Growave: Loyalty, Wishlist +3

Loyalty program rewards, referral, product reviews, gift cards

From $9/month. 30-day free trial.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Allster

In search for a simple refer-a-friend function, I made the mistake of installing Growave. This app is absolute bloatware. It will install all sorts of functionality all over your site. Use with caution as every install has the potential to slow down your site and, unless you're using all functionality, that's by definition a bad outcome. Deleting it required removal from the app itself and from Shopify admin.

AJ Craft Supplies

Location Australia
Time spent using app Almost 2 years

Have ran into issues with Growave time and time again over the last 2 odd years of using the app, and their live chat team seem to never be able to give me clear cut answers. The same one liner is always used , "let me forward this to our developers and get back to you when we receive a reply." They've recently updated the app and are now sending "system notification" standardised emails to your customers BUT you are unable to access these emails to customise them to suit your brand. The reason given was "if we change these templates for you, we will have to change it for everyone else". So in essence, you are unable to see what they send to your customers which makes no sense. There are a number of other issues with this app that I won't go into detail here, but overall I would not recommend this app for its lack of customer service and lack of customisable functionalities.

November 4, 2022

Hi, the team at AJ Craft Supplies,

We would like to apologize for your recent experience. We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with Growave😔.

Being known for our great customer service, we would like to make things right. I will forward your feedback to my management and we will work on improving the qualifications and professionalism of our employees in order to provide helpful assistance to your customers😊!

Regarding the issue with the customer receiving the emails, I'd like to kindly let you know that all of the emails are triggered based on the actions made by the customers. Moreover, we are working on adding the possibility to edit the "System notifications" and we will do our best to launch it as soon as possible. Thank you so much and hope for your understanding 🙏.

By the way, I contacted you via live chat and was not able to receive an answer. Could you please kindly check it and let me know your thoughts?🙌🏻

We value our customers' opinions and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention💙.

Shea Shea Bakery

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

A mysterious "glitch" for 5 weeks have left me unable to use this software and all I continually get is: "We will reach out to you shortly for a resolution." Asked for a refund over SEVEN TIMES now and have never been given a straight answer. Absolutely ridiculous! Reporting to Shopify to get my refund.

November 24, 2022

Dear Shea Shea Bakery team,

On behalf of Growave team, we would like to apologize for your negative experience with us 😥.
Please let us inform you that we do value every merchant and it's important to us that all of our beloved customers are happy with our application.

We went ahead and conducted a thorough investigation of all your queries, and we noticed that our support manager missed your refund query as it was among your other requests.
Please accept our sincere thousand apologies for that. We do understand that it's a glaring mistake, unfortunately, this happens when contact is not face-to-face 😔.

Additionally, we hasten to inform you that first of all we have already made you a refund for the requested period.

If there is anything we can do to get you to give us another chance or make things right, please feel free to message us directly support@growave.io or via Live chat.

By the way, we contacted you via chat and Skype and unfortunately were not able to receive an answer 😔.

We don’t know if we can wish that we can see you again in our ranks in the future, Shea Shea Bakery team. We wish you only the best and hope that you will be able to regain your trust in us someday.

SNACKLINS

Time spent using app 27 minutes

Customer service wont solve any issues and passes the buck back to Shopify. NO ROI on this service and it's a waste of money for any CPG company

October 5, 2022

Hi SNACKLINS team,

We would like to apologize for your negative experience with our team.😥

As mentioned in the email reply, our team went ahead and conducted a thorough investigation, and we see that our support manager misunderstood your question.
Unfortunately, this happens when contact is not face-to-face. 😔
That's why the answer has included the information about not reversing the charges, as Shopify Billing helps us with that.
However, as we investigated, we found out that you have faced an issue with removing our app.

If there is anything we can do to get you to give us another chance or make things right, please feel free to message us directly at support@growave.io.📩

If you're still experiencing issues, please reach out to us — we're more than happy to help, and we want to make sure that any lingering concerns are addressed.

Btw, to better assist you and correct your impression, I have sent a follow-up email with a personalized suggestion. Please check your inbox for details.
Thank you so much!✨

local

This app USED to be sooo good... and then they "updated". The integrations are so complicated to use now. You can no longer tag similar products for reviews, just honestly, find another app. These guys messed up big time in their "update".

ChargeTab

Time spent using app About 1 month

If you want to use Klaviyo with this app - STAY AWAY! The integration used to be good, but since they redesigned the app, the integration is brutal. The timing dosen't trigger emails through klaviyo. I've been trying to deal with their customer service in Kyrgyzstan for 6 days and I keep getting this message "Please let me clarify this moment with the developers and get back to you!" The first line doesn't have answers for anything. $99.99 a month for a brutal app - STAY AWAY

September 12, 2022

Hi, the team at ChargeTab,

We are terribly sorry to learn that we have let you down😔. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention since we are always looking for ways to improve.

I'd like kindly let you know that we have fixed all of the issues with Klaviyo and now everything should work smoothly. I really appreciate your constructive criticism that allowed us the opportunity to improve and do better🙌🏻.

We would appreciate the opportunity for a second chance. I would also like to talk to you personally to ensure that we take all the necessary steps at providing you with the 5-star experience we are known for✨.

DeliciousDoor

Are these a bunch of fake reviews or has something really changed with Growave that has caused it to be broken? We've tried installing growave for our site DeliciousDoor, and have had a series of 20+ emails with their support team because there have been at least 10 MAJOR bugs in their tool that prevent refer-a-friend from working, coupons not being created correctly, Q&A not working correctly. I'm shocked that there are so many positive reviews on here! Super frustrating at this point as we've had bug requests in for ~2 weeks that are still open. Do yourself a favor and find an alternate app that works!

82NC

Location Germany

Update: Growave destroyed our code: We deinstalled the App and were wondering, why still all checkboxes regarding data security / newsletter-subscription / etc were not working. After a long search and the help by the Shopify support it came up that Growave totally destroyed our code. This lasts even the deinstallation. E.g. somebody creates an account and is not clicking the checkbox for a subscription he gets pushed into all marketing lists anyway. They know the problem and are not a clue into solving this. We no have to figure out how to handle the situation because this is agains EU law (and worst customer experiance). Thanks for nothing, Growave, thanks for not helping even after I described the issue several times. Never again. Please do not use this app if you like your Homepage. Wir haben furchtbare Erfahrung mit dieser App gemacht: 1. Nach einem Update gingen alle Email-Templates unbemerkt flöten und Kunden bekamen die default-Emails. Z.B. ab einem bestimmten Level hatten wir hinterlegt, dass individuelle Gutscheine mitgeschickt werden, diese waren dann natürlich auch weg. 2. Tiers: Wir haben über Tage ein Tier-Modell aufgestellt. Je höher man kommt, desto mehr Benefits, so kenn man es. Aber leider wurden plötzlich keinerlei Rabatte mehr angewandt. Vom Silber, über Gold, bis zum Platin Kunden, niemand bekam mehr Benefits. Im Kundenfenster wurden zwar generierte Codes angezeigt, aber das haben original 0 von 110 Kund*innen gesehen. Diverse Kunden sind wütend abgesprungen und teilten dies auf SoMe. Das ganze Tier-Modell funktioniert nicht, wenn man mehr als einen Benefit hat (dann braucht man aber kein Tier-Modell). 3. Datenschutz: Ohne Einverständnis der Kunden werden Kundenkonten angelegt. Wir haben uns gewundert, warum wir keine Kunden ohne Bonus-Club Mitgliedschaft mehr fanden und machten den Test: Aus jeder Bestellung wird ein Loyalty Konto angelegt, ohne dass der Kunde es mitbekommt geschweigedenn akzeptiert. Das ist ein Fall für den Datenschutz. Vom Support kamen zwar Antworten, aber keinerlei Hilfe. Ich bat um einen Anruf, weil es brennt. Der frühste Termin nach dem Wochenende. Dann brauchen wir ihn auch nicht mehr. Fazit: Eine furchtbare Erfahrung, die uns Bestandskunden verärgerte, Tage der Einrichtung sind futsch, Der Launchday wurde gecrashed und nun sind wir dabei Kunde für Kunde zu prüfen und ihm manuell Rabatte (die ihm im Rahmen des Programms zugestanden hätten) zu überweisen.

August 23, 2022

Dear team at 82NC,

Thank you so much for your feedback! 🙌

We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don't meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn't happen again.

However, the new interface of our app is still in the process and we are taking all the attention in our account and doing as our merchants wish.

Again please accept my deepest apologies. We will do our best to make it so that it won't never happen again and gain your trust. 🙏

East Meets West USA

Time spent using app About 1 year

Had one of the worst experiences with this app. Couldn't even begin to describe the months of back and forth while we helped them solved coding issue, fix crucial bugs and glitches. There is WAY too many codes that Growave implements on your site, 30+. This causes website to be slow and the user experience to be horrible. We upgraded our theme and deleted all the Growave codes because we were going to delete the App. Somehow we noticed that there was Growave code in the new theme! How it got there is highly suspicious. We deleted that App immediately after that. Over all this app is very novice in terms of functionality.

August 23, 2022

Dear team at East Meets West USA,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our app didn’t meet the level of service we strive for. We value every merchant and it's important to us that all of our beloved customers are happy with our app 🙏🥺.

Regarding your feedback, I would like to kindly let you know that our app affects the speed of the website loading but not significantly since all the scripts in it are minimized as much as possible and the files are loaded asynchronously. We always try to improve our app and speed is one of our top priorities today.

As for the files, I'd like to kindly let you know that we only add the codes that help our features to work and function correctly on your website. Moreover, we only add them to the theme requested by the customers since we don't want to cause any errors and inconvenience from our end.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us this feedback, I hope there’s another chance where you can try Growave again🙌🏻!

Haliajewels

Location Italy

Stay away from this app.
From their site it all seems simple but in the end it is impossible to set everything up correctly without problems. I was in constant contact with the team for 4 days to solve very small problems due to their non-existent tutorials! They don't even explain well in the FAQ or help pages how to do everything you need ... Not only that: I asked how to make a change on the reviews I uploaded and they replied that there is a "secret setting" that costs 150 $ ........... But do we realize? BAD BAD BAD I have installed LOOX and now everything works correctly. All set up in a few hours and the result is 10 times better, even graphically. Ah, and it costs less. GOODBYE

January 18, 2022

Dear team at Haliajewels,

We’re truly sorry that your experience did not match your expectations 😔. Keeping our customers happy is our number one priority and I’d like to ask you for another chance to retain your trust.

We want to thank you for your feedback on our knowledge base. We will take it into consideration and try to add more tutorials in order for the customers to have the best experience with Growave. We’ll strive to do better 🙏!

Regarding the paid hidden setting, I'd like to kindly let you know that our app has default functionality and if the request is not included in it, we always try to meet the Shopify merchants' needs and do everything possible to fulfill the request and since it takes resources and our time we do it on a paid basis. I hope for your understanding on this matter 🙏!
We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Our goal is for everyone who comes in contact with us to have the best possible experience, so if you could please reply to our last support reply, I’d love the opportunity to discuss your concerns further with you 🙏.

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your reviews with us and looking forward to hearing from you again.

Previous 1