In Cart Upsell & Cross Sell

Increase AOV with Upsell & Cross-sells without Popups Using AI

Free plan available. 30-day free trial.

truemorrow

Location Germany
Time spent using app About 1 year

The team is really nice, reactive and seems to be working hard. However, we sadly still keep getting the same months-old bugs and problems over and over again, with customers complaining regularly and/or (worse!) even aborting their purchase because of trust issues and visual confusion, e.g. overlapping cart elements etc.
Moreover, it's not possible to define rule priorities or more complex triggers (e.g. combining AND/OR conditions), which is a must if you want to give your customers meaningful cross-sell recommendations.

December 8, 2021

Hello, friends at Truemorrow

Thank you for your feedback. We understand your frustration with this rare issue and can assure you that we're working around the clock to resolve this. Again, we're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Our primary objective is to ensure that our customers get added value to their store's when using our app. Once again, I must extend our sincere apology for the negative experience.

We do our best to increase the service quality of our app and services daily and look forward to resolving this issue very soon.

Here to help, and very sorry you experienced this.
Jevon & The In Cart Upsell Team

Chalk Full of Design

Time spent using app Almost 4 years

Not sure what happened. We have used this app successfully for years (since 2017) and then in the fall of 2020 we started experiencing issues with our offers not showing. Contacted support and it took over a week to get our offers back on line. It worked for a while and now the same thing is happening again. Sent 2 requests to support for help and radio silence for almost a week. Had to find an alternate and uninstall. Would not have moved on if the program just kept working as before. My guess is that they have changed something in the code that makes it incompatible with some installations and they have not found the ghost. It was a great app when it worked ! Updated.... it would appear that In Cart Upsell has rebranded and has a new pricing structure. Not sure if this has anything to do with the app not working on our site after several years, but it does appear that new customers are having better success with both functionality and support. If this is a shedding of customers on the old pricing structure, shame on you... "you dance with the one that brung ya"!

April 2, 2021

Hello Benjamin,

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused this past few weeks. We are continuously working on getting the app working on all stores and ensuring all users get the best service from the app. I'm sad you had to uninstall the app and find an alternative solution.

Benedict & the In Cart Upsell team

PoooliPrint™

Time spent using app About 1 year

I have been using this app for one year without any issues. Something came up and it's no longer working the way it should. Now, I have been talking back and forth to the developer team for over 3 weeks without any success to fix it.

April 6, 2020

Hello friends from PoooliPrint™!

So appreciate the time you took to leave this great review. Thanks for the shout-out about our customer service and REALLY glad to hear that you're having good results from the app on your Shopify store :-) Hope your store sells millions!

-Sean & the In Cart Upsell Support Team

Troubadour

When you create an offer, it does not allow you to select a specific product variant, only the main product! This makes the app not capable of running one of the offers that we have (currently manually coded).

Note that it also does not allow setting an actual discounted price, without creating a discount code or making a duplicate product with a different price.

June 23, 2019

Hello!
This is Sean, the Customer Success Manager for In Cart Upsell. We took over this app from the previous owner :)

You left a negative review for In Cart Upsell a long time ago and I am emailing to see if you wouldn’t mind removing it (or adding more stars)?

We have already made several improvements and fixes to past issues with this app (including new features and 24/7 support) - and it REALLY helps our ranking on the App Store if we can remove the handful of negative reviews.

Please let me know how I can support you and help in return? I appreciate it very much!

Previous Reply:​

Sorry we weren't a good fit for your needs! It actually is possible to restrict variants from being shown in offers - we can set this up for you if you need help.
The discount feature uses discount codes that could be shared because Shopify is able to enforce the rules for those discount codes. The idea is that the code can be shared because it's only valid for that combination of products. I can assist with setting that up, if you want!

Wemakehomes

Location Romania

Makes the site load way slower sometimes. Had to uninstall it.

July 8, 2019

Previous Reply:​

I'm sorry this happened to you! We've fixed this issue - it's no longer possible for this app to slow down your store.

Roccos Market

It works, but I'm removing it. The 7 step process to implement is a nightmare. You better be comfortable editing your templates manually and you should be very careful. The "hidden product" trick is not so hidden on all pages. Good luck finding which files to change to make sure that they don't appear inadvertently. I was also not a big fan of having to duplicate an item and add a "hiddenproduct' tag. It's just another thing to manage.

I'd also like to point out that the instructions were not totally accurate for my theme which is currently the free Supply Theme. Again, you might want to know what you are doing here. If you are uncomfortable editing your HTML files, I'd stay away from this app.

I think this should be push button deploy, then setup and manage. It's just not that simple.

I love the idea and will be searching for another alternative once I uninstall this app.

March 19, 2020

Skiff Life We Fish Skinny Water

Time spent using app 14 minutes

Works great on desktop but does not work on mobile devices. Disappointed.

March 19, 2020

Hello!

We have already made several improvements and fixes to past issues with this app (including new features and much better support) - and it REALLY helps our ranking on the App Store if we can remove the handful of negative reviews.

Therightchargers

Time spent using app About 1 month

had the app for about 1 week and noticed my sales were down. played about with my site for abit and found out when the app pops up it removes the payment button so custermars couldn't pay!! removed the app and sale are back on track. overall the app was good, just need to fix that bug

July 8, 2019

Previous Reply:​

Thanks for being one of our first users! This early bug is now fixed. I apologize for the pain it caused you!