Geolocation

Geolocation

by Shopify

Boost global sales with language and currency recommendations

koldtec

Easy to install and did what it promised but has it's limitations. We still have customers checking out in USD when they should be in their native currency so clearly not everyone is seeing the notification or they are clicking it off because they haven't committed to a purchase when they first land on our site. I would give this 5 stars if the pop-up/notification bar could be activated again between the shopping cart and checkout stage.

Live Dodey Style

Brilliant App. gives my site a professional confidence ! thank you guys at shopify team , I wander if we have an app for the complete site translations with the same professionality .
i found it makes it easy for international marketing especially in those countries do not speak english as a mother language .

Painless home life

It seems to work well but please implement the automated currency selector depending on where the user is.

Cosmetic Supersize

La instale en mi tienda de shopify www.laferiadejulio.com me parece un servicio espectacular para mis clientes .
Todo lo que se le pueda poner al cliente para que navegue mas comodo y tranquilo, es espectacular . Al cliente le da confianza navegar en su idioma , viendo los precios en su moneda , lo hace sentirse en su casa .
!!!No dejes de usar esta aplicacion, le dara valor agregado a tu pagina !!

Super Duper Candle Company

Useful app. Works well from what I can see. Is customisable to an extent but would be great if you could use custom text.

Old Faithful Shop

Nice to finally see this added as a free option on Shopify and not something I have to pay another $120 a year for. Overall it's working fine for me. If you're having problems with adding this app you might want to check your theme's changelog as you might have to update to the latest version of your theme. This was the case for me. It's a headache but worth it.
I wish there was more customization for this app such as being able to change the wording used.
Finally, it would be nice if there was an option available to have currency set automatically based on location rather than requiring a pop-up or header box asking the customer if this is something they want. Arrive to the site from the US and get US currency automatically; arrive to the site from Canada and get Canadian currency automatically.

March 14, 2020

Hey Old Faithful Shop,

Thanks for your review. We are exploring giving more control on the content we show in the recommendation.

We do not provide an option to automatically set the default currency based on location because this may lead to problems with SEO and Google Merchant Center.

- Geolocation team

lesextravagantes

This app works fine and can be set up in seconds. However, it would be REALLY great to get the currency selector on top of the screen instead of the footer. Hope the team will update the code accordingly soon!

March 14, 2020

Hi lesextravagantes,

The reason we don't support selectors in the header is that header selectors often get hidden in the Menu option for mobile visitors. Instead, we offer the bar or popup which is much easier for buyers to find. Hope this helps.

- Geolocation team