Google Shopping

Google Shopping

by Shopify

Show products to interested customers across Google's Network.

Lighting Front

Absolutely the worst Google Shopping app. We installed this app after launching our site. Immediately our Merchant Center Account was suspended due to "policy violations:shopping add policies." After reviewing, Google states we are missing product data. How is this possible if Shopify has all Google fields populated? Contacted support and got generic support answers I could have got from Google. Two weeks after launch and we can't upload to Google and our Google Merchant account continues to be suspended. This just got uninstalled!! Don't waste your time on this app, unless you want your Google merchant account suspended for no reason!!!!

Eve Merch

Unfortunately, like many other people here who is complaining about their wasted time and energy... I feel the same and so I give up. Shopify gurus cannot help much either! It's hard as well to gamble with money placing ads ($5 a day for 30 days!) without seeing how the ads really looks like if I click publish when making a campaign. Why they don't make this easier for us? since we are going to pay for the ads anyway.

Kester's Canine Kiosk

Not good at all. Some people's stores will have products that this app will work fine on but for many this is useless. So many errors with no help to solve. Shopify help is useless with this app. The Shopify Academy training makes you think that this app just works and you get the desired result. Not true. A super-lazy effort on this app, on training in the academy and on support. Trying this Google Shopping App just wasted my valuable time trying to understand it and to make it work. I've uninstalled it and gotten Google Shopping Feed. Works much better and has software that fixes all the errors. Just check their support for how to use that software. Their support people know everything and will answer your email in less than an hour.

Cat Bandanas

This app gives Shopify OWNERSHIP of your product catalog and you CAN'T ACCESS IT YOURSELF or give others access.

This means you can't sync it to Instagram to tag products/etc, you can't use the product feed to advertise on Facebook (even though you can see it in your catalogs), and basically - you can't do anything with it except advertise on Google Shopping.

This means you'll need ANOTHER product feed app (like Flexify) on top of this - which defeats the whole purpose of this app. Just use Flexify instead and save yourself this hassle.

Momma's Love Baby Boutique

I was hoping this app would be a simple solution to putting my products on Google. It was not. It was nothing but a headache. I may not be tech savvy, but this app gave me nothing but error and is confusing to work with. I kept getting error messages from the Merchant Center on my products. The setup was not easy either. I don't recommend using this app. There are too many bugs.

Evolution Threads

My feed got messed up about a week ago and i still have not heard back from anyone on how to fix it. I've sent a few messages to support and heard nothing back, If you have a simple product feed this app may work fine but if you have 1000s of skus it seems to get messed up, plus it takes days for the feed to update which hurts when I have new product releases.

BOVA Coffee Co.

0 stars. every product I entered is literally disapproved except for one. i even went on google shopping fields and typed in the product identifiers as well as the age group and sex for the shirts i have and still disapproved. no clue.

September 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! While it is up to Google whether your products are approved there are some things we can check to see what may have happened here.

First of all, if your products don't have a GTIN you can set the to custom, which has been known to help with approvals. This page talks more about that - http://bit.ly/2ZRAK71.

I’ve followed up with you via email as well, to log your feedback for our development team and to chat about this further. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

CartridgeBuy.co.uk

Shame there is no 0 star option. This "app" literally does nothing please do not install it. You have to out input all your product data again for the app to work, when all other apps use the product information you have already entered.

You have to re-enter every product detail including GTIN, Category (no drop-down menu available to select from) everything.

It truly is awful, please do not use it.

September 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Google Shopping does require some specific details that aren't often included in products. This page talks about the few options that may need to be added to some products (http://bit.ly/2ZRAK71).

That being said we are always looking for ways to keep improving your experience on Shopify. And I would like to share your feedback with our development teams.

I’ve reached out to you via email so that we can continue to discuss your experience. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Craft Making Shop

There were so many errors with my product feed that my Merchant Center account was immediately suspended. Suspended! This app really is as bad as the other 1-star reviews, I'm so shocked it was created by Shopify.

The app pulled data from all of the wrong fields and there is absolutely no way to check why or how that happened. Not to mention, if you do make a mistake on your own data entry there's no way to resend the feed once you make corrections - especially not if your account's been suspended! There's like no functionality or action buttons in the app. Just a connection that you have to trust is working.

It didn't pull the SEO data as requested, but instead sent the super long descriptions on my website that had html coding, etc. Really weird.

So, I found myself waiting for Shopify's tech team to research the errors while also waiting for Google to respond to my request for reinstatement - but in reality I had no improvements or answers for Google in order to explain why my product feed was so poorly done!

August 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for the context you have provided on the problems that you've had. I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience with the Google Shopping app and can appreciate the frustration you must've felt with your account being suspended as a result.

You mentioned that you had been in touch with our technical team and I hope that they have been able to help in some way with this problem. I will be sending you an email shortly to touch base and see where you're at with the situation. Please keep an eye out for my email and I look forward to hearing back from you. -Victor, Shopify Support

MSG Bike Gear

I will say it does its job of submitting products to google merchant centre.... however, that is as far as I can say as for how good the app is.

Easy to filter through google shopping fields? No. One at a time or not at all.
Easy to find your products based on the google shopping ID? No.
Download a .csv or excel file of the google shopping feed, and reimport to update the google shopping fields? No.

These are all simple, and obvious tasks, and without the ability to carry these out it is extremely difficult for high-number-of-products stores like ours!

August 21, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We appreciate hearing about how we could work to improve the options in apps like Google Shopping.

I'd like to take this to our development team, as well as chat further to discuss any other details you have to share about your experience. I’ve reached out to you via email, hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 35 36