Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with language and currency recommendations

god’s time life style

llevo 10 minutos tratando de instalarla pero es muy complejo de hacer, y el soporte que me brindan muy malo

Travelers Mile Luggages

I don't know if it's something I am not getting right. I installed the app, then goes to vmy website to give it a try on what customers will experience. Unfortunately when I choose a language, the only thing that changes is the theme language. Contents such as text, product titles etc still stays in English bwhich is my store default language. So I wonder how this app is of help to customers speaking other languages. Is there a way out?

May 18, 2020

Hey Travelers Mile Luggages,

Geolocation app prompts customers to switch to your local language. It is not meant to be used with one of the translation apps that are compatible with Shopify's store languages feature. You can learn more about these apps at https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/multilingual-online-store

If you face any issues, please reach out to Shopify support and we would love to help.

The Happy Jack Co

The recommendation isn't showing in the header, only the little selector button at the base of the page (kind of useless down there). Is it because I already have a header bar?

May 18, 2020

Hey The Happy Jack Co,

We can see the recommendation in the header on your store. You may not be seeing this because it is based on the IP address of the visitor.

sofacovers.co

I really wanted a nice simple geolocation app to work with shopify payments. Unfortunately this one looks terrible on my store. The font size is fixed to 16px and there's no way for you to edit the code. Looks like it was designed by amatuers. Why do you make the app so ugly and un-customisable>?

April 16, 2020

Hi sofacovers.co

Thanks for your feedback. We will keep this in mind as we work on how to improve the app.

Snaps Tool

I want to try this app. But can I know that why I can't install in my store? can you help me? thanks.

March 4, 2020

Hi Snaps Tool,

Geolocation only works if you’re selling in multiple languages or multiple currencies with Shopify Payments.

See these guides for more detail:
- https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency