Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with language and currency recommendations

Alexis Daoud Jewelry

Simple and easy to use, this app is great. However, would benefit from including more currencies like Canadian dollar, Franc, Krone please!!

Shebeng

how can I translate the popup message box? My default language is not English and I want to change to the foreign language.

Venture North Trading Company

I just added the app to my store and it does appear to work as intended... one suggestion, I would prefer to have the basic currency selector appear in the header similar to how it appears in the footer, full bar can be optional??? I only sell in USA and Canada so the simple selector on the top would be better for my needs.

OneHavenCo

is it wroking? i cant get to activate. Please help. I cant write more than 100 word so i am repeating myself

May 25, 2020

Hey OneHavenCo,

Geolocation app works with selling in multiple currencies for Shopify Payments. You can activate currencies by going to Settings > Payment Providers > Shopify Payments. You will find a currencies section where you can enable currencies. Once you do that, you can publish the Geolocation app to show currency recommendations to your buyers.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Gain the Sleep

The app is not bad. However I would really like to have the option to position the selector on the header instead of the footer. Another thing that would be very nice to have is the automatic switch of currency according to the location of the customer instead of giving recommendation to change it. Would be great of those changes could be implied!

May 18, 2020

Hey Gain the Sleep,

We do not add the selector in the header as it gets hidden on mobile which most visitors use. If you use the top bar or modal layout, most buyers will be able to easily switch currency.

Automatically changing the currency based on the IP address of the buyer can lead to SEO issues. We follow the best practices set by Google by giving buyers a clear choice to buy in local currency.

If you have any other queries, we would love to answer those.

Serici Tech

I would like to be able to place it in the Debut theme header. At the moment it sits awkwardly in the footer, bellow social media etc.

May 18, 2020

Hey Serici Tech,

The new version of Debut theme has a native currency and language selector built in the footer. We do not support the selectors in the header as they get hidden on mobile. This is why we built recommendations in this app which are shown to buyers as a top bar or popup.

uniconhk

I cannot see the language selector again after the first time. My default language is traditional Chinese (hong kong) in my browser. I'm using iPhone for viewing.

Flatrock Wetsuits

I'm sure this will be a great app but I can't get it working because I think the code is conflicting with an old currency app I had previously installed. Any assistance you could provide is greatly appreciated.

M-KAE

It's fine but it doesn't look so nice in the button of the site. It could be better integrated. Also i you have imessage businnes you can hit the button :-(

April 16, 2020

Hi M-KAE,

Thanks for your feedback. We continue to work on how the app can be better integrated. You can try using the popup layout for the recommendation to avoid conflict with the iMessage button.

Let us know if we can help with any other questions.

Matter Of Time

I had two shop languages just want to try it out how it works, I removed the chinese language and left with English one. But the selector at the bottom still display with 2 language options which shouldn't be, when I click chinese, it will end up going to a 404 page!

April 16, 2020

Hey Matter of Time,

We do not see the app installed on your store anymore. Feel free to update this review or reach out to Shopify Support if you face this issue again.

Previous 1