Google channel

Google channel

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.4)
Developer
Shopify
3.4
December 7, 2022

Great, when it worked.

This app does not properly read our tax settings and constantly defaults every state to taxable, with shipping set to not taxable. We have tax nexus in roughly half the US states; half of these still charge tax on shipping. This default behavior of resetting the tax settings despite what I have manually configured in Merchant Center has caused our google merchant account to be suspended, and I'm stuck in a neverending loop of shopify pointing their fingers at Google, and Google pointing at Shopify. It's hopeless.

Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc.
Time spent using app: About 1 year
October 27, 2022

I've tried to configure and reconfigure this app for months, it will approve less than half of my products and disapprove the other half with a reason that doesn't make sense. I'm super frustrated and disappointed.

Fraser River Forge
Time spent using app: 12 months
Shopify replied November 1, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback for the app. I'm sending you an email to open the lines of communication and offer further support.

Vance | Shopify

October 24, 2022

I wish Google would work with independent distributors. Google isn't very user friendly with Shopify online stores who are distributors of products. These products have a logo and the company requires the logo to be a part of the picture. Google doesn't support pictures with logos, and therefore a lot of my products are advertised.

VJ Bedazzled Jewelry
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Shopify replied October 26, 2022

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use the Google channel on your store and leave a review. You are correct that one of Google's requirements is to have images that are free from logos or watermarks. You can learn more about this policy here: https://bit.ly/3f9mtvb. While Shopify does not have any control over these policies, I am going to follow up with you via email to see if there is any way I can support you further.

Charlotte | Shopify

October 18, 2022

It took me hours/days/months to figure out how to set up this Google merchant account channel (from both parties, Google and in Shopify) and it still continuously sending issues for unknown reasons, no explanations, no support to fix those errors...... With the time I spent to set-up this channel, it would a be much better and more productive if I was going to promote my products in person door to door.
Basic plan is $30 a month and feeling that is not worth it..!

Azzaluna
Indonesia
Time spent using app: 11 months
Shopify replied October 24, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here with Shopify! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with the app. I can understand the difficulty of this situation. I've sent you an email to offer further support and help resolve this.

Vance | Shopify Support

October 12, 2022

App not working, customer support is pointless. The person that can help fix your suddenly pulled off product cannot be reached but will respond back within a week. However, you can talk as long as you want to a service representative that cannot help you but sympathizes with your frustration, so there is that.

Avocado Tea Co.
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
Shopify replied October 13, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Google channel app. While Google fully enforces their own product policies and determines whether products meet requirements, we definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding any issues that you're experiencing. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

- Nate | Shopify