Shopify Inbox

Rating (4.5)
Developer
4.5
June 3, 2020

Don't install it. You can't get it off your website, even after deleting it. Plus it comes with the Kit app which is a pain in the butt to get rid of as well.

Michael Steddum
Time spent using app: 14 days

Hi Michael Steddum,
Thank you for your feedback.

Shopify Ping can be removed from your store by either disabling the chat button from the Sales Channel directly in your Shopify Admin (found on the left hand navigation menu under ‘Sales Channels’) or by removing the Sales Channel entirely from the Settings > Sales Channel section of the Shopify Admin.

If the button still appears on your store after trying either or both of those methods please contact our support team directly at ping@shopify.com and we can work with you to get that sorted out. 😀

May 29, 2020

HELP???
Id love to write a review, but I can't use it. Have a 11Pro Max, It won't let me log in at all. Have tried uninstalling the app, disconnecting in the store, re-installing etc, refreshing, standing on my head... you name it... Ive tried it. The shopify app & shopify POS work fine... no problems there at all. But Ping will not connect at all. Same logon details, same everything ????? Hope some one can help???

French Nik Naks
Time spent using app: 6 months

Hi French Nik Naks!
We're sorry to hear you were having issues logging into Shopify Ping. This was an issue we noticed after releasing version 2.5 of Ping, but our team has since released an update that should allow you to log in without a hitch. The current version of Shopify Ping on iOS is 2.5.3.

If you are still experiencing issues logging in after updating to the current version please contact us at ping@shopify.com and we can work with you directly to ensure everything is up and running. 🙂

May 13, 2020

I mean seriously what can you expect from a free app. But in all honesty, this app is worst than free. It will cost you money in loss of customers. I've tested it as a customer. Once you click on the "Chat" you can't go back on to the shop, you have to open your site/shop on a new tab, so have the chat in one tab and your shop on another tab (Mobile device as I haven't tested on desktop). By then my customer has a high chance of losing interest because I certainly won't be bothered to switch from tab to tabs for a question. Disgraceful how Shopify can't fix their own app after so many bad reviews...

Sleems.com
Time spent using app: 5 months

Hi Sleems.com
Thank you for your feedback!

Buyers visiting your store on a mobile device should be able to minimize the chat screen by clicking the banner found at the top of the conversation screen. If that banner isn’t clickable on your end, please contact our team at ping@shopify.com and we can look into what could be causing that.

On desktop the chat will appear as a small conversation window in the bottom right corner, that won’t impede your customers ability to navigate the store.

If you have any other questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team!

May 11, 2020

Oh no... This has killed my SEO! Google has started crawling my pages with (1) - the notification from this app in the meta title. This looks so unprofessional on Google and has really affected my organic results. You need to fix this ASAP!!!

Protein Package
Time spent using app: 9 months

Hi Protein Package,
Thank you for your feedback. Our developers were able to resolve the issue you were seeing, in which the (1) notification appeared before page titles in Google searches. However, Google's site crawlers can take a few weeks between rounds, so it may take some time before the page titles are indexed without the (1).

You can speed this process up by asking Google to re-crawl your URLs - https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

Or by resubmitting your sitemap - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/seo/find-site-map

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. You can reach us at hellokit@shopify.com

May 11, 2020

When the Google crawling machines are indexing my website they are recognized as a new visitor (new IP address) and read the meta title with (1) in front, so my pages are indexed with (1) in front of the meta title. Not good!

Venchi Chocolate USA
Time spent using app: 17 days

Hi Venchi Chocolate USA,

May 7, 2020

After having serious performance issues, I discovered that when a new visitor (new IP address) comes to my website the chat app sends notification. And the number of notifications is added to the meta title of the page, so when the Google crawling machines are indexing my website they are recognized as a new visitor (new IP address) and read the meta title with (1) in front, so my pages are indexed with (1) in front of the meta title.
Please fix it!

Micro•DOT Helmet Co.
Time spent using app: About 1 month

Hello Micro•DOT Helmet Co,

May 6, 2020

I was very disappointed when i saw that you did not have the application for Android, it's extremely unfortunate the application looked really good.

La boutique des gothiques
France
Time spent using app: 4 months

April 23, 2020

my customers are not able to see my response I get questions from customers but when i respond it doesn't look like they got my message

Beauty Lifts
Time spent using app: 5 months
April 21, 2020

I'm not exactly sure why iOS users are getting superior products. Do their plans cost more? Android users account for the majority of mobile users. This has been a service all sellers have been asking for. It should have been rolled out on desktop first as this service would then be available to everyone. Even though this error in judgement did happen, isolating many subscribers from this services... Why has it not yet been rolled out, at the very least, on desktop for everyone to use?

Smart Sassery
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
Shopify replied April 22, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to report that the Android version of Ping is coming very soon, so Android users can take advantage of Shopify Chat. You can sign up to be notified when it's available: https://www.shopify.com/ping. Just enter your email address and click "Join Waitlist".

January 29, 2020

It's unfortunate that this can only be used on my phone... I have multiple support representatives that work at a desk... I want to have them on the computer typing their responses not staring at their phone the entire time.

Insight Apparel