Gooten: Print on Demand

Gooten: Print on Demand

by Gooten

Automatic fulfillment & operations for fast-growing stores

+FRESH.i.AM+

Their mug printing and the size of prints they can do on garments is really nice. The biggest problem is their customer service. It takes forever to get a response and if you don’t respond within 12hrs of their response your ticket gets closed. This wouldn’t be a big deal if it happened once or twice but it happens every time. There was one particular issue that really made me rethink their platform, was when I had a T-shirt up for sale. I had a customer buy it but noticed nothing happened on the order for a few days. I emailed 3 times before getting a response. After finally getting a response almost a week and half later, they took an additional week just to tell me the item was discontinued and i would have to make a new item to replace the discontinued item. When asked why no one told me that products where being discontinued I got a “we don’t know” reply.

Anyways If you just want to make mugs then use them. If not be willing to deal with a lot of issues

South Lakota

The spectrum of products are nice. I was disappointed with the colors in a throw blanket being very muted from the design files submitted. The color format and file type was submitted correctly. More importantly, the problem solving is completely subpar. Though the customer service is friendly, there is no phone number, and no live chat. The only communication is through email which is not effective. After having issues with an order, it took days to resolve, and we're still unhappy with the "solution" presented. It would be a lot better if there was a way to communicate with a representative and they had a more responsive support system rather than be forced to write and wait. That is important.

Bossy Girl Designs

It takes forever for shipping. The items say 3-4 days and that's not the weekends. Its taken my item 7 days to ship. When I contact customer service I am told they ship out 3-5 days. The product is cool but they need to work on speeding up shipping. If you are selling on Amazon you will be scolded for this late shipping, if you only put 3 days as your process time.

Rena's Coffee Shop & Gifts

Gooten was the first POD that I've signed up with. I did a sample order to see how long it will take to process the order, to get the order, and the quality of the product and I must say that I wasn't the happiest with it.

Process time was a little long, receiving it was long, and finally when the order did come in the mail the product sucked! The image on the shirt was not centered correctly and it was crooked! Not to mention the packaging was a a little boring. I personally will never use Gooten again, but if you don't mind the quality of your product being poor, then go for it!

Ohgag Prints

Not user friendly, SO HARD TO USE compared to other POD apps, customer service is slow,

Gaming Mogul

The app overall is great! What I strongly didn't like about it was that it left the "Gooten" option under the product's fulfillment section, despite uninstalling the app.

It always makes me feel cautious when a Shopify App is unable to fully remove their coding from your website.

Unicorn Forest

I really want to love this app. They have so many items that are not available anywhere else. But trying to figure out shipping costs is a total nightmare. Every product and product variation differs by state. There is no list for shipping costs until you input the specific parameters. Making it really hard to try to build shipping costs into your retail prices. Even one you have entered the product, you have to search each state separately for costs.

Shipping to canada is way higher than other POD services. For example, a shower curtain with liner is $43.57 then $25.61 shipping to Canada. Making the cost almost $70 USD BEFORE markup. A basic 14x14 throw pillow costs $7.98 - but shipping to Canada is a whopping $25.61!!!

Last example: Throw Pillow-Spun Polyester -36x36 costs $52.61 plus $38.15 shipping to Canada is $90.76 USD before markup. With the exchange rate, is about $120 Canadian - FOR ONE PILLOW.

I badly want to use Gooten for so many things... but I also do want customers to run screaming from my store when they see some of the pricing.

Hopefully in the future this will get a little better. For now, I can find better pricing on etsy. :(

Wig Addiction

Mockups are hard to use, so I gave up on using this one.

Maybe I might give it another try if they come up with a more seamless way of generating mockups.

Dogs Of History

I wanted to experiment with Gooten because they had a great range of product which I couldn't find from other suppliers - turns out they don't supply everything under one roof, all they do is act as a middle-man to manufacturers. This wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but it means that because a single shopping cart will be sourced from multiple locations, cost of shipping nearly doubled the initial cost of my sample cart - I suspect it would be cheaper to go with a more expensive supplier that ships everything from under one roof (plus the security of dealing directly with the manufacturer and not a middle-man, and the satisfaction/ease of everything arriving in one box). Not a realistic solution for anyone trying to source multiple products through them.

Matching With Chloe

It was promising with all the catalogue options since other printing apps don't have a large selection like Gooten.

PROS:

1. Shipping is prompt.

CONS:

1. The baby bib was really poor quality
2. 3 prints came with creases so if it was sent directly to my customer, I would've had a major complaint coming my way. Not sure I can trust for future usage.
3. The app is hard to maneuver. You have to select all the item descriptions before you can see if the image works with the t-shirt. You also can't see what each t-shirt looks like with the right color options on the product catalogue.

Previous 1