Houzz ‑ marketplace for home

Houzz ‑ marketplace for home

by Houzz

Sell your products on Houzz and easily process orders

My Eclectic Christmas Fantasy™

This app is terrible and full of scammers. I was only contacted by scammers trying to get money and texts messages about interior decorating when it is clear as day that I'm not an interior decorator. I make custom holiday decor items. I wouldn't even bother with this.

Broome + Greene

I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews of this app, maybe you're trying to sell products on Houzz that do not fit what their marketplace is about?

Our store - shopbandg.com has over 500 products listed on Houzz. We were approved and up and running within a week or so and our products are on a rolling basis, approved.

We've generated a decent amount of traction from the listings and increased our social media following.

Before shooting down the app - go directly to Houzz, create an account to allow you to sell on the marketplace and then when approved, add this app and enter your credentials and you should be good to go!

Imusindustries

Worthless sales channel. I've been trying to get my product listed for about a year with no success. Accounts are rejected by Houzz even though similar products are available on their marketplace. No vendor support at all. Try calling their marketplace support and they will tell you that team is only available by email. Email them and you will never get a response. Don't bother with this sales channel.

Made In America Home

The app does not work. You have to do too much beside the feed in order to get active. Once you are active- and that could take months- it is very slow to add anything new. The staff which you can only reach through email just tells you about how backed up they are, If you sell seasonal things- this is not the place to be. If you sell Custom- this is not the place to sell. Unfortunate because it was a great idea. - but it failed. Products are more average every day- and you get better accuracy with Hayneedle, Jet etc.

Goredeanhomeanddesign

We have been asked by another store to review Houzz and their app because we have vast experience with the app. Sadly we cannot recommend this app. This is not say that we do not recommend Houzz.

Their description says that "The Houzz app will enable you to quickly and efficiently list your products for sale on the Houzz Marketplace"- nothing could be further from the truth.

The app does not contain the information that Houzz needs to make your products active. Country of Origin, weight, material content, ship times, freight and shipping costs etc all must be added on a separate spreadsheet. It is a long and difficult and anonymous process.

We signed up with this App 2 years ago and half of the products from that feed are still not active. 2 years..Plus Houzz is a constantly changing target.They make policy changes without telling you. There is no training for Sellers and in too many cases, if you raise a problem with the app- they tell you that you are wrong.

We wrote in to Houzz last week to explain that we had 0 of a product on our feed to them and that they had sold one anyway. I sent a screenshot of the product now at -1. It does not take a genius to figure out that the only way to get to -1 is to start at 0 and sell one. Luckily we had one in stock. But if we hadn't- our Seller Score would have gone down and we would have been dinged for an Order Cancellation etc. They got back to us eventually to tell us that we had 4 and sold one and now we have 3. Completely ignoring what we had said.

In conclusion, in the two years that we have used this app- it has not had one upgrade or improvement. That is not what a Company does that is serious about an effective app.

Selling on Houzz has its own challenges and it is not for people who are not prepared for a non communicative and isolated corporate mindset. But this app makes the relationship more difficult and expensive.

I wish it were not the case. We tried repeatedly to show them add on apps from shopify that could improve the app but frankly they were not interested.

Lifemoderne

Houzz has been the worst experience of our professional lives. There is ZERO support. They are slow, difficult and disrespectful. They feel that you are there for them and they do nothing to respond to any concern or question you might have. They handle charges and chargebacks. They do not inform you of any chargebacks and then just deduct them from your sales. The 15% they charge you is not the whole thing. They charge for late orders- give customers discounts and practically insist that you provide free shipping. You cant make money with them only for them. We are disconnecting this app as of today and seriously advise everyone to stay away!

Yourgardenstop

I have been working with Nick and our new product coordinator and my items are finally getting out there. I revised to a 3 and will revise if they continue to perform at getting my products live. Thanks all to Nick

It has been almost 3 years and our products still aren't out there. Tell us pictures should be one size and then we are told another size. Product coordinators change so much and you can't talk with a person only through email. Have made complaints but it does no good. Only available to the buyer, never want to help the seller. Uploads are really bad, multiple product errors and review process is extremely slow.

Back to the same Houzz, they are now telling us we can no longer charge restocking fees and they are also charging us $2 for now inputting tracking for USPS First Class, $12 if we are late with uploading tracking, $15 is an item is out of stock after 2 per month. For a small business we can take a 15% commission plus these other fees. When we joined they told us only 15% now they have changed without even notifying us.

Also Houzz emails you to death I can get any other work done because they won't let me do my job they micro manage you. I didn't go into business for this experience.

Xenotees

Beyond horrible. Clunky, and unusable. I really wish this worked because I would love to have my products properly listed on Houzz. Especially my Cat Nap Pillowcases!

Organic Sleep

It doesn't work at all. It take forever to review the products.

Artesanos Design Collection

We adopted the Houzz Seller Channel almost immediately after its release thinking it will get our household decor and furniture in front of the right customer.

It did help us to make a few sales here and there, but we didn't see the growth that we had hoped for. They were very eager to help us and get things launched when the integration was first released, but since then, their support for the seller end of things has become nothing short of disrespectful, and essentially non-existent.

Most of the items that we offer on the Houzz channel are hand-crafted artisan goods that are made to order. A customer can freely cancel their order at any point up until the order has shipped. If there is any issue after the item has shipped, please do not expect to see any help from Houzz. They will instantly and without question side with the customer and force the issuance of a refund. Houzz has cost us thousands of dollars from situations like these.

I urge anyone looking to sell on the Houzz channel to really make sure they are willing to put up with the disrespect and complete lack of care for their sellers. Buy lots of ibuprofen ahead of time. Make sure you have the margin built into your product as well as your shipping fees. They collect 15% on everything... shipping fees included.

I would really just recommend that you don't.

Previous 1 3