Gooten: Print on Demand

Gooten: Print on Demand

by Gooten

A Comprehensive Print on Demand Solution for Growing Stores

Dogs Of History

I wanted to experiment with Gooten because they had a great range of product which I couldn't find from other suppliers - turns out they don't supply everything under one roof, all they do is act as a middle-man to manufacturers. This wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but it means that because a single shopping cart will be sourced from multiple locations, cost of shipping nearly doubled the initial cost of my sample cart - I suspect it would be cheaper to go with a more expensive supplier that ships everything from under one roof (plus the security of dealing directly with the manufacturer and not a middle-man, and the satisfaction/ease of everything arriving in one box). Not a realistic solution for anyone trying to source multiple products through them.

Matching With Chloe

It was promising with all the catalogue options since other printing apps don't have a large selection like Gooten.

PROS:

1. Shipping is prompt.

CONS:

1. The baby bib was really poor quality
2. 3 prints came with creases so if it was sent directly to my customer, I would've had a major complaint coming my way. Not sure I can trust for future usage.
3. The app is hard to maneuver. You have to select all the item descriptions before you can see if the image works with the t-shirt. You also can't see what each t-shirt looks like with the right color options on the product catalogue.

Mary Fran Wiley

There are a lot of options, and the turnaround times aren't bad. But the quality? Terrible. I ordered 2 products that I have ordered from other companies and the canvas mini was printed incredibly crooked and the easel back wasn't attached. The accessory pouch I ordered had a poor print and felt super cheap compared to other POD pouches I've ordered. (I paid for these samples, they were not the free ones - I wanted to make sure what I was getting was realistic)

Order samples to make sure the quality is what you are expecting.

Cool Cat Designs

A Nightmare to use.
Let's say I want to create a baby onesie with my own print. I want to offer it in multiple sizes and colors. Any other POD app I have used, lets you see the colors available in a way that quickly allows you to decide whether your print works on a certain color. A few check boxes to choose what you want after uploading your design and you're done.
With Gooten, you get a text list of all the different combinations of colors and sizes available, making it a nightmare to choose what you're looking for and sometimes impossible to know whether your print will look good on a certain color because you can't see that color until you select it and move to the next screen. The pricing is all over the place with small variations in garment prices as well as shipping prices. So if you choose to price your product the same way, your margins will be different on pretty much every item you sell. If you price them differently, it'll make it almost impossible to manage later if you want to raise or lower prices.
Want to offer a tank top? The company offers 6 types but due to color and size variations you have to scroll through 73 (yes!) pages of tank tops to choose the ones you're looking for. You can filter, which is nice, but what good is filtering by name of product if I have no idea what this product looks like.

The reason this app gets 2* instead of just 1 is that it looks very promising. They do have A LOT of options and the base prices for some of the products are decent. Sometimes I wish other POD apps had some of the customization options Gooten is offering. I will check it again in a few months and hopefully they'll improve it by then. Until then, I'm sticking with other services.

Cheekymonkeytees

The products looked promising. But I gave up trying to use it, because it is just too slow, and too difficult to use.

Too many details needed to be handled manually - using a terrible interface.

Would have appreciated it if it was presented in a step-by-step manner. Like

0. Upload a design.
1. Choose a Tee
2. Choose all sizes you want
3. Choose all colors you want
4. Choose underbase
5. Mock up options

Or something. Instead I see page after page of words that drive me nuts.
That's even before i see the damned mockup.

Pity.

Snoring Dog Studio

I'm lowering my rating on this drop shipper, unfortunately. I've grown tired of the poor quality of their products and the mistakes in shipping the wrong product. I've now taken my tea towels off my store because the quality of their product is just awful. I don't know if I'll even continue using their pillow covers at this point. What a shame.

Louie Dogs Tee Shack

Product selection is GREAT, prices are pretty standard (although some products are too high to ever realistically sell for a reasonable profit), but my big gripe is that adding products is a HUGE pain. You need to make custom-sized images for each variant of, say, a piece of wall art, ahead of time and have it cropped perfectly. Their cropping system doesn't really work (you can't resize the image to make it smaller, only move it around or zoom in to make it larger) and it seems to zoom in on the image a little bit by default without letting you zoom back out for some unknown reason. On top of that, searching for SKUs to upload is also a pain and you can't choose a collection while uploading.

Overall, I think the potential is here but it's just not executed well enough yet. Maybe once they overhaul their system for adding products I'll give it another shot!

2 Next