Gorgias ‑ Live Chat & Helpdesk

Gorgias ‑ Live Chat & Helpdesk

by Gorgias

Centralize all your customer service channels in one place

Moto Loot

If you stay with Gorgias long enough, you’ll become an “appreciated loyal customer”. This means that they’ll put you on a legacy plan which no longer receives any new core features. This became apparent for us recently when they updated their Instagram integration to also allow replying to Instagram DMs (sounds like a core part of the Instagram integration right?). Turns out we can only access this core Instagram integration feature if we update our plan to either: a) a much shittier plan for the same price. or b) a slightly less shittier plan for 5 x the price.

headphones.com

We've used Gorgias for just about 2 years now and if you love consistent down times with the inability to respond to your own customers than it is a great service. When Gorgias is experiencing issues, nothing on your front-end is changed. So customers can still send you messages and you can't respond to them. Gorgias doesn't even put a message out to customers that there is an issue with the live chat. Ironically, when you look for support from Gorgias on their "live chat", there is never anyone to be found. They've even swapped it over to some useless automated messaging that is the same level of useful as Amazon Seller Support. We've given Gorgias multiple chances because the platform itself has a lot of potential. But they don't seem to want to make the basic fixes that merchants want. If you're looking at Gorgias, here are some of the features that are missing. 1. You cannot put in vacation hours for the storefront, only by person only. So the live chat widget is active at all times, even if you are not. The only way around this is to modify your business hours every time there is a Holiday. Or, you deactivate the widget all together. The kicker? If a customer has your website cached, they will still see the Gorgias widget and be able to send you messages but on your end it will say "Gorgias has been deactivated, please reactivate to reply to this message". Very business friendly. 2. No variability between the Desktop and Mobile experience. Everyone knows mobile shopping is booming and the fact that this isn't even an option is simply outstanding in 2021. 3. Removing features from the plan you're paying for and putting it in a plan at 2.5x the price without telling you those changes are being made or any sort of grandfather period. Excellent way to keep your loyal customers on board. At this point, we're going to look at apps like RE:amaze and see what they have on offer as we've given Gorgias multiple chances. If this is how they treat a customer who has been with them for 2 years, I can't imagine the treatment new customers get. I decided to give Gorgias one more chance to see if they could deal with the most basic frustrations before posting this review and the below happened. I sent this review over to Gorgias through their live chat support at 10:37am on July 28th, 2021. At 1:22pm PST, I still had not received a response even though their support hours are listed from 9am - 7pm PST. Finally at 1:35pm PST, I received a response that they completely understood my frustrations and would pass it along to the management team who would arrange a call the next day. Aleksandra sent an e-mail at 8:08am PST on Thursday, July 29th to confirm that 2pm was a good time for her to chat today. I confirmed with her at 11:37am PST. It is now 2:06pm PST and I have yet to receive a confirmation from her or a phone call. Clearly Gorgias did not understand our frustrations and we are unfortunately forced to leave this review.

Honey's Child Boutique

If I could give less than one star I definitely would. I have been with Gorgias a little over a year. While the service has somewhat helped streamline my customer service issues, the constant outages, being kicked off of the platform and inconsistent Social integration performance has lead me to drop Gorgias. But most of all is the absolute worse customer service I have ever received. I don't know if they are short staffed or what, but EVERY TIME I reach out to them through chat, I get very generic answers with links to their articles. No one ever actually looks into my account to address my specific problem. If they do, the end up telling me I need to speak to a developer or pass the buck to Shopify. In a nutshell, these people just want your money. They do not care about customer service at all. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worse enemy.

Verified Shungite

It does not work on Firefox. Secondly, when you try to access the app through the shopify window, it takes you to a "sign up new account" window, which is a useless loop. You then find your way to your support tickets, but cannot find the settings from there. Mostly, it does not work on Firefox, and this was verified by the support agent.
Poorly designed app and is not functioning.

Japanese Taste

Integrations did not work during the call with a Gorgias employee but we were already charged a fee (which was refunded later). We also tried to solve the issue by ourselves but the documentation is not totally clear and we do not have enough resources for an extra task. It is frustrating to sign up to a new platform and run into problems from minute 0. I think the integration should be smoother and also they could offer a free implementation service for all the plans. Also the chat support service was not friendly and they took a lot of time to respond to our concerns.

NOHOLY — JEWELRY & ACCS.

Too expensive. Tried it after Zendesk. PS A lot of fake positive reviews here.
Our company compared two apps between Gorgias and Reamaze. With this app you have to add high cost per ticket and include it's price for each order which male ROAS lower.
Both simple, but.

Looks like it's only for small shops and lazy entrepreneurs.

Do you need It when each facebook comment marked as ticket and closing your 750$ plan as quickly as comments under the popular meme.
Not even close to Enterprise level, for sure not for e-commerce if you want to cut the spends and make higher net margin. !!!!!
So, choose the systems and plugins, which not using pay-per-ticket plans. Reamaze or Zendesk.
Best of luck! These guys just make too high money on simple operations.
Have to be much less expensive.

The Enhanced Male

I regret ever migrating from Re:Amaze. I cant comment on the software iteself because I cant get past the horrific customer support. Getting any help from Gorgias is like pulling teeth. They have zero regard for their customers time. STAY AWAY FROM GORGIAS IF YOU ARE GOING TO NEED ANY SUPPORT. And their support documentation is junk.

Victory Garden

Software only works when an order comes in through the 'online store.' It does NOT integrate with external sales channels. DO NOT ADD THIS APP IF YOU SELL ON AMAZON, WALMART, EBAY, or ANY other external sales channel. It will not work.

Personalized Jewel

Not good for campaigns with different types of Shopify stores. Pricing is too high for a tool that is supposed to manage a good chunk of data. Integrity issues with the management, not keeping their word on pricing strategies.

Florence Scovel

Switching back to zendesk. The sales team did not honor their commitment. We were paying around 700 a month and came to an agreement but the team backed off. If they cannot commit to a sales agreement, I wouldn't expect them to commit to being easy to work with.

Previous 1