Google channel

Google channel

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Essential Wellness

It broke my Google Shopping experience.

We are forced to upgrade, then it goes ahead and doesn't work.

As I use a multi-client Google Merchant Centre this app isn't supported, even though the old one was.

I'm literally at a loss as to how this could have happened. At the very least you'd think they'd include the same functionality as the old app.

Gellak.dk

This app is SO Bad. I regret greatly that i removed the old version of Google Shopping. Shopify is no help either.

You can't search for products in Google Shopping app and you can't search for categories. :/

Lucius Atelier

Well, there is definitely plenty of room for app improvement. For instance, better tooltips or links to explain the configuration of google shopping fields.

Evilhairstore

Google product category doesnt get inserted into generated feeds. Not via Google Shopping app, not via custom generated XML and not via Kit Product feed for Facebook.

Tried:
{{ GoogleProductCategory | replace: '&', '&' }}

{{ product.metafields.google.google_product_type | escape }}

Leverage Printing

The old connector app worked well to submit products to the merchant center. This new app is an absolute pain to get working correctly and doesn't provide any advanced features for experienced marketers. Much worse than the previous version

Sayeghde

Google Inc. Is a fraudulent company through ads. I do not recommend anyone submitting my ads in Google

Vera Joyeros

Can't use the app because my store does not "Use a supported currency", i'm currently using COP (Colombian Peso)

Spiritclothingireland

Very happy with the install and set up process, I got 90 or so disapproved Items but was able to edit and products were then approved.

Small issue that I cannot set a manual CPC on the smart shopping campaign , but I can just pause this in shopify and set up my own campaign in google adwords and have full control over bid strategy.

So far so good..

Winewings

No way to add unit_pricing_base_measure: or unit_pricing_measure: or any other attributes, which are missing :( This app needs to be updated. Shopify is so nice! Please take the feedback and optimize the app :)

Lido West

Beyond disappointed in this app. The switch from the old app to this one has been very detrimental to our sales and traffic. 1/3 of our products are disapproved (previously 0 disapproved), citing incorrect/missing GTIN and we have not changed a single thing in terms of data/MPN/GTIN codes. When we try to re-enter or fix a code, nothing changes. I'm at a loss. We rely so heavily on Google Shopping that if this is not remedied, we will be forced to move to another platform. Shopify, please please please look into these issues, this has a major impact on my store and dozens others based on these reviews alone.