector when they don't use the pop-up. It's incredibly frustrating.
Please at the very least, have a shortcode I can install in the header for currency switching.

SEVENHEAVENS

A shopify in-house solution for currency conversion is despeartely needed but this app does not deliver. It needs to have the option for an auto-mode where it will simply update the currency based on user location. And then we can still offer a manual option on the website if needed. But shoving users a popup in their face as soon as their land is just not a very nice UX.

July 20, 2021

Hi there, changing currency based on IP is not something we do because it goes against search engine guidelines (including Google). Instead, we recommend you use automatic redirection between international domains, which will set the currency for your customers at the same time: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/domains/managing-domains/international-domains#switch-between-international-domains

West Galt Baby Gifts

I've tried several times to load this app to my site but I keep getting a message that says it can't be loaded because of an issue with cookies. I've enabled cookies and still get the message. Please advise!

THE MISLEDS

Ho scaricato la app ma non vedo tutti i country in cui spedisco ma solo Europa, come si aggiungono??

CAN-TIDUBY

Soy de España, mi tienda está en dólares y vendo a México. Añadí los pesos MXN pero todos mis clientes ven el precio en dólares USD ¿Cómo puede ser esto?

ANDREA CASTRO COUTURE

I am in colombia. I have my ecommerce in spanish and my currency is COP. I need to give the option to the customer the language in english too an the prices in USD. What I need to do?

San Poncho

The wording on the pop-up and banner is confusing and you can't change it. It has what appears to be the correct currency pre-selected and then the confirmation button the customer is supposed to click is labelled 'Change'. Customers think that if they hit 'Change', it will change AWAY from their preferred currency and instead opt to 'X' out of the pop up prior to confirming the proper one. Customers have no idea that the Currency showing in the selector needs to be confirmed otherwise it will go to default. 80% of my sales since installing has been in the wrong currency. It would be a lot better if you could improve the customization of the pop-up or banner to allow merchants to label their buttons and the wording in a less confusing way. Instead of "Looks like you're shopping inside of Canada" and show CAD next to the word 'Change', simple say "Choose your currency" next to the selector and the word 'Select' or 'Confirm' etc.

February 17, 2021

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Geolocation! This is extremely valuable feedback, and we agree - we are in the middle of looking at optimizations we can make here, stay tuned!

Previous 1