Gleam Competitions

Gleam Competitions

by Gleam

Engage your customers and grow sales with beautiful contests

Marie Sharp's USA Company Store

The app is way passed it's prime, but worst of all, it will keep billing you even AFTER you cancel your plan or try to change it. Be careful of hundreds of dollars of unauthorized charges being billed ot your card on file.

January 19, 2021

Thanks for the feedback! The cancellation on the account was only performed today and our support did refund the current month for you :)

To avoid unwanted charges you can just cancel sooner or shoot us a support ticket.

Ninja Brand Inc

Lately, I have noticed on every competition I’ve tested out or have by trying to enter via your email, it says "login to your existing account (email address) has already been used to log in to Gleam. Please Login to your linked account: Facebook", and it causes quite the confusion, people are thinking someone has logged in with their info somewhere else and now it's some type of spam trying to acquire their Facebook login info. The app has a great overall potential, but having asked for opinions, I have been told if you are a customer who is trying to sign up for the competition and this is seen, that is a huge red flag and they are thinking that someone has figured out their password and logged in somewhere else, or at least that is the senses from those I’ve asked. I brought this to Gleam's attention only to find out it's one of their common issues, and their response is simply, "If you don't like how we handle this, you're welcome to find another app." This shows me they just really don't care... Talk about crappy customer service. All I'm asking is to find a better way to reduce confusion for a better understanding of what's happening. If you have all these people bringing up the same issue enough you have to put a clarification on your FAQ page, then that is probably an indication that you should find a way to improve the issue. But, hey, I'm just a customer... Who am I to dare have a concern about the product? I've never dealt with a developer that comes off acting like they could care less about your issues, like this. Decent app with some issues that could be worked on if they cared, but horrible customer service that shows they just don't care what you think as a customer.

April 16, 2019

We do this for security purposes to protect the entrants, since they can enter many different Gleam campaigns from different businesses.

Otherwise we risk allowing someone to login with Name + Email and having control over your social accounts.

Sure, it causes some friction but persisting login across all campaigns ends up increasing overall conversion rates for all customers.

Changing a mechanic this this wouldn't be trivial and we don't see any adverse impacts on conversion rates from doing so.

Sorry for the poor experience, I do believe we've attempted to resolve concerns over email quite a few times :)