Shopify Inbox

Shopify Inbox | Reviews

by Shopify

Sell over chat, and talk with your customers anytime, anywhere

gabi+skin

Has anything improved with this App after it was renamed to Shopify Inbox? We installed it before but found the front-end widget on our site buggy. It was cut off, impossible for users to see the bottom of the chat window. [ UPDATE ] I am very interested in using this App as its advertised features look great. The backend looks great. The front-end... still a major issue of users not being able to see the bottom of the chat window. Until this is fixed how can this be usable?

Mad Micas

I wanted to like it, but there are issues. First, as others have said, why make the customer enter their phone number? OK - so it tells the operator that the number links to a customer account, but the operator cant click on anything to get to that account. Same goes for order numbers - they don't link - that would be useful. Worse, it doesn't identify when someone is logged into Ping, which is where the operators have to be to read messages, so that if someone closes their Ping window the chat button stays there, allowing customers to try and chat but get no response. Actually a huge negative for customer experience. Fix that stuff and we can talk. Until then, I have to go elsewhere.

Sleep&Go

We had installed the app more than four month. All the period we were asking to fix the issue with non-translatable options like default chat message, input placeholder text, default FAQ item. But they seems to be don't care and not going to fix that. I guess everyone who manage the store on other languages then English or using multi lang store should know that they won't have chat on any other language.

Punkt & Strich

We had the chat installed, but it has the following problem: you open the chat, type your message. Then you are asked for your email. If you have entered the email, you have to type the chat message again. That's anoying for the customer.

Arda Suppliers

I really wanted to like this app. Integration with Apple Messages works well, it looks good and everything is centralised on Ping. Plus it’s free. However, just turning this app on instantly kills my pagespeed score! It’s loading webfonts, google captchas, jquery and a bunch of other stuff. Plus I have no control over it. There should be an option to manually insert chat onto the theme, so I could get some control on how it’s loaded. Or options to disable chat on mobile version (it’s where it’s most noticeable the performance hit). Or please do anything really about performance, I want to use this app and chat service but as it is it’s simple impossible.

February 24, 2021

Hello Arda Suppliers, thank you for your honest review and feedback.

We understand how important page speed is for our Merchants and this feedback is valuable. I will be sharing it with the Developers.

If you ever need any help, have questions or even more feedback, feel free to reach out to our team via the support link in the app, or directly at ping@shopify.com.

Kind regards,

Socksmith

If you use iOS, this app is great! If not, move on. I was excited to use this app because it integrates so well with the rest of Shopify, however many of the features are only available if you are using the iOS app (availability hours, saved replies, link to products and discounts, etc). Desktop and Android only give you access to the basic chat without the ability to edit any of the settings or more advanced chat options. Hopefully they update the desktop interface to include the ability to manage settings and full chat options, because everything else about it looked really promising and easy to use. Installation was very easy, the only issue is that the chat button is enabled automatically before you've customized any settings. It's easy to disable so just be aware to do that if you are not ready to start customer chats right away.

February 1, 2021

Hello Socksmith, thank you for the honest feedback and detailed review!

While we don't currently have all the features available across all platforms, our Developers are working on releasing iOS features across all Shopify Ping platforms (iOS, Android and Web) later this year. I hope that once all features are available on Android, you'll give Shopify Chat another try! Feel free to update your review once you give Shopify Chat another chance.

If you have any other feedback or questions, please do get in touch with our team at ping@shopify.com.

Thanks again!

Graphics Direct

It seemed to work OK, The problem is that there is no way to set your opening hours so the damn thing is pinging all night thanks to international customers who get annoyed because they think that you are ignoring them.
No-one can be available 24/7 365 days a year.

January 13, 2021

Hello Graphics Direct, thank you very much for your review and feedback.

It is possible to set hours of availability as well as a separate automated message for when you are 'available' or 'set to away'. This is all done through the Shopify Ping app. Here is the link to the help doc (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/ping/setup#set-your-chat-availability) on how to set that up.

Setting up hours of availability won't prevent customers from chatting in outside of your hours of availability, so notifications may continue (but hopefully fewer!) so I will include your feedback to our developers.

If you ever need any assistance with the app, or have further feedback and suggestions, feel free to contact our team directly at ping@shopify.com

Best regards,

Ab Fab Textiles

I appreciate that this is a free app supplied by Shopify for which I am grateful. However, it has nearly no customization, notifications through Ping Android App are appallingly bad and inconsistent and so often I get messages but don't know until the customer has left. No time stamps on messages means you don't know whether customer left 1 minute ago, so might be able to recover via Email immediately or whether it was 1/2/3 hours before. Some of us SME owners are too busy at the moment to keep checking their phone just in case someone messaged. Am now looking at paid alternatives unfortunately.

November 23, 2020

Hello Ab Fab Textiles, thank you very much for this great feedback! This is exactly what we need to know in order to improve the app.

Customizing the Android version is something we are working on and will be releasing more features soon. It's a big request from merchants right now.

While time stamps are there for the day, they are not available for the hour - again, this is something we are working to release.

But I will also follow up with a personal email to you, as I think we can discuss this further. Please keep an eye on your inbox for an email from me.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Oxygen Powered

Good concept, too raw, more frequent updates are necessary.
I encourage native apps for better integration, but this one is useless. We manage 2 stores in 1 app (android), I've to log in every time I open the app, I can't copy any message, to share with our members (sales, warehouse, etc.) I can't find where are the messages stored in the admin panel. I can't capture visitors contact details.

October 21, 2020

Hello Oxygen Powered, thanks so much for your honest feedback and review. All your points are great and some of them we are already working on to release in the future ;-)

If you keep the app updated, these improvements will be heading your way. Our apologies for the current frustrations, and feedback from merchants like you are what help us to improve. Thank you again!

If you have any issues or further questions, feel free to contact us directly, our email is ping@shopify.com.

Warmest regards,
Ping Support

Susan Connor New York

I'm writing this review in hopes that shopify will read it and improve on the app! This app has actually helped us engage with many buyers, and close many sales. BUT...and this is a big but...it takes forever, and it's very hard to do so using an iphone. There's no desktop version, and that makes it very expensive to make these sales. What it has proven to us is that there is a need for chat in our store and customers love having that access. Our wishlist... a desktop version, an order lookup in the chat itself, and an immediate prompt / text box for customers to leave an email. At this point, customers are only prompted to leave an email after they've asked a question. Then, they're told "oops, we're not here, please leave your email" and often, they do not. They're so disappointed we've wasted their time by then that they click off. It's not a horrifying app. But, I'd call it "chat for beginners". Very beginners ;)

October 13, 2020

****Hello Susan, some new updates have been released, including Ping for desktop! Go to https://shopifyping.com and login with your Shopify credentials, then enjoy the ease of use of replying to your customers from a desktop or laptop. ****

Thanks so much for your review and great feedback! We do indeed listen and I will take all your points directly to our product team, they are great ideas and may be implemented in the future.

I will personally reach out to you when some of those features are launched, but in the meantime, keep your app updated for any latest features.

All the best,