Geolocation

Geolocation | Reviews

by Shopify

Boost global sales with country and language recommendations.

S’more’a’licious

This app is simple to set up and install. The only downside is not being able to customise the pop-up more. We would like to make it smaller and remove the flag.

August 5, 2021

Thanks for your review and your feedback! We include the flag on the popup because through testing we found including it converts buyers much higher than without it.

Victor De Rossa

It seems to work as intended. Not perfect app but good enough. I might need some better solution in the future, but for now its just fine.

February 16, 2021

Hi there Victor, if you're browsing your store from your home country and default language, then a recommendation won't be shown. If your customers from other countries are not seeing your recommendation however, our support team would be happy to take a look.

Virginia Stone®

Thank you so much for helping me with this issue, I appreciate it greatly! Simply doesn't work...it removed my $ and USD on product pages. It doesn't convert either to other currencies. Now my customers just see a confusing number and have no idea what currency it is... I would love to get help with this, thank you so much for offering! I have been trying to get assistance for weeks now. My platform is virginiastone.myshopify.com

February 16, 2021

Hi Virginia, thanks for reaching out to us with your review. It was a pleasure to work with you on getting your currency formatting fixed!

BK Beauty

Simple to setup. And works well! Would love to see support for International Domain forwarding (instead of just local currency/language toggling), now that the feature has been rolled out to all Shopify users.

koldtec

Easy to install and did what it promised but has it's limitations. We still have customers checking out in USD when they should be in their native currency so clearly not everyone is seeing the notification or they are clicking it off because they haven't committed to a purchase when they first land on our site. I would give this 5 stars if the pop-up/notification bar could be activated again between the shopping cart and checkout stage.

Live Dodey Style

Brilliant App. gives my site a professional confidence ! thank you guys at shopify team , I wander if we have an app for the complete site translations with the same professionality .
i found it makes it easy for international marketing especially in those countries do not speak english as a mother language .

Painless home life

It seems to work well but please implement the automated currency selector depending on where the user is.

Cosmetic Supersize

La instale en mi tienda de shopify www.laferiadejulio.com me parece un servicio espectacular para mis clientes .
Todo lo que se le pueda poner al cliente para que navegue mas comodo y tranquilo, es espectacular . Al cliente le da confianza navegar en su idioma , viendo los precios en su moneda , lo hace sentirse en su casa .
!!!No dejes de usar esta aplicacion, le dara valor agregado a tu pagina !!

Super Duper Candle Company

Useful app. Works well from what I can see. Is customisable to an extent but would be great if you could use custom text.

Old Faithful Shop

Nice to finally see this added as a free option on Shopify and not something I have to pay another $120 a year for. Overall it's working fine for me. If you're having problems with adding this app you might want to check your theme's changelog as you might have to update to the latest version of your theme. This was the case for me. It's a headache but worth it.
I wish there was more customization for this app such as being able to change the wording used.
Finally, it would be nice if there was an option available to have currency set automatically based on location rather than requiring a pop-up or header box asking the customer if this is something they want. Arrive to the site from the US and get US currency automatically; arrive to the site from Canada and get Canadian currency automatically.

March 14, 2020

Hey Old Faithful Shop,

Thanks for your review. We are exploring giving more control on the content we show in the recommendation.

We do not provide an option to automatically set the default currency based on location because this may lead to problems with SEO and Google Merchant Center.

- Geolocation team