Shopify Inbox

Connect with customers and drive sales with chat– for free

Price: Free

Catherine Iskiw Designs

This is another app (like Shopify Email) that Shopify has released before it is very functional. There is a message to start the chat that you can't get rid of. My customers accidentally set it off and then give up and leave the app. Even the Shopify support person did the same thing.

wdlracing

While visitors to my store seem to enjoy using this method of chatting the back end is a nightmare to use. You can't filter conversations easily, there is no bulk "Mark As Read" or "Assign to X Staff Member" option. I made the mistake of connecting it to Facebook messenger and now have hundreds of "Unread Messages" that were handled on Facebook's platform, and many times the messenger messages duplicate. This makes it impossible to find the Shopify Inbox customers. If the quality of the customers I'm getting on the Shopify chat(most are people just writing "PRODUCT NAME ???" in all caps with no context) doesn't improve I'm going to have to go back to just using Facebook's Messenger App.

פריקפוא

Can not change the language. Can not delete sections. Can not customize for convenience.
Why lunch a product that is not ready!?

XTUCAM

It can't support guide visitors to leave emails, not phone numbers in North American. We can't adjust the setting.

gabi+skin

Has anything improved with this App after it was renamed to Shopify Inbox? We installed it before but found the front-end widget on our site buggy. It was cut off, impossible for users to see the bottom of the chat window. [ UPDATE ] I am very interested in using this App as its advertised features look great. The backend looks great. The front-end... still a major issue of users not being able to see the bottom of the chat window. Until this is fixed how can this be usable?

Mad Micas

I wanted to like it, but there are issues. First, as others have said, why make the customer enter their phone number? OK - so it tells the operator that the number links to a customer account, but the operator cant click on anything to get to that account. Same goes for order numbers - they don't link - that would be useful. Worse, it doesn't identify when someone is logged into Ping, which is where the operators have to be to read messages, so that if someone closes their Ping window the chat button stays there, allowing customers to try and chat but get no response. Actually a huge negative for customer experience. Fix that stuff and we can talk. Until then, I have to go elsewhere.

Sleep&Go

We had installed the app more than four month. All the period we were asking to fix the issue with non-translatable options like default chat message, input placeholder text, default FAQ item. But they seems to be don't care and not going to fix that. I guess everyone who manage the store on other languages then English or using multi lang store should know that they won't have chat on any other language.

Punkt & Strich

We had the chat installed, but it has the following problem: you open the chat, type your message. Then you are asked for your email. If you have entered the email, you have to type the chat message again. That's anoying for the customer.

Arda Suppliers

I really wanted to like this app. Integration with Apple Messages works well, it looks good and everything is centralised on Ping. Plus it’s free. However, just turning this app on instantly kills my pagespeed score! It’s loading webfonts, google captchas, jquery and a bunch of other stuff. Plus I have no control over it. There should be an option to manually insert chat onto the theme, so I could get some control on how it’s loaded. Or options to disable chat on mobile version (it’s where it’s most noticeable the performance hit). Or please do anything really about performance, I want to use this app and chat service but as it is it’s simple impossible.

February 24, 2021

Hello Arda Suppliers, thank you for your honest review and feedback.

We understand how important page speed is for our Merchants and this feedback is valuable. I will be sharing it with the Developers.

If you ever need any help, have questions or even more feedback, feel free to reach out to our team via the support link in the app, or directly at ping@shopify.com.

Kind regards,

Ruby C.
Senior Support Specialist - Ping

Socksmith

If you use iOS, this app is great! If not, move on. I was excited to use this app because it integrates so well with the rest of Shopify, however many of the features are only available if you are using the iOS app (availability hours, saved replies, link to products and discounts, etc). Desktop and Android only give you access to the basic chat without the ability to edit any of the settings or more advanced chat options. Hopefully they update the desktop interface to include the ability to manage settings and full chat options, because everything else about it looked really promising and easy to use. Installation was very easy, the only issue is that the chat button is enabled automatically before you've customized any settings. It's easy to disable so just be aware to do that if you are not ready to start customer chats right away.

February 1, 2021

Hello Socksmith, thank you for the honest feedback and detailed review!

While we don't currently have all the features available across all platforms, our Developers are working on releasing iOS features across all Shopify Ping platforms (iOS, Android and Web) later this year. I hope that once all features are available on Android, you'll give Shopify Chat another try! Feel free to update your review once you give Shopify Chat another chance.

If you have any other feedback or questions, please do get in touch with our team at ping@shopify.com.

Thanks again!