Google Shopping

Google Shopping

by Shopify

Show products to interested customers across Google's Network.

Rbafaro Store

I have had a lot of problems with this app. I installed it recently and I launched a campaign which is automated of course. However, after the products were approved and the campaign started running there was no information on the admin panel about the amount of ad spend. Then when I went to another app called ROI Hunter, on the google ads section of the app it said that I had already spent over $20.00. I am afraid to use this app because the admin panel says there is no ad spend and no activity and then later on I find out that I have in fact spend money on ads. I also had a lot of trouble with messages popping up saying that my shipping rates were not properly set up and that I had to include a range of shipping rates. I wanted to set up one standard free shipping rate for all products in my store.

September 12, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with setting up and using the Google Shopping app, especially in regard to the billing for your ads. In terms of your shipping set up, Google does require specific shipping settings to be in place in order to use the app. This link (http://bit.ly/2LOcskd) helps explain these requirements in more detail.

In order to look into this further and help investigate the billing on your account, as well as the shipping set up, I'm going to reach out to you via email. Please reply directly to my email once you receive it and I'll be glad to assist further. I look forward to hearing back from you! - Rae, Shopify Support

icandiy

Google shopping product feed failed to post, I don't know why.The newly added items cannot be synchronized to the Google shopping app.

September 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this review with us!

There are a few possible reasons your products haven't appeared. Google Shopping products are subject to a review by Google, and there are also a few requirements for the channel to work, which you can find here (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/apps/apps-by-shopify/google-shopping-app/requirements). You will want to make sure that you products are set to be available on the channel too.

I’ve reached out to you via email, so that we can continue looking into this. I look forward to speaking with you soon. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

StarDust Cremation Jewelry

no problem installing or running the app, easy no issues. Not being able to set your ads is the biggest problem with this app. You are not setting your keywords, pictures or what it says. I see my ads all the time and they look like crap. It will flash whichever picture for the product without any explanation on what it is. In proper google ads, my keyword is about 1.80 per click. In this campaign, my rate is 0.11 per click. Also the bounce rate is way high, so this app actually hurts my shop standing with google

August 6, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for providing this feedback. I can appreciate why the lack of flexibility with regards to keywords and images is restrictive, and how this has had a negative impact on your ratio of keywords to clicks.

We are always seeking to improve the apps we offer, and feedback such as this plays a big part in how we enhance the functionality of these apps over time. I will be submitting your feedback to our development team for their consideration, so thank you again for explaining the issues you've had with the app in a detailed manner. -Victor, Shopify Support

Abox.nz

Data feeds expire in Google Merchant Center and the app didn't renew the feed at all. Not good. I saw a lot of complaints about this online. Why don't you fix it ?

May 24, 2019

Hi, there. Your feedback is valuable and will help us improve the platform and apps so we thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

Google does currently have a limitation where if a product is not updated within 30 days, it expires. The Google Shopping app should update your product before this timeframe so products should not expire. If for any reason it does expire, you can contact Shopify Support and our team can assist further!

I’ve followed up with you via email in case you needed any further assistance on this. Hope to hear from you soon!

- Alex, Shopify Support

Hojicha Co.

Only allowed me to create a product feed for Canada, so I manually created product feeds for every country in Merchant Center. Then the app re-submitted products that were already active, messing up all my Google Ads campaigns.

March 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. This is actually expected behaviour as you can only target one country (determined by the currency in which your Shopify account is set to.) with the Google Shopping app. We’re always working to improve the way our apps work, so I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team. -Emma, Shopify Support

Sherwood Tractor

Incredibly clunky and time consuming. Pretty disappointed in Shopify for not putting any actual effort into this and making it a functional app.

June 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! Shopify works hard to ensure that our apps have an efficient workflow and meet the needs of our merchants. Our support team is available 24/7 for any issues you experience with our platform. That said, I’ve reached out to you via email so we can dig into the specific concerns you have and log this feedback with our developers. I hope to hear from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

suitmascotas

No entiendo porque han rechazado los productos para mi campaña lo hacen todo super complicado menos para tomar datos de pago eso si lo hacen facil, no es mas que una forma de sacarte el dinero

House of Kings Co.

Stayed in sync made never finished syncing had to uninstall. Never moved for weeks after retrying. Maybe you will have better luck. Let me know if you figure it out @jdroyalty

Family Pastimes Cooperative Games

2 stars, 1 for app to-date, 1 for the future in case it improves.

Product Approval: More than 10 business days, I'm at about 17 business days with only "Pending" for 125 products.

Campaign Mystery: In anticipation of pending product approval, I set up a simple campaign to begin in January. I did make a mistake, I inadvertantly clicked Start Campaign, but I'm glad I did as it raised more questions.

Mystery Campaign: Somehow, with no products, a campaign I couldn't see began. Days later, with no noticeable change in traffic, I have a report claiming to have caused impressions, even 5 Add to Cart, but no corresponding sales activity and --no abandoned carts!-- Alert!!

So I stopped the "campaign" but there is no way to truly stop it, it reflects as "paused" no matter what you do, including "cancel"

So it asked for feedback, and I provided, but there was no submit button or dialogue box on the feedback form, the only thing you could do was click the X in the upper right hand corner, which typically means cancel & submits no information. It's all there was, so to be rid of it I clicked it, and it tried to sell me feedback forms....

To date this app is EXTREMELY questionable. I'll uninstall it soon if there are no product approvals, and the campaign report I had did not reflect reality. To report that I had visitors adding to cart because of the app, but no sales or abandoned carts is unsettling.

Jewelove™

The app needs to have an option of selecting which variants a merchant wants to publish to Google Shopping product listing ads. It is a very common scenario where a merchant may not want to publish all variants of a product to Google Shopping. Currently there is no workaround & that means wasted marketing dollars.

Previous 1 3