Geolocation

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

Price: Free

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Ellus & Krue

Location Australia

Hmm. So within shopify settings you set which countries you ship to. The issue with geolocation app is that it doesnt integrate with those settings. this means that customers located in countries that you do not ship to will see the geolcation selector pop up (when enabled) that says "we ship to your country" when in fact the merchant does not. The customer will only find out that you do not once they waste their time and proceed to checkout to then have the shopify settings inform them that you do not ship to their location. Then you get angry customer support requests asking "why say you do when you dont". It seems logical that the geolocation app should consider your shopify shipping settings relating to shipping locations before it shows information to the customer. This seems like a half cooked solution.

May 5, 2022

Geolocation will only ever show the popup for countries that you ship to. If this isn't happening to you please contact us and we can help you sort this out.

All Bamboo

Works fine for us, but there is no ability to customise the text. "Ship" is an American term - in the UK we say "deliver". Why can't we change that in the app?

shopany

Overall, the app is good, but the first thing I noticed is that the loading times have slowed down. For me, that's where most of the deductions come from.
The other thing that is not user-friendly at all is that the selection menu appears at the very bottom of the store page. On the one hand, not every user notices this and on the other hand, it is not adjustable, except for the position left, center or right. I would welcome it very much if there would be more setting options. For testing the app is OK, but I will not use the app currently, as long as certain changes and performance optimizations have not been made.

Cryptogram

I really like how the app works and detects where my customers are from. It integrates with the theme very well and detects the colors automatically. BUT, for me there is one thing that is missing. I can't change the text in the pop-up. My company sells services so we don't actually ship anything, but the pop-up says we do ship to a couple of countries, so this is confusing to our customers.

NEIGHBORHOOD ONLINE STORE

What is it in console ? Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'DOMWindow': The target origin provided ('https://geolocation-recommendations.shopifycloud.com') does not match the recipient window's origin ('https://*******').

December 3, 2021

Hi there, thanks for sending this through - we have fixed this issue and you should no longer see it happening.

K Everyday

How do we use Shopify's native multi-currency solution so customers can check out in their local currency?

October 21, 2021

Hi there, please follow these steps: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency/setup

La Miséto

For some reason, the popup doesn't appear on my site, is there a way i can fix this issue? Or can you help me with that?

October 12, 2021

The app will only provide a pop up recommendation when a customer is visiting from another country that you have enabled in your payments settings. If you are visiting from your home country, there is nothing to recommend since you are in the default location. When I browse from the United States for example, the pop up is working as expected: https://screenshot.click/12-17-qnuit-ct0a8.png

WHOSTHATshop

1/ The language button locates at the bottom is hard to discover, not user friendly. Please provide options of location, otherwise move it to the top near search button as most websites do.
2/ The pop up recommendation box is A/ does not make sense. non-english speakers will not understand the recommendation box instruction when first enter the website, if it is set to English. Vice versa, english speakers do not understand the instruction if set to non-english. Why not just display language options (write in their own language) for visitors to chose, simple and straight forward. B/ too big. please provide size options to match the website style. 3/ regarding the problem of pt 1, you may add a remark at the pop up box to tell customer there is a language option box at the footer so they can switch to other language whenever they need.

October 6, 2021

Thanks for your feedback! Firstly, recommendations appear in the visitors preferred language. E.g. if your site defaults to English but has German as an option, a native German speaker will see the recommendation to switch languages in German as well.

Secondly, your feedback around position of the selectors is valid. Because this app does not change your theme code, we are limited where we can place the selectors. We would suggest customizing your own selectors with the help of an expert to put them in the header: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-support-multiple-currencies

AB Crystal Collection

Wrong conversion in my shop
CAD to USD is wrong. when I change options in a sku the conversion changes as well

September 29, 2021

Hi there! I am looking at your products and I cannot see anything amiss with your prices. For example, your Personalized keychain (abcrystalcollection.com/products/keychain) is $29.99USD. The exchange rate to CAD is 1.294727, and your prices are rounded up to the nearest dollar. 29.99 * 1.294727 = $38.83, which is $39CAD after rounding. This is the CAD price on your website. If we can help you please don't hesitate t reach out! We appreciate your reviews and feedback.

ALEXANDRA DODDS

Would be great if you could make the text customisable on the pop up so we can personalise it. I am looking for alternatives as it's very abrupt & doesn't suit my store.

September 29, 2021

Thanks so much for your feedback. We will be looking at ways we can improve this in the future.

Previous 1 3 4