Automate Returns & Exchanges
Automate returns & exchanges via a branded returns portal. Customize return reasons & refund methods and apply policy rules automatically.
Convert Refunds Into Exchanges
Recommend exchanges based on shopper return reason and available inventory. Returns are recorded directly in simple, clean transactions.
Reduce Return Shipping Costs
Connect to your carrier to generate shipping labels or use our low rates for guaranteed savings. Upgrade to box-free return drop off.
About Happy Returns
With Happy Returns, you can:
Customize the return portal with your unique branding
You control key elements of the look and feel of your returns portal, including:
- Logo, colors, and font
- Return reasons, configurable by category, e.g. too big for apparel
- Return methods, e.g. refund, exchange and gift cards.
Configure the app to apply your return policy
- How many days shoppers have to return products, i.e. the return window
- Return window by refund type or by season, e.g. return within 30 days for refund and within 60 days for an exchange, or extended return window for holiday season
- Final sale items
- Return fees, applied per return method
- Limiting refund types by product, e.g. specify a product is only eligible for exchange
- Allowing for “return-less” refunds, e.g. for first orders or for low-value items
- Black-listing problem shoppers or identifying your best customers as VIPs
Enable exchanges based on available inventory
Reduce refunds and increase exchanges with intelligence built into the app that allows for:
- One click exchanges for size, based on shopper return reason and available inventory
- Variant exchanges for attributes like color, size, waist, inseam, etc.
- Pre-orders for exchanges if items are out of stock
- Exchanges for same value if items were purchased on sale or with a discount code
- Automatic conversion of an exchange to a refund if items stock out
Automate return shipping and reduce costs
Flexible set-up lets you automate return shipping based on:
- Integration will all major carriers, e.g. FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.
- Automatic generation of return shipping labels from your carrier account or
- Happy Returns' low carrier rates, should you choose them
Upgrade to box free, in-person return drop off
Ready to give shoppers more choices in how to return and reduce shipping costs further? Upgrade to our box-free, in-person return program, featuring:
- QR codes to drop off returns at over 2,500 convenient locations nationwide
- Aggregation for bulk shipping, saving you more money
- Reusable totes that eliminate cardboard and increase sustainability
- No set-up cost and per-item fees based on shopper usage
Provide powerful tools, tracking & reporting to your CX teams
All transactions are recorded directly in your Shopify account, and our app dashboard allows your teams to:
- Look up return status
- Make exceptions and manage returns easily
- See summary reporting on all return & exchange metrics in real time
- Track inventory throughout the return process
- Export data with custom reports or utilize a webhook
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
External charges may apply. These charges are billed by the external provider and won’t appear on your Shopify invoice.
Shipping charges may apply
Up to 500 items per month
Return policy manager
Shipping rate optimization
Shipping charges may apply
Pro plan +
Up 1500 items per month
Exchanges by collections
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
C A R I U M A
Happy Returns have helped us improve the returns holistically. Experience to customers is flawless, internal processes improved, exchanges were optimised and the drop off location options have driven cost of returns down. Their team is efficient and easy to work and KPI dashboards are super helpful for decision making.
Happy Returns provides a robust solution that is easy for both customers and admins to use. The in-person Return Bar option provides flexibility for customers who don't have printers or who prefer to return things in-person. Their growing international capabilities and options for logistical support are also helpful for growing brands that may not want or be able to manage reverse logistics fully in-house.
We used this app to quickly switch from a custom Returns app that was high cost, high maintenance. We immediately saw an increase in usability and customer satisfaction, and a decrease in customer support tickets regarding returns. Integration was as easy as it could be. the time to get up and running was stunning. The only thing that keeps this from being a five start review is the limitations around some customizations. because Happy Returns is designed to be used by any company, some customizations are impossible. Knowing these limitations, however, allows us to plan around and work with their wonderful support staff to come up with solutions that will work for us.