GoAffpro ‑ Affiliate Marketing

Goaffpro - Easy affiliate and Influencer marketing

Free plan available

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

The Sense of Doubt

Location Germany

WARNING!! This app will cause you a headache. The app registers and allocates previous and non-affiliate sales to affilliates before they have even signed up! Then it is your problem to get in touch with the affiliate to inform them about this issue and to tell them that the sale was not made by their referral links and that it instead a cookie related issue from the app. Customer service answered very fast, but not really an enjoyable experience I'd say. Clear instructions on cookies and other tech related warnings should be mentioned up front!

June 3, 2022

Hi Aleandro

As clarified by the support email, this attribution was done by the admin having the affiliate's referral cookie in their browser. That is how every system does referral sale attribution.

By clicking on the referral links of the affiliate, your browser was "tagged" with their referral cookie for sale attribution and that is exactly how the attribution works for regular customers too.

I.e. customers click on the link -> referral cookies are set -> when they complete the purchase -> the sale attribution is done.

We can disable the admins from getting referral cookies set BUT that again prevents them from testing the system at will. So it is kind of like catch-22 situation for everyone.

So we have built some capabilities in the app
The system also gives you the ability to clear the browser cookies via noref links like

https://shop.thesenseofdoubt.com/?ref=noref , will clear all referral cookies

and/or you can easily manage the sales via the Sales page.

Finally, you can also set a shorter Cookie Duration for auto-expiration of cookies or perhaps just a simple "Remove tracking after order" toggle (which can be enabled in the Settings -> General Settings tab)

The app does explain this in the setup wizard when you set the app. Maybe we can add a feature to allow the users re-run the setup wizard to learn the referral system

Hope this misunderstanding does not sour our long term relationship.

Thanks and Regards
Anuj Tenani
CTO @ Goaffpro

A Pet Shop

I figured this app would be great to use for affiliate marketing and getting people to my store and buying. The problem started when I had my first referral and now I can't payout the person, the app itself shows all of these options to pay the affiliates, but only paypal is an option? Really? I tried to integrate it with paypal but nothing. I do not recommend this app and I will be uninstalling. I also wanted to point out there really was no guide in this app to help new users and I didn't know I had not set up a way to pay the affiliates.

April 24, 2022

Hi Nick

You were unable to payout as there was insufficient balance in your PayPal account. The same was reflected in the PayPal payment history page. You need to fund your paypal account with the payout amount + 0.25c (the paypal transaction fees) for the payout to succeed.

See the screenshot here

Also, the app also supports, Bank Transfer, Check etc. via Tipalti payouts. So if you want to payout via those modes, you can integrate Tipalti payout processor.

See https://i.imgur.com/Zdi5V1J.png

With regards to guides, we have a full documentation portal @ https://docs.goaffpro.com, a youtube channel with almost 300 videos @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo95DNTq0v3WDjqECo3eKWQ

All the videos are also embedded in the admin panel. The same can be easily seen in the admin panel as well.
See screenshots

Finally, if you need any help, you can contact me personally admin@goaffpro.com, and I will try to help in whatever ways we can

Anuj Tenani
CTO @ Goaffpro

JM Designs Oklahoma

Was hit with multiple spam affiliate accts. Now I don't trust this app at all. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

March 30, 2022

Hey

Please see if you had the marketplace option activated in the app (see marketplace option in the app sidebar). If you had activated it during the setup process, your program is listed on various affiliate marketplaces across the web, from where the affiliates can discover and join the program

Most likely you have received affiliate sign-ups from those directories

In any case, simply turning off the marketplace option delists the program and you can run your affiliate program privately

To note: Marketplace listing is an opt-in feature provided as a convenience to the merchants to quickly list their programs for traction.

Hope this clears away any confusion

P.S. Don't blame our service for this. The app did exactly how it was set :)

round21

This app gave affiliates access to my store that on a gated, locked page that caused thousands of dollars in losses.

July 29, 2021

Are you for real @Round21 ??

You installed the app on 28th January 2021. This was an explicit action. Apps just don't get installed on any store.

There is "locking" in the app, you can access the app from Shopify Admin panel -> Apps page.

Then you had explicitly set the app to automatically generate 15% discount codes for the affiliates. You had a few signups where the affiliates got the discount codes as set by you.

The affiliates then sent you customers, the customers used the discount code to make the purchase. Of course this is what was supposed to happen.

Once you removed the app, the discount codes were invalidated and no longer can be used.

In any case, if you don't want the customers sent by the affiliates, just cancel those orders.

Not only you are not paying the affiliates their earned commissions, it is unbelievable that you are angry because you got the sales. Wow!

HAUTTIEF

I do not trust this app. I sell exclusively in Germany and strangely enough the affiliate members are Chinese names that seem to have generated any sales in Germany.

Loti-shopKR

It couldn’t be worse.
It's been a week since I paid a fee of $24 a month, but no one joins the alliance. For other applications, 20 people joined immediately. I asked the developer about this, but he only answered me recklessly, and it seems that the market was not activated in the first place. Never download it.

May 29, 2021

Hi

If you are looking for overnight success, then the app/affiliate marketing is probably not the right way to go. It takes a while for the affiliates to develop trust in your store and products and then they will actually start joining and getting you sales

Since your website is just 9 days old (domain registered 21st May 2021), and currently has a very low domain rating score, give it some time before it's Domain rating improves and your program becomes more prominent

Our marketplace has vetted affiliates so you won't get fake or fraudulent registrations, only the interested affiliates and agencies

If you are a new store and are getting a lot of signups without advertising your affiliate program, that itself is a BIG RED FLAG. Be aware of coupon sites, cookie stuffers etc, which will claim your organic sales as referral sales.

Also, the marketplace is available on the free plan itself, so you don't have to pay if you are not running a private custom label program. So we don't see what the downside can be of such an approach

Attaching a screenshot of the email thread from customer support, where our rep has guided you correctly on how to grow your program and you can see, there is no "recklessness" or "rudeness" in the messages

Hoping this message clarifies any confusions or miscommunication

As always, we thank you for your support and patronage

Cat Janiga Jewelry

It's awful. doesn't track referred traffic and I'm assuming orders properly (impossible to tell at this point).
Asked for support and their response basically boiled down to "yeh its not working with your store, you should fix it"
Like what the actual eff?!?!
Obviously, this is potentially damaging relationships with my affiliates which is unacceptable. Not using this app and you shouldn't either. Period.

February 17, 2021

Hi

As mentioned in the email reply, there is an app/product variant which is causing automatic redirects of the URL's. So you will see the same problem with any tracking tool (since the URL is changed to something else)

Copy pasting the reply from earlier email
---------
Hi

Do you have any redirection (app or other setup) which redirects the product to it's first variant ? Do you have any product variation app in your store ? Your setup is currently redirecting every query parameter to the variant id (not just for the goaffpro app, but for other analytics too.)

eg. if you are running a facebook/google ad, with campaigns eg.

You will again not get the correct results, since if you notice, the URL is again redirected to the variant id and the utm_campaign parameter gets removed (just like the ?ref parameter gets removed)

For normal shopify stores, if you visit a URL like
OR

You will notice that the URL is not automatically changed. So, there is indeed an app/other configuration issue on your store which is causing this unintended redirect.

You should also connect with shopify customer support to know why the product page is redirected automatically to VARIANT ID query parameter URL.
--------

GMERCH

After installing the app, I keep receiving emails about Goaff Pro from India.
The emails say I am now "on a list to continue receiving future emails".
What in the heck is going on?

ShahAdvisor

guys make sure you read this before using this app , If there was the option of zero star, I Would definitely give this app and their team zero . The app has so many bugs , first of all you should know that if you are using checkout-x for your checkout page , The coupon code generated by this app will not work . so after 1 week using this app and then receiving negative feedbacks of my members , they told me that I can not use that with checkout X. so basically you might loose the trust of your affiliates when the code is not working ,they dont mention that since they want you to get the app and subscribe, and after that they will not mention until you ask . 24 hours after the first issue ,second issue showed up. the purchases from referral links are not getting recorded . means if your affiliate send the link to the referrals and they complete the purchase , the purchase will not be recorded and as a result , your affiliate thinks that you lied to them and you steal their commissions , as a result , you loose your members , be so much careful with this app since it might destroy your whole reputation as it did to me so far. now waiting for their response . update of review : There is no issue from me using checkout X for my shopify , I am aware of rules and aware of what I am doing , everything is in its place . I guess it is better for you guys as developer of this app to mention all details when someone want to use the details . I can provide details of how your support chat has responded to me when I defend my affiliate rights on getting their commissions . do not try to put the blame on me or checkout X or shopify . that is the issue for your app . I am asking why when my affiliate placing orders , it has not been tracked by your app and how they can get their commissions . and then your support replied there is issue with your app and they need to check and ask me to manually enter the details of those affiliates which did not get their commissions and raised the issue . basically if someone did not mention about their commissions and did not raise the issue , I do not need to do anything . a fabulous suggestion from your support team ,basically means we do not need pay their commissions if they do not mention anything . isnt that marvelous ? now you need to fix the issue of your app tracking the orders , otherwise you can clearly say that this app is not working . it is not about shopify or checkout X OPTION , IT IS ABOUT YOUR APP WHICH IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY . UPDATE : first of all I was not angry , I asked your support team about the issue and when they mentioned that i DO NOT NEED TO TAKE CARE OF OTHER MEMBERS WHICH ARE NOT RAISING THE ISSUE , I GOT angry . secondly I had no discussion with checkout X about this issue so far , and I am sure if i ask them they will definitely respond better than your support team and take responsibility . based on new rules if I uninstall checkout X which bring me thousands dollars sales , I am not able to install it back in 2021 , only old members like me can use the checkout X because we registered that in 2020. so basically this is one of those funny answers again. TO MENTION AGAIN , SINCE YOU ARE TRYING TO MISLEAD THE TOPIC , I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT COUPON CODE , I DEACTIVATE THE COUOPN CODE YESTERDAY SINCE YOU TOLD ME THAT IT IS NOT WORKING WITH CHECKOUT X .. TODAY WE HAVE OTHER ISSUE , WHY SOME OF THE ORDERS ARE BEING TRACKED BY YOUR APP AND SOME DO NOT. SO BASICALLY IT IS NOT CHECKOUT X ISSUE when some of them get their commissions and some not , that is obviously your app issue . so please do not take the topic on coupon code , that is already dealt with . I am asking why some of the orders are being tracked , and some are not . they all using the same method for checkout .... i need a clear answer , if your app is not working , why do you offer it in shopify app section ? better not be in the list and work properly rather than be there and damaging other businesses and their members trust on them . you need to raise your knowledge on it ,also raise your app functionalities . update ; so basically we go to the topic that this app is useless , also support team has no information about their own app . thanks we prefere to cancel our subscription before we get any more damaged by your app or your team from india and we will take the case to checkout X as well to see how they respond to what you have mentioned here . the funny part is when I asked your support team that why didnt you mention that it does not work with checkout X , THEY SAID THEY CAN NOT MENTION ANY OTHER APP SICNE THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED and now in this comment they are mentioning other app name here easily on public and they are destroying their public image as well. Thanks for your awesome, professional and knowledgable response !!!!!

January 3, 2021

Hi

Just to clarify, CheckoutX is a third party private checkout app (and not regular shopify checkout system). If you use a private app to customize your checkout, you are deliberately breaking Shopify's terms of conditions and because of this we cannot support this CheckoutX as the checkout system.

When you create this private app, you are warned multiple times by Shopify themselves. See below

Also see the "Play by rules" section of Shopify terms

We cannot support any store or app, which is deliberatly in violation of rules set by the shopify platform, as this puts us at risk of getting banned from the app store as well. And this has nothing to do with the app itself. If you use a shopify checkout or any shopify supported checkouts, the app works flawlessly.

Also, we understand that you are frustrated, but if you had followed the setup wizard which does the initial compatibility and tracking test, you would have known this right away.

Finally, we highly recommend that you get in touch with Shopify customer support and get explicit permission to use the CheckoutX system otherwise your shopify account may be at risk of getting suspended.

Thanks and Regards.

UPDATE:
We understand your anger, and I assure you the support rep will be appropriately dealt with. I just want to mention that these unsupported checkout apps are breaking trust between app developers and merchants.

A small request, try the app without CHECKOUT-X system and see if it works or not. If the app works with normal Shopify checkout system then you know where the fault is, isn't it.

If you need more confirmation, ask the CheckoutX team, why they are not on Shopify app store ? Because it is their system that is broken.

Coupon codes of affiliates are in your (Shopify discounts page -> GOAFFPRO app -> View discount codes), they work on Shopify checkout, but the don't work on CheckoutX checkout. Please ask CheckoutX, why is that ?

I feel like, you (or the CheckoutX team) are passing the blame onto us for which we have absolutely no control over. We cannot add custom scripts to track conversion in CheckoutX (since they are outside shopify ecosystem), which is required for conversion tracking.

One of the ways to do tracking in such scenarios, is to create a custom coupon code in Shopify and then assign this coupon code to the affiliate (just like the HAPPY10 coupon code you have). The system can read those coupon codes and and correctly assign the sales.

Also for past orders, if your affiliates can tell you the order numbers, you can assign those sales to them via Sales -> All sales tab -> create new sale manually option.

UPDATE #2 - The orders geting tracked are only the ones which the affiliate himself placed (using their own email address as customer). So in that case, the affiliate's usage of link does not matter as they are explicitly tagging the orders to themselves with their own email.

Zeta Drinks

He intentado volver al plan gratuito y no tienen ninguna opción para hacerlo. He intentado contactar con ellos en repetidas ocasiones por correo electrónico para solucionar este problema y no responden. Para cualquier otra consulta responden en 24 horas. Es una pena porque la aplicación es buena.
¿Al desistalar la aplicación pierdo todos los datos de mis afiliados? quiero seguir utilizándola pero en el plan gratuito

December 29, 2020

Hi

As stated earlier, Simply uninstalling the app cancels your subscription, you don't have to do anything else to cancel your plan

Update:

Data will not be deleted. Simple reinstall the app to continue with the free plan. Your affiliate data, sales etc does not get affected during a reinstall

Let us know if this works for you

Previous 1 3