Google channel

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

6FT CLUB®

After I saw all the great ratings of this app, I was very excited to use it. I'll start out by saying it's not all bad, but unfortunately, I did not have a good experience.

The good: 1) set-up was very simple - my unpaid listing appeared on Google Shopping and after a few days was showing up for all relevant searches; 2) customer service is 5-star (Luke really did his best to help me out and was successful with helping me with the free shipping piece since it was originally displaying the highest priority shipping I charge rather than standard).

The bad: 1) we currently have two products, and even though nowhere in Shopify does it say they are variants, Google was treating them as size variants of each other; 2) only the feature images showed up on the unpaid listing result - when you clicked on the listing however, very old images were showing that were out of date (Luke tried to do a reset on these two things to get our current product images to display, but sadly it didn't work); 3) more of a suggestion than a bad thing, but it would be really helpful if this app integrated with review systems like judge.me - currently this app does not support this because Shopify creates its own ID that it sends to Google rather than grabbing your gtin/SKU, meaning you can't get your product ratings to display on Google Shopping because the numbers won't match up.

Although I've decided to try out another app in the hopes of a better result, I do want to emphasize the excellent customer service - thanks for trying guys; it's the app that let me down!

May 19, 2020

Hi,

I'm Cíara from the Shopify Apps team, I just wanted to say thank you for your review, we appreciate hearing from our merchants.

I completely understand how frustrating it can be when something you need isn't in the app, and I'm going to follow up with you just to make sure you can get in touch with us. Keep an eye out for my email shortly!

Cíara N | Shopify Support

Tiendacharrua

I just started with all this, and I’m learning a lot. but it’s good so far, I hope this work for me and my family.

April 29, 2020

Hi there! Thank you for leaving us a review. My name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's support team, and we really appreciate hearing from you!

I would love to shoot you an e-mail so we can work together to set up the Google Shopping application for your store, it's a great tool to market yourself and I'd love to see it work well for you. Keep an eye out for that e-mail in the near future!

JustSellingToys

Location Hong Kong SAR

I have no idea yet. . still figuring out....um..adsflkjad;lskadfls;adfls;jkdflas;dsfjlkdfsla;jkdfasj;lfadljssdfaljk

April 15, 2020

Hey there! My name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's Support team.

I'm glad to hear that you're giving the Google Shopping app a chance. It's a great way to market your business and increase traffic to your store!

I'm going to shoot an e-mail your way and determine if you need any help with setting it up! Be sure to follow up with me if you need any help!

Bunbury

Time spent using app About 1 year

*Update May 2020*
I will keep updating my review until all the issues are fixed

I keep having to open tickets to get this app working and the constant babysitting of the feed is getting frustrating.

The following issues still remain:
1. CSV import is broken, the metafields in the csv are outdated and are ignored by both Shopify and Google Merchant Center. The only bulk way to update the correct Google Shopping fields is with a paid app or using the bulk editor.

2. The only way to use the free bulk editor is you have to click manage availability from the app, you cannot use the normal bulk editor, which means you cannot filter products you want to edit.

3. Bug: if you have a product with variants and one of the variants has UPC filled in and the other variant does not have a UPC the app pre check will complain your UPC has the wrong digits and will not submit the variant to Google Merchant Center.

4. The feed stalls frequently and you have to open a ticket to get the team to resync your products. If you are not careful you will be missing products in the feed and several times your feed will expire and Google will delist all your products.

5. If google flags an issue with a product and you go and fix it, depending on the issue the shopify app will fail to reimport that product and submit back to google. I have several where I entered UPC wrong, google flagged it, I fix the UPC and the product disappears from the feed. You have to open a ticket with the team to have them re import your feed.

*I know the team is trying and they are working on this app, but they really need more technical help or resources, this is an import app/feature for shopify and critical to every business.

April 15, 2020

Hi there, my name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's support team.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with the Google Shopping application thus far. I can imagine that's very frustrating!

We sync your product catalogue with Google once a day, unless nothing has been changed in which case it is approximately once every 15 - 20 days, but should anything come up that requires a sync of your products you can always reach out to our team and we can sync your catalogue from our end if it's warranted.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had that experience with our team in the past, and I’d love to help make it right by reaching out via e-mail and determining if there's anything else I can do to make the Google Shopping application work for you. I'll be in touch very soon!

Plato's Closet St Clair Shores

Time spent using app About 2 months

I am getting errors but no directions on how to fix them from anywhere on the site I click on the error and it is no help

April 15, 2020

Hi there, my name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's support team.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been running into some errors while using the Google Shopping app! That's definitely frustrating.

I'm going to review your store for you and follow up via e-mail with some next steps to resolve those errors. Keep a look out for that message!

NORDcraft

Location Denmark
Time spent using app Over 1 year

Really easy to roll out and start using. Three main critique points:
Uses weird ID's in feed and ecomm_prodid making it difficult to work in tandem with other tools and supplementary feeds.
Second is a general Shopify issue: Bulk editing is very ineffective!
Third: No control of when products are synced, and which fields. E.g Google Product Category is not synced and sunk hours into setting them!

April 15, 2020

Hi there, thank you so much for your review today! My name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's Support team.

We really appreciate hearing from our merchants, as it helps us to continue working with our developers to improve the Google Shopping app.

There is a few points here to unpack, so I'm going to follow up with you directly via e-mail! Keep an eye out for that.

I will mention that we use specific Shopify Product IDs to help us clearly identify the product data that we're importing to the Google Merchant Center. This is important since we want to be able to easily identify what product data is from us and what product data is from a third-party feed.

As for the application failing to sync certain fields, this is certainly not what is expected! I'll speak to you more about this via e-mail and our next steps, but just know that all Google fields should be synced without a problem. I'm sorry that that error has affected you!

With that being said, I will be shooting you an e-mail later today with more information and next steps!

finding.wine

Time spent using app Over 2 years

Lot of issues with the feed, lack of support. I recommend not to use non shopify app if you can avoid it

April 1, 2020

Hi there! My name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's support team. Thank you for your feedback!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with the sync between Google and Shopify and that our support team hasn't been able to resolve this problem. I'm going to take a look at your store for you and determine if I can locate the issue!

I will follow up with an e-mail to offer some more support once I investigate the situation! Look out for that message.

We'll chat soon,

avi&eve

I sont really use google shopping a lot but i will try to start using it to rate it again and figure if it helps

March 11, 2020

Hi there, thank you so much for leaving a review for us here. We really appreciate it! My name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's support team. I love hearing from our merchants!

I'm going to follow up with you via e-mail and see if there is any feedback you'd like to provide us thus far to help us improve the Google Shopping app.

Look out for that message soon!

Bedlly Shop

Location France

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

March 2, 2020

Hi there, my name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's support team!

I see that you gave the Google Shopping app two stars but haven't left a comment yet, so I want to follow up and see if there's anything we can help with to improve your experience. Feel free to keep an eye out for that message and get back to me when you have a moment!

Steph 23

Its a long process i'm still waiting to be connected so i start. its just not for me i waiting for things.

February 14, 2020

Hi there, thank you for providing us your feedback today! It's very important to us that we hear from our merchants about their experience.

It can take up to fifteen days for your ads to start appearing across Google's surfaces. Google's optimization period takes thirty days in total for its algorithm to learn where, when, and how to place your products.

You should start seeing some impressions once the fifteen-day period ends, but the campaign will not be fully optimized until the end of the thirty days. Please be patient whilst the optimization takes place!

If you don't mind, I'm going to follow up with you via e-mail to see if there is any other feedback you'd like to share! Keep an eye out for that e-mail soon.