Google channel

Google channel

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

BOVA Coffee Co.

0 stars. every product I entered is literally disapproved except for one. i even went on google shopping fields and typed in the product identifiers as well as the age group and sex for the shirts i have and still disapproved. no clue.

September 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! While it is up to Google whether your products are approved there are some things we can check to see what may have happened here.

First of all, if your products don't have a GTIN you can set the to custom, which has been known to help with approvals. This page talks more about that - http://bit.ly/2ZRAK71.

I’ve followed up with you via email as well, to log your feedback for our development team and to chat about this further. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

CartridgeBuy.co.uk

Shame there is no 0 star option. This "app" literally does nothing please do not install it. You have to out input all your product data again for the app to work, when all other apps use the product information you have already entered.

You have to re-enter every product detail including GTIN, Category (no drop-down menu available to select from) everything.

It truly is awful, please do not use it.

September 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Google Shopping does require some specific details that aren't often included in products. This page talks about the few options that may need to be added to some products (http://bit.ly/2ZRAK71).

That being said we are always looking for ways to keep improving your experience on Shopify. And I would like to share your feedback with our development teams.

I’ve reached out to you via email so that we can continue to discuss your experience. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

icandiy

Google shopping product feed failed to post, I don't know why.The newly added items cannot be synchronized to the Google shopping app.

September 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this review with us!

There are a few possible reasons your products haven't appeared. Google Shopping products are subject to a review by Google, and there are also a few requirements for the channel to work, which you can find here (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/apps/apps-by-shopify/google-shopping-app/requirements). You will want to make sure that you products are set to be available on the channel too.

I’ve reached out to you via email, so that we can continue looking into this. I look forward to speaking with you soon. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Craft Making Shop

There were so many errors with my product feed that my Merchant Center account was immediately suspended. Suspended! This app really is as bad as the other 1-star reviews, I'm so shocked it was created by Shopify.

The app pulled data from all of the wrong fields and there is absolutely no way to check why or how that happened. Not to mention, if you do make a mistake on your own data entry there's no way to resend the feed once you make corrections - especially not if your account's been suspended! There's like no functionality or action buttons in the app. Just a connection that you have to trust is working.

It didn't pull the SEO data as requested, but instead sent the super long descriptions on my website that had html coding, etc. Really weird.

So, I found myself waiting for Shopify's tech team to research the errors while also waiting for Google to respond to my request for reinstatement - but in reality I had no improvements or answers for Google in order to explain why my product feed was so poorly done!

August 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for the context you have provided on the problems that you've had. I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience with the Google Shopping app and can appreciate the frustration you must've felt with your account being suspended as a result.

You mentioned that you had been in touch with our technical team and I hope that they have been able to help in some way with this problem. I will be sending you an email shortly to touch base and see where you're at with the situation. Please keep an eye out for my email and I look forward to hearing back from you. -Victor, Shopify Support

FunkyTradition

Google Shopping App is the Best Marketing App so far on Shopify. Very easy to set up and good results.

YMUSIC LIFE

People, the app WORKS. Just you have to be patient and the errors you might have. The delay is from google, not from shopify.

MSG Bike Gear

I will say it does its job of submitting products to google merchant centre.... however, that is as far as I can say as for how good the app is.

Easy to filter through google shopping fields? No. One at a time or not at all.
Easy to find your products based on the google shopping ID? No.
Download a .csv or excel file of the google shopping feed, and reimport to update the google shopping fields? No.

These are all simple, and obvious tasks, and without the ability to carry these out it is extremely difficult for high-number-of-products stores like ours!

August 21, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We appreciate hearing about how we could work to improve the options in apps like Google Shopping.

I'd like to take this to our development team, as well as chat further to discuss any other details you have to share about your experience. I’ve reached out to you via email, hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Hayagi

Good one & must have...strongly recommend to all Shopify stores. You will get to know the issues & can rectify..

BelDisegno

It's getting better and better!
Now, I getting daily sales from google shopping with good conversion rate.

Shoppinn Paradize

I have been using this app since Oct 2018 with some success to around Apr 2019 when I increased my ad spend to $10 per day and my sales basically dried up. I reduced back to 5$ per day and got a few sales but not the success I had earlier and now this app has not generated a sale in over a week!! Am I missing something ....Have there been a change update to this app? I like the simplicity of this app and will be so disappointed to have to find another app.