Shopify Inbox

Shopify Inbox | Reviews

by Shopify

Sell over chat, and talk with your customers anytime, anywhere

Plant Gather

I love this app. It's great that I can chat using the app and my customers receive messages as texts once they are offline. I would give this 5 stars if I could change the prompts. "Check order status" is not relevant to my customers and confuses them. Pls change the coding to allow shop owners to add different conversation starters.

February 10, 2021

Hello Plant Gather, thank you for your thoughtful review and feedback!

I'm so glad that you are loving the app so far! And, find it convenient to communicate with customers. Being able to enable/disable the automated order look-up feature along with adding additional automated flows is a great suggestion! I will be sharing this feedback with our Developers.

If you ever need any help, have questions or even more feedback, feel free to reach out to our team via the support link in the app, or directly at ping@shopify.com.

Thanks again,

Little Shop of Magic

It's an okay start, but the browser based functionality is where we need to be.
As it stands, you can't even set a conversation to closed from a browser.
Piping everything thorough a phone app means you're forcing a company to use someone's personal device to monitor messages, rather than having a team take care of it.

February 3, 2021

Hi Little Shop of Magic, thank you for the review and feedback!

Although the app functionality seem limited at this time for our Web users (shopifyping.com), we are working releasing all features, message management, across all platforms (iOS, Android and Web) throughout the year. We recently released the ability to assign conversations to Staff for Web. Keep your app version up to date to see those releases.

If you ever need any assistance with the app, or have further feedback and suggestions, feel free to contact our team directly at ping@shopify.com.

Kind regards,

Ledimporten

Can't set opening hours and the notification does not work every times. better just when its closed let costumers write email right away or send on Messenger

February 1, 2021

Hi Ledimporten,

Thanks for taking the time to submit feedback and a review!

Currently, only iOS users are able to set hours of availability within the Shopify Ping app for Shopify Chat. We understand how this is an important feature for merchants and our developers are working this feature on Android and Web/desktop. I don't have an exact date for when this feature will be available on Android. But keep an eye out for app updates!

If you have any questions issues or additional feedback, please feel free to reach us at ping@shopify.com. We continually work towards making Shopify Chat a better app and rely on your feedback!

Thanks again,

Metziko Collection

Great App, The Problem is that we manage 2 more Shopify Accounts. And we can't stay online at the same time.

December 14, 2020

Hello Metziko Collection, thanks for your great feedback and review! We are working on making this work for multiple Shopify stores, although I do not have an eta on that yet.

At this time, one workaround is to use a phone device for one store, and then login to the desktop version for another store. The desktop can be found at shopifyping.com

Hopefully that will help a little bit, but if you have further questions or feedback, please feel free to contact us directly. Our team can be reached at ping@shopify.com

Warm regards,

Accessoires4You

Decrease the speed of the shop. Analytic tools like Google tell me to delete this app ! I do no find any trick to speed up the shop without deleting the app

Science Shepherd

The app is straightforward and easy to install, as well as customize. However, the usefulness is severely limited for non-iOS users, even with the new desktop Ping release. At minimum, the ability to set an availability schedule is a must. Will gladly re-evaluate once the feature set is improved.

November 2, 2020

Hello Science Shepherd, thank you very much for your great feedback and review!

Yes, Android is more limited at the moment, however we will definitely be releasing the same features that are currently available on IOS devices. Please keep the app updated so you have those as soon as they are released.

Glad to see you are aware of Ping for desktop, hoping that helps with your customer conversations.

If you have further feedback, questions or concerns, get in touch with us directly at ping@shopify.com

Ediblephotos.ca

It's a good start. It works immediately out of the box. I would like people to be able to enter their names. Pre-done text excerpts for when you're away, or hours available to chat would be great. Saved chats so you can view or respond on desktop would be good too.

November 2, 2020

Hello Ediblephotos.ca, thank you for your feedback and review! The features you are wanting are currently only available on IOS devices, but will be coming soon to Android devices.

We have just launched Shopify Ping for desktop! Login with your store credentials at shopifyping.com and enjoy chatting with your customers on the easy to use desktop version.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us directly, ping@shopify.com.

Amber Guru

I like this app, but it's so frustrating that it's impossible to get rid of this text on top of the pop-up chat: "Leave a number and we'll text you back as soon as we're available (an email address works too)." Even, after contacting support, I didn't manage to succeed. Is it just me, or is that text really unnecessary and ugly?

October 13, 2020

Hi Amber Guru, thank you for your honest feedback and review! The "Leave a number .." banner is not removable at this time, as it's meant to link up a phone number or email address to an existing customer. If your customer list recognizes a phone number or email address, it will replace that with their name to personalize the chat! If it is not recognized, a customer account will be created and then you can market to them at a later time.

However, we are noting it would be great to have this as an option to edit or turn/off on, so will be adding your request to our product team. :-)

Hope that clears up any confusion, and again, thank you for your feedback. This is very helpful so we can improve our products!

All the best,
Ping Support

Fascinators Direct

Early days as we have only just installed this app on our online hat shop: fascinatorsdirect.co.uk

The Shopify live chat app seems easy to use and it's free which is great but you will need to download Shopify ping to reply to your customers.

It's quite basic compared to some other paid apps and it lacks to ability to customise the appearance which is a shame. Hopefully, Shopify will improve the app over time.

September 21, 2020

Hello Fascinators Direct, thank you very much for your review and feedback!

Yes, in order to answer visitor queries on your site on your mobile device, the Ping app is required to download - although that is also free from the Google Play store or the Apple App store. :-)

We are working to improve Shopify Chat and release new ways to customize the widget. Please keep your app updated so you can benefit from the new features!

Again, thanks for your feedback, it is really appreciated!

Kit & Ping Support

WOLCOTT TAKEMOTO

I wish there was a way to see and respond to chats on your computer. I feel like the Ping app doesn't always send notifications, I often seem to miss messages. It would be so useful to not have to answer on my phone.

November 3, 2020

Hello WOLCOTT TAKEMOTO, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. My apologies for the delay in responding.

Be sure to have the latest Ping version installed on your phone, as we have fixed several recent bugs.

*** GOOD NEWS! We have just launched Shopify Ping for desktop! Go to https://shopifyping.com and login with your Shopify credentials, then enjoy the ease of use of replying to your customers from a desktop or laptop. ***

Hope that helps! Get in touch if you need anything else, our direct email is ping@shopify.com