Google channel

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Family Pastimes Cooperative Games

2 stars, 1 for app to-date, 1 for the future in case it improves.

Product Approval: More than 10 business days, I'm at about 17 business days with only "Pending" for 125 products.

Campaign Mystery: In anticipation of pending product approval, I set up a simple campaign to begin in January. I did make a mistake, I inadvertantly clicked Start Campaign, but I'm glad I did as it raised more questions.

Mystery Campaign: Somehow, with no products, a campaign I couldn't see began. Days later, with no noticeable change in traffic, I have a report claiming to have caused impressions, even 5 Add to Cart, but no corresponding sales activity and --no abandoned carts!-- Alert!!

So I stopped the "campaign" but there is no way to truly stop it, it reflects as "paused" no matter what you do, including "cancel"

So it asked for feedback, and I provided, but there was no submit button or dialogue box on the feedback form, the only thing you could do was click the X in the upper right hand corner, which typically means cancel & submits no information. It's all there was, so to be rid of it I clicked it, and it tried to sell me feedback forms....

To date this app is EXTREMELY questionable. I'll uninstall it soon if there are no product approvals, and the campaign report I had did not reflect reality. To report that I had visitors adding to cart because of the app, but no sales or abandoned carts is unsettling.

Jewelove™

Location India

The app needs to have an option of selecting which variants a merchant wants to publish to Google Shopping product listing ads. It is a very common scenario where a merchant may not want to publish all variants of a product to Google Shopping. Currently there is no workaround & that means wasted marketing dollars.

DriWash Solutions

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

I don't like the fact that the number of products is limited to 10,000. I sell tools. I have nearly triple that amount of SKU's.

b2bdental

Location Spain

It would be nice if VAT could be configured. AFAIK is not possible to export price including VAT (required in some countries)

SSTubes

Seems to work...but it doesn't show any of the sales attributed to it in the 'Sales by Channel' on the Shopify Home page. Which is funny, because in the app it clearly tells you how much you sold using Google Shopping.

Paws in Padstow

Helps get the API set up but have campaigns showing in Shopify which are no longer in Google Ads with no way of deleting it. Yet to use comprehensively.

Updated

Main Issues
1. Content API often fails to refresh meaning products expire and causing all sorts of issues - should at the very least offer the ability to click refresh all within Shopify but doesn't
2. If you have multiple shipping prices/bands - set up the shipping cost manually

Mr. Michael's Clothing

I hooked up my account with no issues. The issue I am having is the products are still pending for over a week? Thats a long time to PAY for advertising. What am I paying for? Ok there is a wait for 3 to 5 business days. Its been over a week? Sorry for the impatience, but time is money. I contacted google a few times with no response.

Magicfly

Time spent using app About 1 month

It seems that this app doesn't send barcode(gtin) to merchant center. They only send brand and MPN, but some products required Barcode, and this app doesn't send it to merchant center. Really useless.

ShopSK

Time spent using app About 3 years

Products are not syncing correctly with Shopify products. I have to update both lists. When I update products on google shop products it won't save.

Lucius Atelier

Location Singapore
Time spent using app 24 minutes

Well, there is definitely plenty of room for app improvement. For instance, better tooltips or links to explain the configuration of google shopping fields.