Google channel

Google channel

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Unearthedstore

Absolutely awful. I received an email stating I must switch over from the Google Shopping App (which was working just fine), to the Google Shopping Channel by the end of January because it would be deleted. I contacted the gurus to voice my concerns from all the terrible reviews this was receiving. They insisted everything would be "just fine" and would work "without issues".

Because the transition was listed as mandatory, I went ahead at the advice of the gurus. The transition forces you to delete the Google Shopping App to continue. As soon as I did, all of my products went from approved to "Pending". It gave me a message saying it would take at least 3 days for Google to approve my products, even though it EXPLICITLY says in the Google Shopping Channel promotional information "Skip the 3 day Merchant Center Account approval process."

I immediately contacted the gurus about this and was informed that "hmmm that's strange." and "We aren't sure what's going on." They even indicated I had completed all the transition steps as necessary and it was still having issues.

It has already been a day and a half and still no word on my open ticket. This is a joke. I am extremely disappointed that Shopify would force this transition on its customers when it clearly isn't ready to be out of the testing phase.

Bethrichards

Just awful. The old app worked just fine. Now I get all kids of errors and restrictions in the name of making things "easier". Bring back the old app so I can sell in Canadian currency.

Urban Society Clothing

Make this available to EU! I now can't use this platform after removing the old version meaning I am loosing out on many sales! Another reason why I am going to be leaving Shopify. Terrible that it is only available to the US!

Big Texas Beef Jerky

No EU support, so I cant use it. :(

Cutestop

A poorly integrated application with minimal control, that only does a mediocre job.
Unfortunately at the moment this is the only comment I can make on this application.

Otakujang

So I have been using the original google shopping app for long time and without any issues and last few months, I was told that the app I'm using will be discontinued (maybe end of january?). Was told that the original app had too many issues so that is why they are moving to this app. But seems this app has more issues then the previous one and the reason why the first one has issues is that many shopifiers using the app does not know how to bulk edit to comply with google standards. And also talking with google, they are able to override certain errors that show up on shopify. So this clearly unfair to take away the old app for customers who know how to workaround it . I carry roughly 350k items so if it's been working for me for few years then it has to be mostly user error and not the app. I have so many items that percentage of error is higher then most , but mangaed to get it too work. So this review is basically stating to keep the old shopify app. It's quite unfair to just abandon something that was working because so many were not able to workaround the issues and just give up.

Notre

Terrible app. Beta tested this and was told there would be quick iteration. I told them it needed the full category list and bulk editing months ago.

Cannot believe this is out of beta and they are recommending other customers use it.

Shopify can be lazy but putting this out is practically negligent.

Seems to be a complete misunderstanding of how the Merchant Center is actually used - the approvals process demonstrates this. If the UPC code matches, they will list it as approved even if it lacks a category, age and gender. Yes, that might technically be approved but you can't use it an ad.

Cruising Outfitters

I was using the app until it was suggested to upgrade to the shopping channel. Big mistake. Lost all momentum. Sales are down. Shopify gurus can't seem to fix errors that keep happening over and over. Also sending the wrong shipping pricing to Google! Giving the highest priced shipping method. The gurus do not sound like they understand what is happening. Very disappointed. Thinking of trying a different Google Shopping App.

Legend Age Lipsticks

Why is it only available for shops selling in USD?

Bootstrapfarmer

No customization of description field which if you have content on your product page means you cant upload to google shopping. Also many options are removed. This app should have never made it out of a beta environment.