Elevar Conversion Tracking

Developer
Elevar
4.5
December 2, 2022

I'm not satisfied, Elevar is loosing conversions in GA and did not help me as I expected (I'm using basic plan)

TALYA
Poland
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Elevar replied December 2, 2022

Hi Anna - this is Brad - Elevar Founder here -- it looks like you just have client-side tracking enabled via Google Tag Manager. Allow us to get you onto our server-side tracking where we guarantee 99% conversion accuracy for Google Analytics (incl GA4). Please email me brad@getelevar.com so we can get you taken care of right away.

Thank you and I am sorry for the experience thus far but look forward to getting this sorted out for you right away.

December 15, 2021

This app charged $750 on our store despite having never been installed, I don't know how this is possible but we want this charge removed ASAP.

sidocats
Time spent using app: 3 minutes
Elevar replied December 15, 2021

Hi Adam, The app was installed by either adam@salesource.com or sido@salesource.com at 1259 EST today for our PRO plan ($750) and then was deleted ~ 2 hours after. This same store also installed and signed up for 2 of our other plans as well.

It appears this was a test store for another app; https://salesource.com/

No charge went through and was verified by Shopify support on our support ticket that we opened on your behalf.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thank you so much.

Edited October 20, 2022

The problems began with the migration to a higher level.
Here are a few of them:
No contact for reported doubts or problems, both in terms of data or installation
-> Beware of migrating to a higher subscription - there is a probability that you will be without support and installation for a week and this affects the correctness of the measurement and of course affects Google Ads campaigns (of course, after asking about migration, they recommend that you do it right away)
Despite the purchased support and implementation, there were doubts as to whether the conversion was counted correctly. If you think that such problems can be solved quickly with Elevar, you are wrong. Generally, Elevar does not see the problem, even though they are there to ensure correct data collection and to create correct analyzes on their basis. At that time, it has a negative impact on your business. I was very disappointed on Elevar. This is a good example of how a company with good support changes into a company that hardly has this support.

guguplanet
Poland
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Elevar replied November 15, 2022

Hi Tom - this is Brad, the Founder of Elevar. Thank you for taking the time to update your review from 5 star to 1 star and share your feedback on where we need to improve in the upgrade process when going from data layer tracking/GTM server-side to the Elevar Server-Side tracking.

After we've reviewed and discussed all concerns over the upgrade, the main tracking issue boiled down to the Product Name dimension in GA4. The product name is being translated (via another 3rd party app) on product views, but is not translated on add to cart (or purchase) events. As of now this is not something Elevar has a fix for. However when viewing reports in GA4, the product funnel data is accurate using the Product ID and GA4 contains 100% of conversions.

We also discussed concern over Google Ads tracking during the migration -- nothing was impacted here with Remarketing tags or Primary Conversion event since this was all still running via GTM Web container only.

I look forward to continuing to support you as a valued customer in the future.

September 2, 2020

We have not had a good experience with using Elevar's platform. Their dashboard app looks beautiful at first, but after using it for a while it appears to not be intuitive.

The funnels feature setup is difficult to understand as it doesn't provide enough tooltips to understand what things like "matches regex" is and we discovered the funnels data was completely unreliable as the founder said the "Google Analytics API was having issues," yet we haven't received any updates on it being fixed, so the promised funnels feature is just inoperable.

They don't proactively seek out user feedback such surveys or anything to improve the customer experience. They have only been available through minimal email support and we've tried so hard to work with them on getting started for months now to the point where we've basically just given up and have experienced extreme buyer's remorse as a result.

This app seems to be meant for very experienced data analysts and not meant for the average small business owner who desires an intuitive platform for setting up funnels---so buyer beware!

Wildlife Tree
Time spent using app: 11 months
Elevar replied September 2, 2020

Hi Josh - this is Brad (Founder). I appreciate your candid feedback on our custom funnel builder feature and general UI which you've shared with us before (and we very much appreciate). We have already taken some action to try to improve based on your tips.

I agree with your last statement in the review. If a small business owner is looking for a solution to just build custom funnels on the fly - we are not the best tool for the job.

However this GTM App on app store is purely focused on getting Google Tag Manager installed properly with the dataLayer and 20+ pre-built marketing tags that can be implemented within GTM. This along with the ability to add custom event tracking is what we truly specialize in.

Regarding my quote around GA having API issues for the funnel builder: we are indeed 100% reliant on the data returned from the GA API to help build these. Unfortunately there are known sampling issues that we don't have any control over no matter how much we ask for fixes.

I've gone ahead and refunded your full purchase for the trouble. Thank you again for taking the time to provide candid feedback - it helps us improve our product and service.

Brad (brad@getelevar.com)