Google channel

Google channel

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Trucklumi.eu

Pointless as doesn't work for the UK. Google is everywhere and should cater to everywhere! from https://www.trucklumi.eu

March 31, 2019

Hello! The Google Shopping app is actually available for our merchants in the UK. I've followed up with you via email to make sure that we can get your questions/concerns addressed! Hope to hear back from you soon. -Emma, Shopify Support

MLC Co.

I have been trying to run an ad for 29 days. I was hoping to also get the $25 credit for using their services, but because they couldn't get their app to work I am no longer eligible for the credit. It says it takes 3-5 business days to approve a product/ad, I'm considerably outside of this time frame. I would just like my ad to show up on Google.

March 27, 2019

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience with the Google Shopping app. I've reached out to you via email to see if we can troubleshoot together and get this app working for your business! I hope to hear back from you. -Emma, Shopify Support

Green Trading

Great app. If you know how to use this. This app will create automatic google feed which you can use for google shopping. So easy and useful. Highly recommend to all. You can get more help from Google staff and its easy for them as well when you use this app to creat a feed. Somehow it still shows pending status on app but google has confirmed that all products are listed. Something they need to see why it shows pending but in fact its already been approved. Other than that all good.

Hojicha Co.

Only allowed me to create a product feed for Canada, so I manually created product feeds for every country in Merchant Center. Then the app re-submitted products that were already active, messing up all my Google Ads campaigns.

March 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. This is actually expected behaviour as you can only target one country (determined by the currency in which your Shopify account is set to.) with the Google Shopping app. We’re always working to improve the way our apps work, so I’ve followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team. -Emma, Shopify Support

229 Design Shop

Never worked, products stuck in pending and there is a notification that is could take Google 10 days to review but Google support said the products never made it to them. Started a campaign somehow, wasted a bunch of money on who knows what it was advertising.

March 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we truly value your opinion and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us here so that we can make any necessary improvements.
I’ve followed up with you via email so that we can discuss this further and I can then share your feedback to our development team. Hope to hear from you soon! - Emma, Shopify Support

DWCTEK

I am using this app at the present time. Easy to install and easy to use. However, I am really hating this app because it does not work to well in terms of adding and populating products to my webstore. The products that I add keep getting stuck in 'Pending' limbo status as I like to term it; and staying in that 'Pending' status. I am hating this because this 'Google Shopping' app is not coordinated and not in sync with my 'Google Merchant' and 'Google AdWords' accounts. My products are already approved with my said accounts with Google yet they are still in pending status with my 'Google Shopping'. Why do I bother?

June 7, 2019

Thank you for providing us with feedback on the Google Shopping app! If you ever see your products showing as approved in your Google Merchant Center but indicating pending in the Google Shopping app, that is a great time to contact Shopify Support as our technical team can assist with a status sync to update the Google Shopping app.

Having said this, I have sent you an email to see if there is anything I can assist with. Hope to connect soon!

- Alex, Shopify Support

D40Studio

Installing this app is the worst thing one can do to his/her online shop. It is inexcusable that this app is provided by Shopify and there is a complete lack of support in dealing with all the issues created by the app. The only support I received was to be directed to Google support. If you have the "unsupported version" of this app, keep it. To save yourself frustrations and money, do not install the new one.

June 7, 2019

Hi there, thank you for providing us with feedback on Google Shopping! I'm sorry you didn't receive the level of support you needed when using this app so I have sent along an email to collect your feedback and provide further assistance on this. - JP, Shopify Support

ElasticWaxCenter

Terrible Terrible Terrible!!! Customer Service is the absolute worst. Nobody helps, all they tell you is to wait and wait. It's been over a month my products have been pending. This is ridiculous!

June 7, 2019

Thank you for providing us with feedback on the Google Shopping app! Products being stuck in the pending state for over the 10 day estimated timeframe can be quite frustrating. Google needs to review each product variant individually and Shopify has very little control the time frame. Our team is always looking at ways on improving the functionality of our apps your feedback is much appreciated!

- Alex, Shopify Support

The Better Dressed Traveler

As with most people's experience with this awful app, it is an example of technical incompetence and lack of communication at all levels. Use Google Merchant directly avoid this middleman!

June 7, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us on the Google Shopping app. Our development team is constantly working to improve the functionality of the app. We have made many improvements since the time of your review so hopefully they were able to help with some of the issues you were having.

Having said that, I've emailed you to see if we can look into specifics on what you were having trouble with as well as find ways to improve the app. I look forward to connecting with you!

- Alex, Shopify Support.

Hello Sachi

All products stuck in pending, it never worked for the store. Google actually suspended my merchant account because of this.

June 7, 2019

Hi there, I just want to say thank you for sharing this feedback with us. And I'm sorry to hear your account was suspended, I'll personally email you about this to see if I can help out. From what you have mentioned above, I believe this might have occurred if some specific information was missing on your products. I'm going to discuss this more on the email. Thank you.

Niall, Shopify Support.