Gooten: Print on Demand

Print on Demand Solutions for Visionary Brands

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Toddler And Twins

I love it! They have great selection! I found it easy to use and design with. Customer service (ie:Jovana!) is outstanding and she has gone out of her way to help me several times!

Air Vogue

This has been a nightmare. Its been 3 days since trying to switch my store over from another very popular POD company. Gooten has better prices and variety but also much higher shipping.

When pushing a product to your store, you have NO control over the mockups. They are mandatory for ALL variants. Want 8 shirt colors in 5 sizes? Your store will have 40 images with no way to edit them that takes less than an hour or 2. PLUS the mockups are labeled incorrectly, so editing from a csv file is nearly impossible.

I REALLY wanted to like this service but its almost unusable. PLUS you need to orient your artwork for each individual variant! This can be done by editing your art for EVERY product by trial and error of uploading, checking if it fits, editing, repeat, because otherwise you would have to edit 80 variants for each T shirt! It's still a functional app but they need to make critical changes and realize many people start stores while working other fulltime jobs.

I hope to find work arounds to these very time consuming and frustrating issues but each step forward reveals another clumsy design of this app.

If shopify adds bulk delete (crazy that this doesnt exist yet!) a few of these issues would be solved but other sloppy design issues remain.

customer service is basically email/ticket only and respond about once or twice a day. they try to be helpful but no chat support = very long timeline to fix one problem.

Ohgag Prints

Not user friendly, SO HARD TO USE compared to other POD apps, customer service is slow,

Pigh Designs

Gooten was a nightmare! The customer service issues over the holidays were the last straw for me. Just as in any line of work, you know the holiday is coming, so be prepared for it. Gooten’s prices are very competitive, but the amount of time I have to spend due to all of the issues and not being able to provide good customer service left me no choice but to switch fulfillment companies. I made the mistake of trying them again for an international order last month – which reminded me exactly why I won’t use them!!! And prompted me to finally submit this review. I don’t see them improving, especially with condescending reps.

I do hope they can work out these problems, but I’m not sure how I would ever know if or when they get so many and such large problems sorted out. I am happy with my current fulfillment company they just cost more, but it’s worth it for things to run smoothly, so I don’t see any turning back.

1.) Quality: Gooten products are outsourced and there is no quality control like with other companies. T-shirts are taken off the printer hot, crumpled into a ball & sent to the customers that way! Sometimes the graphics stick to themselves as a result and arrive damaged. If you do not choose a SKU with an underbase, they will go ahead and print it without one and send it to the customer even though the design does not even show up on the shirt. They have a good point that some people ‘want’ a vintage look. But in my cases it was obviously not wanted for the graphic to not show up at all - the point is there is no quality control, it is as if nobody even sees the finished product or cares how it looks. Sometimes the graphics are also crooked.
2.) Shipping: The t-shirt vendor for my products only ships DHL express, so it takes customers over a week to get their orders even after the week it takes to make the shirt(s). If you ship international the order just shows in limbo forever and there is no way to track anything about it. This past month my order just sat somewhere ‘unscanned’ for several weeks with no way to know there was a problem.
3.) Platform: I had a pretty good experience with the platform until they implemented their ‘hub’ and now it is a nightmare. This happened as I was taking my Etsy business to Shopify and building a Shopify store. I had to put off launching my Shopify store for months because I either can’t get my products to stay linked or the fact that it now takes hours to build a single product with multiple variants. You can no longer use a CSV with Shopify without it unlinking all the products on Gooten’s end and having to start over linking every single SKU and graphic. It is very error-prone since you have to completely reselect every SKU and graphic without even a heading at the top as to which shirt design you are working on! Product write-ups are overridden when syncing, so you have to copy and paste those every time you make a change or add a variant. I’ve tried working with them but there is no phone number just email and it’s just too much for me to spend hours, days, weeks and months helping them fix their whole business.
4.) Mockup errors: Many shirts are mocked up with the wrong image color. I have learned that since switching fulfillment companies. So I was using the wrong graphics colors at times the whole time because I thought the mockup was the actual color of the shirt. Also it makes the customer-facing mockups misleading, as people think they are purchasing the color shown.
5.) Customer service: Customer support was the reason I stuck it out and gave them such a long time to get things right; they were great up until I had some problems around the holidays, and then some got condescending. One of my customers received a defective product, and they could not do anything at all to expedite the shirt to her…I couldn’t even pay for anything to be done. The production is outsourced, and there was nothing they could do to get the vendor to prioritize the problems. Also the vendor doesn’t offer any shipping except DHL Express, so I was stuck providing a level of customer service that is not acceptable for my business. I made the mistake of trying Gooten again this past month for an international order, and when my customer made a mistake in the address I got another condescending response (the same lady, I believe!) in a very punishing reply. I get it, someone made a mistake, just help me move forward and take care of the customer!!
6.) ‘Expedited’ inconsistency: There is a huge confusion regarding expedited processing versus expedited shipping. I pay for expedited processing every single time I place an order…it isn’t much and is supposed to bump up the processing time from 12 days to 6 days. But expedited shipping has never been an option. I would use it every time if it were! Some people at Gooten use the two terms interchangeably and even tell me that expedited processing isn’t an option…even though I pay for exactly that every single time I place an order!

I'm exhausted; which is how I usually felt back when I was using Gooten!

Oh So Frenchie

I ordered a sample of many products from Gooten and am overall very happy with the wide range of products and high quality prints. There was a misprint on one item, but it was handled so smoothly and they offered a reprint free of charge. Support is always helpful and very nice to deal with. If you’re looking for custom printing, I’d recommend Gooten!

Gaming Mogul

The app overall is great! What I strongly didn't like about it was that it left the "Gooten" option under the product's fulfillment section, despite uninstalling the app.

It always makes me feel cautious when a Shopify App is unable to fully remove their coding from your website.

Couples Creations

I've been using Gooten for a few months now and I'm really pleased with their service. Their support is great, as well as the product quality. It's also the only POD supplier that gives me the freedom to easiliy change the design file after an order has been placed.

The Pixel Empire

I have been using Gooten for almost three years now and recommend them to everyone interested in POD services. I've thoroughly tested several other services, and while there are definitely pros and cons, Gooten comes out victorious. I originally joined Gooten just for their great canvas options but quickly switched my entire store (8000+ products on 8 different product types) to Gooten. There was a bit of hurdle moving everything over to Gooten, but this is the case for any big switch.

What separates Gooten from the rest beside their huge product catalog is their support. Not just their excellent customer support, but their Partner support. If your store has an obstacle, even if it's unique to you, their partner support team will work extremely hard to find a solution.

This is definitely the best Print on Demand service for Shopify!

Pensandpaintings

I love Gooten. Their variety of products is greater than the other competitors I've seen. I had a few issues with my products because of a mistake I made and they helped me correct it almost instantly for no extra charge. This is probably one of the best Print on Demand services out there.

Nookcart

to difficult to use compared to other POD apps. I think they spent to much time on design and not enough on user friendliness