Google channel

Google channel | Reviews

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Bobishop : Epicerie et produits cosmétiques Afro antillais en ligne

My Merchant Center account may be suspended, Shipping costs inaccurate (inconsistencies between flow and checkout pages on my website)
it's not normal

November 29, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issue you are facing with the Google Channel. I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to open up lines of communication. I look forward to communicating with you there.

Profumeria Mon Amour

This app creates a feed automatically and link it to your merchant center. However, it's a feed you have 0 control over and this will affect performance and tracking. I appreciate when the support replied to me, but their only suggestion was to add another app to download the feed (at the cost of 20$ a month). What's the point? Fortunately, I found Feed Donkey which does the job very well.

November 25, 2021

Hey there,

Robyn here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that the customization possibilities offered by the Google Channel were insufficient for your business but am delighted to hear you've found a suitable app. I'm going to take a look over your account to see if there is anything further I can do to help you and will reach out via email directly.

Robyn | Shopify

hydrafitnessparts

Same issues here. We are very much unhappy. It was working great but stopped working from around 3-4 weeks ago without giving any notice or issues. Still it's not working. Our sales and traffic are lost too much. Please investigate ASAP. Thanks.

October 20, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We definitely want you to get the support you need in regards to the issue you are facing with the Google Channel. I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to explain some details. I look forward to communicating with you there.

DollieBabies Outfits

I'm really struggling with Google over the use of this app. I'm getting conflicting info between my shop and the merchant centre. I uploaded 50 items from Shopify but merchant centre is only showing 45, then Google suspended my merchant account for misrepresentation, and just sent me a link giving many reasons as to what they class as misrepresentation. 4 emails later to them, they keep sending the same link with the misrepresentations on. They won't even investigate what my particular reason is to why its issuing a misrepresentation suspension. When the app is working well, its great, but when it isn't, it is so not worth the hassle it brings with it.

October 9, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We definitely want to make sure that you get the clarification you need in regards to the Misrepresentation message you are getting. Although Google is best to direct you with this, I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to explain some details that could help. I look forward to communicating with you there.

Sea Of Bliss Shop

I've spent months of fixing "contact us", "misrepresentation", etc. and google just keeps sending the same requirement with no clear answer to why my account is suspended. They told me to activate my ads account. I spent money and won't spend more advertising with them is my account is suspended.

October 7, 2021

Hey there,

Jason here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are facing with your account suspension. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and see if we can provide more information to help get this resolved.

Jason | Shopify

Helen Jon

As so many others have said, this is easy to initially set up, but the editing is atrocious. Google disapproved many products. I've wanted to go in to make edits, but there is no way to filter, so every product we've EVER had in our store shows up--not just those that are currently available. SO TEDIOUS.

September 10, 2021

Hey there,

Jason here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing setting up and filtering your products. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and see if we can address some of these concerns.

Jason | Shopify

Lee's Provisions

I'm really trying to make this work, but it just isn't there. Other feed management apps just work, while this doesn't. Not being able to exclude variants is annoying as well...

September 1, 2021

Hi there,

William here from Shopify. Your statement is correct that currently we can only include or exclude at the product level not the variant level. I'm going to send you an email so that we get more context to your feedback and what features you need the Google channel to have.

William | Shopify

My Gift Fashions

Well the automatic update when changing your item to Google is nice but you keep getting suspended if a product not right and the problem is very vague leaving you pulling your hair out to fix.
Now the bulk editor needs lots of work. First it list every item in my store to go through to pick what I wat to make available to google. Now way to search in the editor. So instead I find my product first and then edit it alone. Would work fine but that's when the problems start. You have to use a drop down menu to pick certain item fields, in the main bulk editor that is not a problem it is there. In the individual product edit the fields are there BUT there is no info in each drop down menu so you can't pick what google wants you to. You can't manually enter in the fields either. So I must send my products to Google incomplete. Then you get not listed because you have missing fields. So now your able to fix it. A whole lot of extra work for sure. Also Google is no help and the Facebook people are even worst on that app trying to open a store on the FB end.

September 1, 2021

Hi there,

My name is William from Shopify support. I can understand the challenges you experienced with setting up products for the Google channel. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve the channel moving forwards. I'm going to reach out to you over email directly so that we can get some more context on what changes you'd like to see and if we can resolve the issue you experienced.

William | Shopify

Primecrave

please help me how to edit expire date in content API my products is expiring after one month. this app automatically add wrong expiry date

June 23, 2021

Hi there, Spencer here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I'm sorry to hear about the struggles you are having with your feed, there sounds like there is an issue there that we will want to look at for you. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here in order to help you further. Spencer | Shopify Support

Merkaz Judaica

i used this app and i dont have nothing from it till now. i dont know how you to use this.
i thing its need to have a FAQ

May 11, 2021

Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! The Google Channel is a great way to sync your products to run a Smart Shopping campaign and list products in Google's Free Listings program. Within the channel, there is also a "Help Center" tab which goes over FAQ's and a step by step walkthrough.

I'll be following up with you via email to offer assistance to help you get the most out of the Google Channel! Chat soon!

Nidhi | Support Specialist