Gooten: Print on Demand

Gooten: Print on Demand

by Gooten

A Comprehensive Print on Demand Solution for Growing Stores

The Official Glen Loates Store

I was using Gooten when I first started. I decided to remove them from my store because it was getting too costly troublesome whenever I was dealing with shipping and setting up the back-end rates. Advanced Shipping Rules helped, but I was cornered into paying a real premium for something that comes with Shopify already. Printful and other suppliers have their API connected to Shopify, so the shipping already gets calculated when customers place the orders. Simple! And that is how Gooten should work. Until they get with the times, I will be using other suppliers. UPDATE: After one year since Shopify updated its backend to allow automated rates, Gooten still has not taken advantage of this feature. If I choose to use them, I will have to spend upwards of $60 per month to use Advanced Shipping Rules.

October 26, 2020

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We will pass this along to the team to discuss, as we are always looking for ways to better serve our partners. If you have any other questions on shipping, please feel free to reach out as well! Thank you.

+FRESH.i.AM+

Their mug printing and the size of prints they can do on garments is really nice. The biggest problem is their customer service. It takes forever to get a response and if you don’t respond within 12hrs of their response your ticket gets closed. This wouldn’t be a big deal if it happened once or twice but it happens every time. There was one particular issue that really made me rethink their platform, was when I had a T-shirt up for sale. I had a customer buy it but noticed nothing happened on the order for a few days. I emailed 3 times before getting a response. After finally getting a response almost a week and half later, they took an additional week just to tell me the item was discontinued and i would have to make a new item to replace the discontinued item. When asked why no one told me that products where being discontinued I got a “we don’t know” reply.

Anyways If you just want to make mugs then use them. If not be willing to deal with a lot of issues

South Lakota

The spectrum of products are nice. I was disappointed with the colors in a throw blanket being very muted from the design files submitted. The color format and file type was submitted correctly. More importantly, the problem solving is completely subpar. Though the customer service is friendly, there is no phone number, and no live chat. The only communication is through email which is not effective. After having issues with an order, it took days to resolve, and we're still unhappy with the "solution" presented. It would be a lot better if there was a way to communicate with a representative and they had a more responsive support system rather than be forced to write and wait. That is important.

Bossy Girl Designs

It takes forever for shipping. The items say 3-4 days and that's not the weekends. Its taken my item 7 days to ship. When I contact customer service I am told they ship out 3-5 days. The product is cool but they need to work on speeding up shipping. If you are selling on Amazon you will be scolded for this late shipping, if you only put 3 days as your process time.

Rena's Coffee Shop & Gifts

Gooten was the first POD that I've signed up with. I did a sample order to see how long it will take to process the order, to get the order, and the quality of the product and I must say that I wasn't the happiest with it.

Process time was a little long, receiving it was long, and finally when the order did come in the mail the product sucked! The image on the shirt was not centered correctly and it was crooked! Not to mention the packaging was a a little boring. I personally will never use Gooten again, but if you don't mind the quality of your product being poor, then go for it!

Ohgag Prints

Not user friendly, SO HARD TO USE compared to other POD apps, customer service is slow,

Gaming Mogul

The app overall is great! What I strongly didn't like about it was that it left the "Gooten" option under the product's fulfillment section, despite uninstalling the app.

It always makes me feel cautious when a Shopify App is unable to fully remove their coding from your website.

Unicorn Forest

I really want to love this app. They have so many items that are not available anywhere else. But trying to figure out shipping costs is a total nightmare. Every product and product variation differs by state. There is no list for shipping costs until you input the specific parameters. Making it really hard to try to build shipping costs into your retail prices. Even one you have entered the product, you have to search each state separately for costs.

Shipping to canada is way higher than other POD services. For example, a shower curtain with liner is $43.57 then $25.61 shipping to Canada. Making the cost almost $70 USD BEFORE markup. A basic 14x14 throw pillow costs $7.98 - but shipping to Canada is a whopping $25.61!!!

Last example: Throw Pillow-Spun Polyester -36x36 costs $52.61 plus $38.15 shipping to Canada is $90.76 USD before markup. With the exchange rate, is about $120 Canadian - FOR ONE PILLOW.

I badly want to use Gooten for so many things... but I also do want customers to run screaming from my store when they see some of the pricing.

Hopefully in the future this will get a little better. For now, I can find better pricing on etsy. :(

Wig Addiction

Mockups are hard to use, so I gave up on using this one.

Maybe I might give it another try if they come up with a more seamless way of generating mockups.

Dogs Of History

I wanted to experiment with Gooten because they had a great range of product which I couldn't find from other suppliers - turns out they don't supply everything under one roof, all they do is act as a middle-man to manufacturers. This wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but it means that because a single shopping cart will be sourced from multiple locations, cost of shipping nearly doubled the initial cost of my sample cart - I suspect it would be cheaper to go with a more expensive supplier that ships everything from under one roof (plus the security of dealing directly with the manufacturer and not a middle-man, and the satisfaction/ease of everything arriving in one box). Not a realistic solution for anyone trying to source multiple products through them.

Previous 1