Gooten ‑ Print and Drop Ship

Gooten ‑ Print and Drop Ship

by Gooten

Design and dropship your choice of 100+ high-quality products

Rena's Coffee Shop & Gifts

Gooten was the first POD that I've signed up with. I did a sample order to see how long it will take to process the order, to get the order, and the quality of the product and I must say that I wasn't the happiest with it.

Process time was a little long, receiving it was long, and finally when the order did come in the mail the product sucked! The image on the shirt was not centered correctly and it was crooked! Not to mention the packaging was a a little boring. I personally will never use Gooten again, but if you don't mind the quality of your product being poor, then go for it!

Ohgag Prints

Not user friendly, SO HARD TO USE compared to other POD apps, customer service is slow,

Gaming Mogul

The app overall is great! What I strongly didn't like about it was that it left the "Gooten" option under the product's fulfillment section, despite uninstalling the app.

It always makes me feel cautious when a Shopify App is unable to fully remove their coding from your website.

Unicorn Forest

I really want to love this app. They have so many items that are not available anywhere else. But trying to figure out shipping costs is a total nightmare. Every product and product variation differs by state. There is no list for shipping costs until you input the specific parameters. Making it really hard to try to build shipping costs into your retail prices. Even one you have entered the product, you have to search each state separately for costs.

Shipping to canada is way higher than other POD services. For example, a shower curtain with liner is $43.57 then $25.61 shipping to Canada. Making the cost almost $70 USD BEFORE markup. A basic 14x14 throw pillow costs $7.98 - but shipping to Canada is a whopping $25.61!!!

Last example: Throw Pillow-Spun Polyester -36x36 costs $52.61 plus $38.15 shipping to Canada is $90.76 USD before markup. With the exchange rate, is about $120 Canadian - FOR ONE PILLOW.

I badly want to use Gooten for so many things... but I also do want customers to run screaming from my store when they see some of the pricing.

Hopefully in the future this will get a little better. For now, I can find better pricing on etsy. :(

Wig Addiction

Mockups are hard to use, so I gave up on using this one.

Maybe I might give it another try if they come up with a more seamless way of generating mockups.

Dogs Of History

I wanted to experiment with Gooten because they had a great range of product which I couldn't find from other suppliers - turns out they don't supply everything under one roof, all they do is act as a middle-man to manufacturers. This wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but it means that because a single shopping cart will be sourced from multiple locations, cost of shipping nearly doubled the initial cost of my sample cart - I suspect it would be cheaper to go with a more expensive supplier that ships everything from under one roof (plus the security of dealing directly with the manufacturer and not a middle-man, and the satisfaction/ease of everything arriving in one box). Not a realistic solution for anyone trying to source multiple products through them.

Matching With Chloe

It was promising with all the catalogue options since other printing apps don't have a large selection like Gooten.

PROS:

1. Shipping is prompt.

CONS:

1. The baby bib was really poor quality
2. 3 prints came with creases so if it was sent directly to my customer, I would've had a major complaint coming my way. Not sure I can trust for future usage.
3. The app is hard to maneuver. You have to select all the item descriptions before you can see if the image works with the t-shirt. You also can't see what each t-shirt looks like with the right color options on the product catalogue.

Mary Fran Wiley

There are a lot of options, and the turnaround times aren't bad. But the quality? Terrible. I ordered 2 products that I have ordered from other companies and the canvas mini was printed incredibly crooked and the easel back wasn't attached. The accessory pouch I ordered had a poor print and felt super cheap compared to other POD pouches I've ordered. (I paid for these samples, they were not the free ones - I wanted to make sure what I was getting was realistic)

Order samples to make sure the quality is what you are expecting.

Cool Cat Designs

A Nightmare to use.
Let's say I want to create a baby onesie with my own print. I want to offer it in multiple sizes and colors. Any other POD app I have used, lets you see the colors available in a way that quickly allows you to decide whether your print works on a certain color. A few check boxes to choose what you want after uploading your design and you're done.
With Gooten, you get a text list of all the different combinations of colors and sizes available, making it a nightmare to choose what you're looking for and sometimes impossible to know whether your print will look good on a certain color because you can't see that color until you select it and move to the next screen. The pricing is all over the place with small variations in garment prices as well as shipping prices. So if you choose to price your product the same way, your margins will be different on pretty much every item you sell. If you price them differently, it'll make it almost impossible to manage later if you want to raise or lower prices.
Want to offer a tank top? The company offers 6 types but due to color and size variations you have to scroll through 73 (yes!) pages of tank tops to choose the ones you're looking for. You can filter, which is nice, but what good is filtering by name of product if I have no idea what this product looks like.

The reason this app gets 2* instead of just 1 is that it looks very promising. They do have A LOT of options and the base prices for some of the products are decent. Sometimes I wish other POD apps had some of the customization options Gooten is offering. I will check it again in a few months and hopefully they'll improve it by then. Until then, I'm sticking with other services.

Cheekymonkeytees

The products looked promising. But I gave up trying to use it, because it is just too slow, and too difficult to use.

Too many details needed to be handled manually - using a terrible interface.

Would have appreciated it if it was presented in a step-by-step manner. Like

0. Upload a design.
1. Choose a Tee
2. Choose all sizes you want
3. Choose all colors you want
4. Choose underbase
5. Mock up options

Or something. Instead I see page after page of words that drive me nuts.
That's even before i see the damned mockup.

Pity.