Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

LikkleDeals

How do i remove the "Heroku" code???
ive been trying to remove for days now
is there an uninstall on the app because i didnt seee any

Poster Wall prints

The app is okay but there is a lot of room to improve it. For example it would be cool if the app could auto detect the country of the customer and just show the customers local currency instead of the pop up to change it.

April 28, 2021

Hi there! Thanks for leaving your review. Changing the currency on the same domain goes against Google's guidelines, which is why we do not do this within the app. If you are using our international domains product however (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/managing-domains/international-domains) automatic redirection between domains will soon be available, which will achieve the same thing.

Spekii Sleep

Works pretty well although when I have users from the US it says "looks like you're in the US. Change to AUD$." It should be USD not AUD. My store currency is in GBP.

Alexis Daoud Jewelry

Simple and easy to use, this app is great. However, would benefit from including more currencies like Canadian dollar, Franc, Krone please!!

Shebeng

how can I translate the popup message box? My default language is not English and I want to change to the foreign language.

Venture North Trading Company

I just added the app to my store and it does appear to work as intended... one suggestion, I would prefer to have the basic currency selector appear in the header similar to how it appears in the footer, full bar can be optional??? I only sell in USA and Canada so the simple selector on the top would be better for my needs.

OneHavenCo

is it wroking? i cant get to activate. Please help. I cant write more than 100 word so i am repeating myself

May 25, 2020

Hey OneHavenCo,

Geolocation app works with selling in multiple currencies for Shopify Payments. You can activate currencies by going to Settings > Payment Providers > Shopify Payments. You will find a currencies section where you can enable currencies. Once you do that, you can publish the Geolocation app to show currency recommendations to your buyers.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Gain the Sleep

The app is not bad. However I would really like to have the option to position the selector on the header instead of the footer. Another thing that would be very nice to have is the automatic switch of currency according to the location of the customer instead of giving recommendation to change it. Would be great of those changes could be implied!

May 18, 2020

Hey Gain the Sleep,

We do not add the selector in the header as it gets hidden on mobile which most visitors use. If you use the top bar or modal layout, most buyers will be able to easily switch currency.

Automatically changing the currency based on the IP address of the buyer can lead to SEO issues. We follow the best practices set by Google by giving buyers a clear choice to buy in local currency.

If you have any other queries, we would love to answer those.

Serici Tech

I would like to be able to place it in the Debut theme header. At the moment it sits awkwardly in the footer, bellow social media etc.

May 18, 2020

Hey Serici Tech,

The new version of Debut theme has a native currency and language selector built in the footer. We do not support the selectors in the header as they get hidden on mobile. This is why we built recommendations in this app which are shown to buyers as a top bar or popup.

uniconhk

I cannot see the language selector again after the first time. My default language is traditional Chinese (hong kong) in my browser. I'm using iPhone for viewing.

Previous 1 3