Giftship

Giftship

by Gist Applications

Multiple Address Shipping, Gift Messages, Upsells, + Much More

Russell and Atwell

The headline is that ultimately my Giftship experience didn't work out. We initially really wanted to use it for the ability to add multiple addresses to a single order (a great feature) and writing gift messages for each one (also helpful) and delivering Festive orders after a certain date. However, the upside of adding these additional features was diluted by glitches - e.g. the additional address not always appearing (we had to resend and had consumer complaints), administrative frustrations (spotting a gift message became harder) and the anomaly that sales from Giftship 'split' orders were double-counted and thus we needed a manual-workaround to understand performance. Customer service from Giftship was mostly very helpful and I know they spent considerable time seeking to resolve the issues, and I have no idea as to whether the issues lay with the app, our store template or both...but ultimately the integration into our site was not resolved to our satisfaction and so ultimately we have removed the app. We are really disappointed to do this, just before the Xmas season.

Everyday Oil

We tried this app to help us with gift notes and wanted to see if we had any real need for multiple address shipping. In the end, we went in a different direction due to low-resolution images and camera icons istead of product images on the cart page. Support was excellent and let us know that this is due to Shopify checkout being locked down for security reasons. We also ran in challenges searching for the gift messages within Shipstation... both issues were specific to our company's needs, so definitely give Giftship a try if those aren't things your company cares about. They seem to really have the multiple ship option figured out! Again, super supportive team! Wish it was a better fit for us :)

September 23, 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is truly invaluable in helping us make Giftship a better tool for all merchants. We also appreciate the kind word about our support.

Many of our merchants use ShipStation for order fulfillment, and we have made sure that we are fully compatible with their service. Editing their templates to pass through Giftship's variables (such as gift messages, delivery dates, etc.) is possible and we have articles in our support center on how to achieve this. https://docs.giftship.app/article/editing-shipstation-packing-slips/

Thank you again for your feedback, it is greatly valued, and hopefully we can work together again!

Matthews 1812 House

*Updated to 3 stars, spoke to Zach, who explained I had spoken with the call center. He was knowledgable and helpful. Advised email as the best way to get quick support (creates a support ticket) rather than phone. Will stick with email going forward. Will update again after app has been running.

Original: So far the support stinks. Called to get phone support for a simple questions, was told I had to leave a message and someone would call me. I missed the return call, and the number they left me to call back took me to the SAME PHONE BANK, where I had to leave ANOTHER message. The woman I spoke to was snippy- "If you'll listen a moment I'll explain how this works". Let ME EXPLAIN To you- if I can't get a direct number to someone, your support is no good. Oh, and I was told several times I would be called back "At his earliest convenience". No regard for what we need. Haven't even gotten it installed yet and I'm annoyed. Bad start. I don't need a run around with snarky attitude. I would give it one star but I'm holding out for a better experience going forward.