Google Shopping

Google Shopping

by Shopify

Show products to interested customers across Google's Network.

Fornecedor.pt

The support service came to me to help me understand my past issues. The app is not fantastic but it works.

August 12, 2019

Thank you for leaving your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience whilst using the Google Shopping app. I'd be interested to hear in more detail what it was you found difficult during set up, and if there's anything I can advise that will help you use the app moving forward. I will be sending you an email shortly so please look out for that and send me a reply if you're interested in trying the app again. -Victor, Shopify Support

Handes of a Woman

Note: Most recent update is at the end.

Installation in progress; 3 stars because I don't have an app opinion yet. There are some technical issues being sorted out by gurus and technical team. Support team is responsive, helpful and interested in finding solutions so they get 5 stars. Thanks to Jam, Paulo, Megan, Nicole for all your help. We will see what happens next.

Update: Today 7-20-19 I started Google Shopping on my Etsy shop and tonight my products are getting impressions. If Etsy can do it, so can you Shopify. What are they doing differently than you? I know you can figure it out!

7-22-19 Aoh'an from the technical group sent email today with instructions and a bit of code to add to my theme to fix the problem. The problem has been identified and a solution offered. Well done. Thank you, Aoh'an. I will check with Mile High to ask for help. Let's see what happens next.

7-22-19 pm Mile High is engaged and collecting information; re-check of products available for google shopping has changed from 'not-approved' to 'pending'

7-23-19 in my launch group for google some products now approved, some pending, none rejected. Now we're talkin'.

7-23-19 It is the considered opinion of the technical staff and theme developer that no intervention is required on my Showtime theme and that the warnings were of no consequence. The approved products are showing up now on google searches. So I am going to call it a day on installation.

Revue is now at 3 stars for the app; 5 stars for Shopify gurus and technical, Mile High theme developer. We will see how she runs. Thank you everyone, job well done.
7-25-19 All products in test group are now approved and show up on a targeted search; now we can evaluate the function of the app. Impressions are delivering based on the report. Thanks to all those who helped get this thing going. Let's see what happens.
7-26-19 App seems to be running. 625 Impressions, 1 site visit, $1.54 in charges. A click seems to take the customer to a staging area where a second click is required to take them to the product web page. My understanding was that a paid-for click took a customer to my product web page. Inquiry sent to the gurus for clarification.
7-30-2019 Gurus have confirmed that indeed, Google Shopping has me paying for clicks that go nowhere. This information was not in the app information so my expectations were in no way managed on this. It is too soon to say if the now very expensive cost of a click is worth it. Update: Ira sent new docs that show the information on charges-new for clicks-that-go-nowhere to be on the google shopping copy. I recommend that Shopify clarify this in their app copy as well. I have been assured that there is no additional charge for the click that actually DOES go to the website product page. I am surprised that all the bad reviews I read here did not mention all of this. I plan to let this run until the end of August to see if the expense is worth it. Right now I am being charged $2.36/website visit, have had 2695 impressions, 12 visits and 1 sale. Analytics do NOT report the number of clicks for which I am paying, only visits. Start was 7-13-19, 17 days, but the app was not running until around 7-23-19 so really more like 7 days. See you on the flip side.

9-4-19 We are currently at 4 stars for the app and product. We are getting traffic and sales, but it is a very expensive product for us smalls. Getting it up and running was not very funny, so be ready for a process. We are keeping it going, but reducing to just advertising our best seller for the next phase of testing. Support still stands at 5 stars.

BLittle's

Support did reply slow.A lot of problems must be solved myself,doesn''t support use SKU as product ID in feed.Otherwise not as bad as feedback shown.

Bella Bohemian

So far so good, the app does what it's supposed to do although it required understanding a bit of detail from Google's [policy] side of things and then set up each product individually with various properties (not automatic in my experience). Wonder if the app will also work with ~ Actions?

Zhizhen

Good App! It makes my shop raise the sell,
This plugin works great and he can improve my store conversions. However, we need more guidance and learning to do quick operations.

Beewik-Shop

Bonjour,

Nous utilisons cette application pour notre boutique de pièces détachées de rechange de tondeuse et motoculture https://www.beewik-shop.com un peu compliqué au niveau du réglage des commandes et inserer des marques comme sthil husqvarna mtd brigg et Statton honda

Educational Toys

We have doubled our sales from Google ads using this app. You do need to manage it and we have excluded some products that were getting too many hits but no sales. This is easy to do. We also tend to exclude low value sales items.

Deff Audio

Works great just wish I could make the Google shopping product id match my sku instead of that huge shopify id.

All the people with 1 star review really need to learn how to follow instructions. And email support was quick and friendly although I did solve my own issue as to why my feed was stuck in pedning which was in the merchant center feed section I didn't have shopping actions check marked

SimpleRoute Bridal

Created a campaign 3 days ago - Will update once I start receiving impressions/clicks. Very easy to setup!

Bonsai Tree (Pty) Ltd.

My impressions so far is that it works well. What I especially like is that it seems to generate a lot of first time customers for me and this is really great for future sales possibilities. It was fairly easy to setup. It would be nice if there was a little easier way to edit SKU's google shopping details other than going through it one by one.

Previous 1