Google channel

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Nordic Candle

Do not install this app if you currently advertise on Google!!! It is only for Smart Shopping Ads which will set you back!!! Lacks functionality and just ruined my weekend.
Update: A week ago I contacted Shopify with a point by point list of how this app has dried up my business during the busiest season for my business. I still have not heard back. My Google Shopping Campaign is still running, I have increased spend to try to mitigate the damage, yet my conversion rate is down from 3% to 1.3%.

PouchWear

This does not function as a reliable ad service. I am paying more money, for less viability, and am unable to modify any of the options to optimize the products being sold. This needs to be corrected by Shopify as soon as possible. I am not able to access any of my old ads due to the update and have no means of correcting this with Google. How much did Google pay you to do this Shopify? I may have to move my store if this isn't corrected within the next few days. Not happy at all.

Solo Classe

I deleted the old version and installed this because it said the old version was an unsupported version. I used to be able to select just one collection to advertise, but those controls are now gone and all products are being shown. Cannot change any settings in AdWords except the name of the new campaign that this app sets up. Once setup, cannot change locations, bids, schedule, etc. This seems like it was made for users with no previous Shopping campaign experience. Total disappointment.

Farmaciaalibertishop.it

This app is 100% unreliable, very different from the previous one, the shipping rate it synchs "automatically" with google merchant are totally random. DO NOT INSTALL IT IF YOU WANT TO WORK ON ADWORDS! It is not possible to go back to the previous one.
The shipping it automatically set are wrong, there is no way to edit it manually the result is my customers see a 7,89€ shipping rate on Google shopping instead of the 4,89€. I am furious with Shopify for forcing me to update this app and I believe that after the very poor support I had in this 2 weeks they deserve to be considered a not reliable partner for a serious online business. After two year of stupid limitation I am finally changing platform!

Stirrers.net

This app is completely and utterly useless. It basically treats you like you are an idiot, which is not at all what you want if you plan on running a successful Google Ads campaign. The various features of Google Ads are important, and this app strips you of access to them in favor of an overly simplified setup that is poorly designed and simply doesn't work.

WaterBaths.net

This app is complete garbage, and whoever made it should be fired. It's essentially useless. If you know the first thing about Google Ads, it does WAY more harm than good.

B2B Supplies Ltd

* THIS NEW APP / CHANNEL IS COSTING US MONEY*

I wish I could give this app / channel (they've changed it the last couple of days) less than 1 star.

The new "app" now displays our prices on Google shopping WITHOUT VAT included which is against Google's terms, now google have threatened to SUSPEND us unless this is fixed. So not only are they costing us money daily because the app is terrible, but they could get us thrown off google shopping forever.

Best advice we've got from support? "Use a different app" very helpful.

It baffles me that people at Shopify are spending time & money creating a new app for something that worked fine before, instead of creating basic functions that other e-commerce providers give as standard.

I've emailed / tweeted the CEO, support etc and but just get generic e-mails back telling they are looking into it etc.

Really, really terrible.

Harem Garden

My god, this is a joke? This app has to be the worst thing I have ever come across. The aim is here is for you to run a campaign thru Shopify with one click. But by doing this you can't pick the products, or categorize your products to add to the campaign. It is absolutely pointless. For you to add certain products to a campaign you would have to create separate campaigns for each product as they are on different pages when selecting the products... derrrr haha! Back to the drawing board for Google Shopping. Hopefully, someone with half a brain will build this app next time.

LabBalances.net

This is the worst app that Shopify could possibly have come up with for Google Shopping. The old one was infinitely better, because it actually had significantly positive value whereas this app has strongly negative value.

You have no access to your own Google Shopping account which Shopify creates when you install this app. Shopify completely co-opts the ability to have and use your own Google Shopping account. If you have a Google Ads Client Center account, it actually WON'T WORK AT ALL. It will link to your MCC account instead of the client account, which means that product data doesn't make it to the client account. No product data = no ads. There is nothing you can do about this, because using this app means that Shopify is using their own Google Shopping account which you cannot access or modify in any way.

Even if I could get it to work, I wouldn't dare use the limited functionality that it has to create campaigns. If you value your marketing dollars you wouldn't either. It allows virtually no control over your campaign (for instance, negative keywords, which are absolutely critical to product ad campaigns, cannot be added). Essentially all you can do is set a budget. It should be horrifying to anyone who knows anything about search ads. How anyone at Shopify thought this would be okay is beyond me.

Security is also a concern. This app requires managerial access to your Google Ads campaign to operate.

The discontinuation of the old app in Shopify and the creation of this new Google Shopping app was one of the least customer-friendly decisions that Shopify has ever made (along with reducing the number of users that each plan could have, which was an obvious money grab). My disappointment with this application is beyond words.

CharmingSushi

No ability to edit feed parameters, 'Smart' shopping campaign completely opaque, can't filter products from the Google Shopping app - and as a result of being unable to edit the feed, also can't make use of Merchant Center. So... basically no functionality whatsoever. Absolute garbage.