Google channel

Google channel

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Bootstrapfarmer

No customization of description field which if you have content on your product page means you cant upload to google shopping. Also many options are removed. This app should have never made it out of a beta environment.

Cali Strong

I got an email saying "Switch to the new Google Shopping channel before Jan 31, 2018"

This upgrading just wrecked my store selling on Google Shopping and ruined my Facebook Product Catalogs.

It only has a few Generic Google Product Categories. From the total 5,405 Google Product Categories, you get a drop list of only 14 choices and "OTHER."

14 out of 5,000? NUTS!

When I upgraded, it lost the Product Categories, Gender, and Age for over 1,000 products.

I have over 1,000 products with no way to bulk update. I have to update and save each product one by one in a web browser.

Image the downtime, lost sales and labor cost!!! No bulk edit. No CSV edit. Nothing.

I am ruined.

This thing is not anywhere near being functional for any type of business.

It is like it was made by people with no idea who uses it and what it is used for.

The FOUR MOST IMPORTANT parts of any Google Shopping Feed
1. The Product Category
2. A unique Product UPC Code or Manufacturer Part Number or SKU
3. Shopping campaign labels
4. Bulk Edit critical values

With out those four features, you got nothing that will work for anyone.

Kufuku Com

Very very sad that you cant use this application in Europe!

Graham Global Commerce

Did not include the capability to specify the product group category when you fall into the "other" category. My products are being tossed into random categories. Guru's have not idea out the new product worked, what the old one did, nor understood how the feeds for merchant center worked Once you move to the channel..you can't go back.. Email sent out by shopify gives feel it is a mature product and you are getting the opportunity to cut over early. For such an important revenue stream...sure seems like a sloppy rollout. I've been with Shopify for a while and pretty surprised. I would think that the email they sent would be very clear about these risks...and that Shopify would provide the ability to go back to the older app if needed. curtis

Board Gamer Store

Cannot use with EUR. USD only.

Stone Bull Fight Club

Just awful. App doesnt work at all and shopify support has been 100% useless.

Shobble

this app gave me cancer. avoid at all costs.

Stcw

DO NOT UPDATE! Downloading this new app version and deleting our old Google Shopping app was a huge mistake. I have since had to disconnect the account and try to get our feed going another way because this app is so awful!!

Vcnydev

Terrible soultion by Shopify. DO NOT UPGRADE from the old app. Lost all my custom columns and work that was done for age, product category, gender....
Need a solution to edit these in bulk.
Missing most product types

Sockgeek

Horrible horrible. Much worse than the old app. DO NOT USE if you have products with variants. Variants don't matter. Only the core product matters.