Gooten

Gooten

by Gooten

Automatic fulfillment & operations for fast-growing stores

Essential Oil Style

I tried to use them for my mugs because the price was so low. But I always order samples first and time and time again , the samples were bad. I settle on using them for my greeting cards The interface to add products ( at least for Greeting cards ) have always been clunky and non-intuitive. The shipping feels extremely high. I hope they keep improving.

Purposely Designed

I am giving Gooten 3 stars because the app is pretty easy to use but I have had customer complaints about the print quality. I have to say that when I started doing print on demand a few years ago I used them more often but after last years holiday season I stopped using them as much as that is when I started getting customer complaints with quality.

Uplift Active

Really great app, but poor quality printing. We have been slowly migrating our print on demand products away from Gooten because about half of our customers complain about the print quality or item quality. We only use a few products from Gooten now. Highly suggest testing a product before offering it to your customers to avoid bad experiences.

Monica Benavidez Home

If Gooten customer service were to actually respond to emails within the stated 24 hours they promise for merchants/partners, they would easily get 5 stars from me. As of now, they take AT LEAST FIVE DAYS to reply to my emails and they have no telephone customer service.

Once I did a chargeback for a sample order I placed, they actually emailed me back quickly...go figure.

Because of this, I only sell 2 Gooten items in my store that I know I will have low issues with because I know their customer service is lacking and very unresponsive. It makes me nervous that I would likely have to take a loss on a Gooten item to keep a customer happy because Gooten's team takes forever to reply.

Amazing selection, great prices, terrible customer service.

Air Vogue

This has been a nightmare. Its been 3 days since trying to switch my store over from another very popular POD company. Gooten has better prices and variety but also much higher shipping.

When pushing a product to your store, you have NO control over the mockups. They are mandatory for ALL variants. Want 8 shirt colors in 5 sizes? Your store will have 40 images with no way to edit them that takes less than an hour or 2. PLUS the mockups are labeled incorrectly, so editing from a csv file is nearly impossible.

I REALLY wanted to like this service but its almost unusable. PLUS you need to orient your artwork for each individual variant! This can be done by editing your art for EVERY product by trial and error of uploading, checking if it fits, editing, repeat, because otherwise you would have to edit 80 variants for each T shirt! It's still a functional app but they need to make critical changes and realize many people start stores while working other fulltime jobs.

I hope to find work arounds to these very time consuming and frustrating issues but each step forward reveals another clumsy design of this app.

If shopify adds bulk delete (crazy that this doesnt exist yet!) a few of these issues would be solved but other sloppy design issues remain.

customer service is basically email/ticket only and respond about once or twice a day. they try to be helpful but no chat support = very long timeline to fix one problem.

Simplybaby Co

I really, really wanted to love gooten, but so far its been a meh experience. The customer service is responsive and as good as you can expect, but the quality and general experience has been far from amazing. Twice now a product has been on backorder, which is fine... but they didn't notify me the first time. I had to email almost 10 days after the order was placed after seeing no movement. Now, the second time 7 days after the order was placed.

Zestymanatee

I liked the variety of products they had available and it looked really promising, but the platform is just too messy and tedious to create a product with multiple variants like size and colour if you want to view what colours will work with your design as you're creating it. I thought this might be an alternative to Printful, but I'll take fewer product offerings for an easier platform to work with.

Starchild Works

Not sure about them. Their mockup generator is terrible. The photos are blurry or too small of an image for anyone to even see. I asked them to fix the issue but I have not heard back from them.

Void Fill Industries

Update 3: Adding two stars. Gooten has finally improved their mockup generator...sort of. Their mockup generator now produces reasonably sized images for the products that they offer. It's still a bit clunky. About 50% of the time, when uploading files according to their specs, I had to go back screens and re-click buttons in order to trigger their mock up generator because it didn't trigger the first time. But it does seem like they are making constant efforts to improve their app and their team has been quick to offer trouble shooting support.

Update 2: I'm removing the star that I added in my last update. It's been over a month now and Gooten is still hasn't corrected the issues discussed below. At this point I'm loosing faith that they will ever be able to do so.

Update 1: I'm adding a second star because since posting this review, Gooten has gotten back to me about the issues below and I appreciate the responsiveness of their support team regarding my concerns.

Here is what Gooten said, "this small sized images, has been a major complaint from a lot of our current users and we have devoted a lot of time improving the technology that generates the images. Our CTO informed me that this will be ready in the next 2-3 weeks. I can assure you that once we have this implemented, and you begin using our platform, you'll want to move all of your products over to us from the Printful."

I really hope this is the case and look forward to using Gooten if it is. Will update this review again once I've seen the new implementation.

First Review: I'd really like to be able to like this app as much as I'd like to be able to use it. Sadly, no dice for either.

Gooten does not have a mock-up generator or even any comped psd files so that one can manually make mock-ups of their products with ones designs on them. In order to display a product listing image on your website, you will have to buy a sample of everything in their catalog and make your own mock-up.

For me, this would be time and cost prohibitive. Not to mention a huge act of faith for a company with sketchy and scant reviews about their quality and customer service.

Another option for create listing images of Gooten products on my site is to display a blank product, next to a flat of the design. But that is not very compelling for shoppers and would be poor practice.

I contacted Gooten about this issue asking them if they planed on adding a mock-up generator or comped psd files, letting them know that without these features I would be unable to use Gooten. Two different customer support reps got back to me and both mostly talked around the issue I'd emailed about and offered irrelevant info.

One of the customer service reps replied that Gooten generates a thumbnail when you create a product. The thumbnails Gooten generates for preview are barely larger than my actual thumbnail and as such, are inappropriate and insufficient for displaying to shoppers on my website.

To reiterate, without a mock up generator or comped psd files, I will not be able to use Gooten at all.

Printful, a competitor service offers both a mock-up generator and psd comp files and works beautifully. And I've had a great response from Printul's customer support so far. Hopefully Printful will grow their product catalog to the size of Gooten's in the near future.