Get more of your international visitors to make a purchase.
Provide a local experience
Offer visitors a custom shopping experience no matter where you’re located.
Set up quickly
Publish to your online store in minutes. No coding required.
The Geolocation app lets you recommend the best country and language for your visitors based on their browser preferences and location. These recommendations show up on your online store as a bar or popup, and fit seamlessly with your brand. Your visitors can also change their country and language anytime with selectors, which work with any theme. The country’s home currency is also surfaced in the recommendation and selectors.
- Let our visitors select their country and language.
- Give your visitors personalized recommendations based on the countries/regions they’ve enabled on their store.
- Automatically detect and match your online store’s theme colors.
- Preview before publishing on your online store.
- You must be selling in multiple languages and in multiple countries/regions that use Shopify Payments.
The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.
Most recent reviews
Gaia Orion Shop
I love the idea of the geolocation app but it has two major issues that confuse my customers:
1. The pop up is in English so French customers (for example) who do not speak English have no idea what that pop up is about and miss out on the opportunity to see my shop in Euros.
2. The currency switcher is impossible to find: at the bottom of the the home page, and only on the home page. It makes no sense, people will start wonderign about their currency once they are on product pages. How can we expect them to go back to the bottom of the home page to switch their currency. I would definitely re-install geolocation app if:
1. Especially if the currency switcher was visible at the top of the shop. 2. Additionally, it woudl be great if the pop up adapted its language to the location of the customers
Hi there, thanks for your feedback! Please feel free to contact us about how your customers are not seeing the pop up in their local language - this should not be happening. Provided you have French enabled as a language within your France market, even when visitors land on your English domain, the popup should appear in French.
Because Geolocation does not add any code into your theme, it's not possible for us to reliably place the selectors in the header of your page. You can continue to use the pop up recommendation, and have selectors built into your theme header directly: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-support-multiple-currencies
It says select your first country and location, I have already selected it but it doesn't work , Poor Service.
Hi there, can you please elaborate for us? You need to enable countries/regions in your Shopify Payments settings first.
Geolocation goes hand in hand with Shopify Markets. However, Shopify Markets is beta and isn't very efficient in performing and redirecting customers to their respective currency. It keeps bouncing back to default currency of store as customers shops from home page to collection page to products all the way to checkout. You also cant disable Shopify Markets to by pass this issue and pretty much stuck with the issue at the mercy of Shopify Devs until they fix it. Our store worked seamlessly when we were using a third party app to show various different currencies and redirection. The geolocation app also doesn't give you much option to pick the placement of the currency selector. You have left, right and centre, but the selector is all the way at the bottom of the website where no customer goes. Request was made to move the selector to either the menu or a floater to make it more visible but request was denied. These issues are costing us lots of $$ from international customers and you cant even disable them or use other apps to resolve it. Sucks to be a Plus member at the moment paying 2000$ a month with such glitchy features which are in beta. We also tried the pop up method where it asks customer if they would like to go to their local country website. However that pop up would not show up until 5 mins later. Shopify plus support team member told us to hire an expert dev to speed up website and it should fix the issue, we did that and the issue continues to remain. Thats one way of flushing 500$ down the toilet. Hope they fix these glitches asap.
Hi there, I am confident this is a setup issue that we can help you with. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll be happy to help.