Gleam Competitions

Engage your customers and grow sales with beautiful contests

Free plan available. External charges may apply.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

FloraNu

This app is a complete SCAM!!!! I signed up for the pro version which is a subscription charge of $49/mo. Then I get a bill for almost $200 USD for a month and it says on the bill "Up to $5000/mo of usage charges". I have NO idea how to set the maximum spend limit. I DO NOT want to be spending this much on this app. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Affray LLC

They keep downgrading the benefits to plans, AFTER you paid for them Originally you were able to list 20+ entry methods on the base tier, then they lowered it to 15, and NOW it is 10. AGAIN, AFTER YOU ALREADY PAID FOR IT.

May 26, 2022

Thanks for leaving a review! Theres no limits on the number of Actions that can be added to a campaign, the only limit we have is the number of times a repeat Action can be added (i.e. Follow on Twitter) and this limit changes depending on your plan - you can review this information freely on our pricing pages: https://gleam.io/pricing/competitions

Looking at your account I was able to see you added more than 10 Actions to your most recent campaign and the same number of repeat Actions as the first campaign you ran with us.

If you're having specific trouble adding more than 10 actions to a campaign then please shoot us a support ticket and we'd be happy to assist!

Meowfuns

Actually it is useless to my website. I installed it to post a giveaway, but it worked not well at all. It'll cost 158$ on my billing list.

October 23, 2021

Thanks for your review! I can see you've upgraded to an unnecessary Rewards plan alongside your Competitions one - just submit a support ticket and someone on the team will gladly help you rectify this problem and reverse the charges on your Shopify bill :)

Main Event Emblems

Wasted $39 to try the app for 8 minutes to realize it wasn't going to work. Once you start building a contest you realize there are several paid upgrades you need to do almost anything. Purchased one upgrade, realized I needed two more, thought this app was a good free choice and then found it would cost over $150 a month to do what I need. Disappointed I just wasted $39

July 31, 2021

Our refund policy covers cases like this, if you've upgraded but decide the app isn't for you before launching your campaign just submit a support ticket and we'll refund no questions asked!

Ninja Brand Inc

Lately, I have noticed on every competition I’ve tested out or have by trying to enter via your email, it says "login to your existing account (email address) has already been used to log in to Gleam. Please Login to your linked account: Facebook", and it causes quite the confusion, people are thinking someone has logged in with their info somewhere else and now it's some type of spam trying to acquire their Facebook login info. The app has a great overall potential, but having asked for opinions, I have been told if you are a customer who is trying to sign up for the competition and this is seen, that is a huge red flag and they are thinking that someone has figured out their password and logged in somewhere else, or at least that is the senses from those I’ve asked. I brought this to Gleam's attention only to find out it's one of their common issues, and their response is simply, "If you don't like how we handle this, you're welcome to find another app." This shows me they just really don't care... Talk about crappy customer service. All I'm asking is to find a better way to reduce confusion for a better understanding of what's happening. If you have all these people bringing up the same issue enough you have to put a clarification on your FAQ page, then that is probably an indication that you should find a way to improve the issue. But, hey, I'm just a customer... Who am I to dare have a concern about the product? I've never dealt with a developer that comes off acting like they could care less about your issues, like this. Decent app with some issues that could be worked on if they cared, but horrible customer service that shows they just don't care what you think as a customer.

April 16, 2019

We do this for security purposes to protect the entrants, since they can enter many different Gleam campaigns from different businesses.

Otherwise we risk allowing someone to login with Name + Email and having control over your social accounts.

Sure, it causes some friction but persisting login across all campaigns ends up increasing overall conversion rates for all customers.

Changing a mechanic this this wouldn't be trivial and we don't see any adverse impacts on conversion rates from doing so.

Sorry for the poor experience, I do believe we've attempted to resolve concerns over email quite a few times :)