Give & Grow Donations

Give & Grow Donations

by Pledgeling

Donate in minutes to 2MM+ nonprofits, increasing LTV & AOV

Deliciously Fit

Most of our customers round up their change to donate. But the reporting is claiming no one has donated. There's no available information online on how to fix this. Unfortunately I have had to disable it until we can hopefully find a fix.

August 13, 2020

Hi - unfortunately you did not complete the setup process, and that eventually caused the pending donations to be cancelled.

As part of the Give & Grow setup process, we ask for you to enter a store credit card that the donations can be charged to once they hit a preset threshold, such as $25. Until we have that, we are tallying donations based on your Shopify activity but don't have any funds to pay the charity.

After multiple attempts to contact you about the missing info (virtually daily emails during the month you had the app installed), and after a grace period, our system closed out all the pending donations. That is why you don't see any now. Those messages were titled "Urgent: Give & Grow donations" and read, in part: "… in order to process those donations, we need you to add a payment method (link). If you don't add a payment method by (date), we will be forced to cancel your donations and reset your Impact Calculator."

When you contacted our support team on August 12, our agent asked if you wanted to reactivate, but as of this writing, you haven't replied. Please reply to that ticket if you want to start up again, or hop on chat with our support team.

Tees For Bees

Whatever you do, DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP. When I tried to get proof of payments they couldn't produce proof for most of the payments they had processed! Only when I put pressure, they suddenly made one of the payments for me. I had to escalate to Shopify to get further information about the payments. The company charges you a transaction fee, over and above credit card fees, and then another $5 fee for every payment they make. US companies are paid with checks. I see there are many 5* reviews, I have to wonder if these stores have ever followed up requesting proof of payment.

August 13, 2020

As the merchant knows, we DID provide him with receipts and cancelled checks showing that we delivered the funds to his two charitable organizations. We provided the first check image on July 8, which was within 36 hours of his contacting our support desk, and we sent the receipt for the donation to a Canadian charity he was supporting immediately after we made it on July 10. Both of those were well before he contacted Shopify on July 20. Subsequently we provided the check image for the July 2020 check the day after it cleared our bank. We also sent him information tracking his transactions though to every charitable payout – this information is always available to the charity via our “Impact Hub” portal.

Pledgeling Foundation processes over $1m in charitable donations per month and, as required by the IRS, is audited annually, by a large US CPA firm. Their tests include verifying that net donations are distributed to the charities designated by the donors. We pay US nonprofits directly and follow up if there are ANY issues with the payout. We’re sorry this merchant was not happy with the product, since we do try to make giving easy for anyone on the Shopify platform.

SoSveglio.com

Bad customer service. I had an issue with the app. It took them 3 days to respond (didn’t help at all) I responded right away and then waited 2 more days with no response at all.i guess I’m deleting. Most apps I use Atleast respond if not fix the issue within a few hours.

August 13, 2020

Hi, we do see one query via an email to our support group on Sunday Feb 23, another thru Shopify on Monday Feb 24, and again via Shopify on Tuesday, Feb 25. Earlier you had contacted Shopify support, but they are not able to help with third-party apps like Give & Grow.

Our Give and Grow specialist did reply on Wednesday Feb 26 and you replied with screenshots. He followed up on the 28th asking if you wanted to provide access to your custom theme so he could troubleshoot (custom themes are frequently the source of problems). You replied "Lol no way I deleted the app." Our point is that we DID respond, if not promptly.

Sorry for the bad experience! We have since tripled the size of our support team and trained up additional people to help with Give & Grow.

This website is a DBA of Mr. John Carson Lester Jr & the TeleDistributors Call Center. Click the COG to the TOP LEFT to SWITCH between our MANY THEMES!

This app will not properly install in my Shopify store. It says "we are sorry but something went wrong."